Gambill looking forward to 'Team Broadmoor' | Golden Skate

Gambill looking forward to 'Team Broadmoor'

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Note: A few extra tidbits on the news that was released last week.

“I want to be in an environment that includes all of the resources that the Olympic Training Center has to offer,” Gambill said. “I really enjoyed working with Christy [Krall] and Tom [Zakrajsek] this past season. I am excited about the energy at the World Arena Ice Hall and being around all of its coaches. After the Olympics, I was really motivated to take on this new challenge.”

“I’m really excited about Tammy coming to the World Arena!” said Zakrajsek. “We actually have gotten to know each other working on Vincent Zhou and certainly during the Olympic Games and the World Championships when we worked side by side. We kind of felt like we had a lot in common, so we’re really excited to have her coming to the World Arena. Obviously, the long term plan is to make this one of the best training centers in the world. Tammy brings a certain skill set that I think compliments everybody that’s already on staff here.”

Gambill was first approached about a year and half ago by Mitch Moyer from US Figure Skating, followed by the manager of the rink.

More...

Last edited:

SimplyAFan

On the Ice
Interesting that Karen Chen is going with her. Maybe Tom Z can help her with her jumps to clean them up for less UR’s and higher GOE? If nothing else, the altitude will be great for her stamina.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Note: A few extra tidbits on the news that was released last week.

“I want to be in an environment that includes all of the resources that the Olympic Training Center has to offer,” Gambill said. “I really enjoyed working with Christy [Krall] and Tom [Zakrajsek] this past season. I am excited about the energy at the World Arena Ice Hall and being around all of its coaches. After the Olympics, I was really motivated to take on this new challenge.”

“I’m really excited about Tammy coming to the World Arena!” said Zakrajsek. “We actually have gotten to know each other working on Vincent Zhou and certainly during the Olympic Games and the World Championships when we worked side by side. We kind of felt like we had a lot in common, so we’re really excited to have her coming to the World Arena. Obviously, the long term plan is to make this one of the best training centers in the world. Tammy brings a certain skill set that I think compliments everybody that’s already on staff here.”

Gambill was first approached about a year and half ago by Mitch Moyer from US Figure Skating, followed by the manager of the rink.

More...

Sounds like a good plan :biggrin: Promising with all the facilities, expertise and plenty of ice time. Orser and Arutunian need competition. My impression of Christy Krall is of somone who is really good at teaching jumps and a nice person. Happy for Karen and Vincent . Excited to see what the outcome for them and the training center will be. I wonder which skaters will take the chance and go there. Maybe a good place for Jason?

Which top skaters are there already? Isn't Zakrajsek coaching some good men? Is Krall head coach for someone?

Andrea82

Medalist
Which top skaters are there already? Isn't Zakrajsek coaching some good men? Is Krall head coach for someone?

Zakrajsek has Mirai Nagasu and Junior US Champion Camden Pulkinen. He also had Max Aaron but he has retired at the end of the season

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

The World Arena...was :cry: Max's training base.

It is still Joshua's.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sounds like a good plan :biggrin: Promising with all the facilities, expertise and plenty of ice time. Orser and Arutunian need competition. My impression of Christy Krall is of somone who is really good at teaching jumps and a nice person. Happy for Karen and Vincent . Excited to see what the outcome for them and the training center will be. I wonder which skaters will take the chance and go there. Maybe a good place for Jason?

Zakrajsek has Mirai Nagasu and Junior US Champion Camden Pulkinen. He also had Max Aaron but he has retired at the end of the season

Not 100% sure, but Emmanuel Savary seems to have moved to Zakrajsek recently?

Christy Krall and Damon Allen are coaches for Tomoki Hiwatashi.

Andrew Torgashev apparently moved to Colorado Springs not long ago -- presumably to train full-time with Krall?
(Krall already has been on Torgashev's coaching team for at least a couple of years, when he was based in Florida and would make visits to Colorado to work with her.)

(Mentioning some more ladies: Zakrajsek has Paige Rydberg; Krall is one of Angela Wang's coaches [assuming Angela's career continues]; and Krall has Livvy Shilling.)

The World Arena...was :cry: Max's training base.

It is still Joshua's.

:ghug: :sad4: :ghug: :sad4: :ghug: :sad4: :ghug: :sad4: