Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 58 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

yuna13

On the Ice
Thank you very much :) (Je crois qu'on a gagné un/une "fan" :devil:)
You come to Caen? Someone is coming?
merci pour les liens.
Non malheureusement. mais l'année prochaine si ils participent aux trophée de France a paris j'irai.

Last edited:

alain06fr

On the Ice
So many things were ongoing during those 3 days in Marseille...

Regarding the debate about the coaches, honestly, I heard so many different things. To make it short, some people think the Canadian coaches obviously tend to favour V/M. Some others think the coaches were simply not prepared to train the two best couples, especially with one being the best Canadian pair. Finally, some others think the Canadian coaches treat and train both P/C and V/M equally and make sure both get the support they need. We'll know the truth at the end of the season as the French Federation wants Gabriella and Guillaume to win the olympic gold medal next year. If the Federation thinks Montréal is not anymore the best place to reach that goal then P/C will leave Gadbois otherwise they will prepare the Olympics in Montréal.
One more information, Muriel Zazoui came to the GPF in Marseille and I was told she was actually invited by the French Federation. I let you make your own deductions or conclusions about that.

Below is a picture after the victory ceremony.... And there's something noticeable on this pic.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BN4hqmHAqS-/?taken-by=theskatinglesson

olayolay

On the Ice
P/C leaving Gadbois would be a mistake.

Also, even if Didier wants them to leave, they won't. They went against his wishes going to Montreal in the first place, and now they have even more financial independence to make their own choices.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
P/C leaving Gadbois would be a mistake.

Also, even if Didier wants them to leave, they won't. They went against his wishes going to Montreal in the first place, and now they have even more financial independence to make their own choices.

Absolutely.
I saw it on the picture Alain06, MDF is hugging Guillaume and Gaby. A way to shut up the rumors maybe ;)
Moving coaches in the Olympic season would be suicide anyway. They just need to push harder and get the nerves under wrap. I hope their fantastic FD performance will help them to realize they can perform in the same event as the Canadians.

maya1985

On the Ice
If there is a decision to be taken at the end of the season, it is up to Gabriella and Guillaume to take it, and not to the federation. If they feel good in Montreal, they have to stay there. I hope the federation will follow them whatever happens. The olympic games will very quickly happen this may not be the moment to go against the will of those who will be the best French chance to get the Olympic gold.
I still have a lot of trouble imagining P/C without Haguenauer.

Last edited:

Mattieu

Medalist
If there is a decision to be taken at the end of the season, it is up to Gabriella and Guillaume to take it, and not to the federation. If they feel good in Montreal, they have to stay there. I hope the federation will follow them whatever happens. The olympic games will very quickly happen this may not be the moment to go against the will of those who will be the best French chance to get the Olympic gold.
I still have a lot of trouble imagining P/C without Haguenauer.

Haguenauer made P/C. He did whatever it took to take them to the top, which happened to include moving to Montreal.
I cannot imagine for one minute P/C would leave Haguenauer, they are not going to turn their back on the person who is responsible for their success.

oat

On the Ice
I disagree with you alain
P/C didn't hear Didier when he wanted them to go in Paris. They left Lyon to go in Montreal with Romain.
Zazoui when she was with P/C must pay herself the travel to the Grand Prix because Didier (french federation) didn't want to support her.
They were tired by their battle. So we can say that they don't like Didier because this guy doesn't do the good things for french skating but only for him and his ego.
He didn't see the talent of P/C since he didn't choose P/C to go at Sotchi.
So, we can say didier can make pressure on them but they will not follow Didier if they are confortable in Montreal.

Moreover, this picture doesn't mean anything. It's just they must quickly find a place for the picture. I saw them where I am and it was funny, the ambiance was cool.

Last edited:

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Do you mean the fact that Romain doesn't have his arm around Gabi?

No, the fact MDF hugs P/C. Some people have been saying she might favor V/M because they go way back and they're Canadians. But she actually goes way back with Romain too if I'm not mistaken. I don't buy those type of rumors.

Mattieu

Medalist
No, the fact MDF hugs P/C. Some people have been saying she might favor V/M because they go way back and they're Canadians. But she actually goes way back with Romain too if I'm not mistaken. I don't buy those type of rumors.

Yes, Marie and Patch go way back with Romain! It was them that suggested to Romain to come to Montreal I believe!

maddiesparks

Rinkside
I should preface this by saying I like both VM and PC... so I don't get all this drama just because PC got beaten by VM at GPF? Tessa and Scott never won a GPF until now, yet were able to win Olympic Gold and Silver and 2 World titles in the meantime. And remember, similarly to now, they had the same coach as their biggest rivals throughout it all. I don't see why something so drastic as a coaching change so close to an Olympic season would be necessary. Moreover, as an outsider looking in, it doesn't seem to me there is any particular bias towards either couple from MF or PL. I think both got two programs that were tailored to their strengths but perhaps PC are still finding their feet with the SD... (and I'm probably the only one who wished they'd actually done hip hop instead of swing). There is a lot of time between now and Worlds, and I do expect it to be a much closer showdown when March rolls around. It's going to be a lot of fun to watch :)

alain06fr

On the Ice

In fact, you can see that Guillaume took away his medal. He actually took it away as soon as he left the ice to go to the Kiss & Cry.

alain06fr

On the Ice
I disagree with you alain
P/C didn't hear Didier when he wanted them to go in Paris. They left Montreal to go with Romain.
Zazoui when she was with P/C must pay herself the travel to the Grand Prix because Didier (french federation) didn't want to support her.
They were tired by their battle. So we can say that they don't like Didier because this guy doesn't do the good things for french skating but only for him and his ego.
He didn't see the talent of P/C since he didn't choose P/C to go at Sotchi.
So, we can say didier can make pressure on them but they will not follow Didier if they are confortable in Montreal.

Moreover, this picture doesn't mean anything. It's just they must quickly find a place for the picture. I saw them where I am and it was funny, the ambiance was cool.

ahaha... I just wanted to report what people said here and there and share it with you. My personal opinion is that they will prepare the Olympics in Montréal but I guess some "things" may have to be adjusted over there. Just before the FD, I guess you saw Romain telling Gaby & Guillaume (he made a sign with his hand) to skate with their heart and not with their head. It's a fact Guillaume was extremely stressed. Guillaume's life is all about competition hence I don't think his stress was related to be in competition with V/M. In any case, it's up to the coaches to analyse and fix the issue. When Guillaume dances with his heart, he's just phenomenal, this young and great guy is a a sun shining on the ice.

Regarding the sequence when leaving the ice and going to the Kiss & Cry after the victory ceremony, I did not find it funny and that was probably the most annoying moment in this GPF for me. I now just want to forget it. Let's focus on the Europeans!

oat

On the Ice
Funny it's not the right word (my english is not good), but they talk together and smile. Its not the end of the world lol

Spot

On the Ice
ahaha... I just wanted to report what people said here and there and share it with you. My personal opinion is that they will prepare the Olympics in Montréal but I guess some "things" may have to be adjusted over there. Just before the FD, I guess you saw Romain telling Gaby & Guillaume (he made a sign with his hand) to skate with their heart and not with their head. It's a fact Guillaume was extremely stressed. Guillaume's life is all about competition hence I don't think his stress was related to be in competition with V/M. In any case, it's up to the coaches to analyse and fix the issue. When Guillaume dances with his heart, he's just phenomenal, this young and great guy is a a sun shining on the ice.

Regarding the sequence when leaving the ice and going to the Kiss & Cry after the victory ceremony, I did not find it funny and that was probably the most annoying moment in this GPF for me. I now just want to forget it. Let's focus on the Europeans!

Thank you for the information you're sharing. It's good to have different angles.

Apologies if I missed something already discussed, but what happened after the victory ceremony?

maya1985

On the Ice
I believe that the best is not to answer, it is worse and worse, we have to ignore it and he or she will get tired, with a bit of luck:palmf:
He or she tells imbecilities since Monday;:hopelessness:
But contrary to appearances (this is what he/she replied to one of my post), he/she likes P/C:laugh2: I hesitate between laughing and crying

Manchu10

Match Penalty
I have nothing against P/C but I think V/M are better overall. Maybe it's time for P/C to move back home because Marie-France goal is to get the olympic gold for Canada. So, P/C will be disadvantaged if they stay with her. I am not criticizing them, I am just giving advices.

Last edited:

ragdoll

On the Ice
I have nothing against P/C but I think V/M are better overall. Maybe it's time for P/C to move back home because Marie-France goal is to get the olympic gold for Canada. So, P/C will be disadvantaged if they stay with her. I am not criticizing them, I am just giving advices.

My thoughts exactly. It is probably naive to think that a Canadian coach will be neutral when an Olympic gold is at stake. It is only natural that she wants the Canadians to win the gold. They will probably win anyway given their greater experience and sharpness, being former Olymic gold medalists etc. but it is most likely to the disadvantage of the French to have the same coach and a Canadian one.

Last edited:

olayolay

On the Ice
It'll mostly come down to programs for the Olympic season. If V/M come out with Seasons pt 2, they'll easily lose again. If P/C don't clean up their technical errors, they'll easily lose.

yuna13

On the Ice
This is the first thing the V/M fan asked me at practice. I would prefer Gabriella and guillaume not to train with can coaches but they did with the help of romain good work with them. I think P/C will continue after 2018 ( I hope so) if Marie -f and Patrice advantage tessa and Scott, the French will leave them after olympics and they will lose their best team it is not in their school best interest. They have to think about their school. I wish it will just be about who skate the best that night like in 2010. But we are talking about skating so a lot of things matters like judges panel, starting order, politic weight. France only has one chance we might be a smaller nation in terms of politics but all of our support will be on gaby and guillaume. Canada as Patrick chan and D/R. The only disadvantage I see for the French is that this ( thanks to didier) will be their first Olympic.

Last edited: