GP Predictions Rd 4: Trophee Eric Bompard | Page 13 | Golden Skate

GP Predictions Rd 4: Trophee Eric Bompard

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
is this forum equipped with a "survey" option… ? then, we (the players who have submitted predictions) can simply vote on if yes or no we keep the scores… seems simple enough

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
We don't have a survey option, but what I can do is provide a referendum for the organizers though the thumbs up feature.

So contestants, if you want us to calculate the predictions based on the SP results and count them toward the overall score, please give a thumbs up to this post.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
We don't have a survey option, but what I can do is provide a referendum for the organizers though the thumbs up feature.

So contestants, if you want us to calculate the predictions based on the SP results and count them toward the overall score, please give a thumbs up to this post.

Awesome :) and can we say that Contestants who do not want TEB to be counted towards the overall score give a thumbs up to this post?

that way we will see which option is more popular :)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
how about we wait until ISU decides? cause lets say ppl wanted SP scores to be added but ISU finds another way to determine rankings for TEB?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can I vote if I'm not participating in the predictions game? :p

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
how about we wait until ISU decides? cause lets say ppl wanted SP scores to be added but ISU finds another way to determine rankings for TEB?

We'll keep the vote open for a while. People are welcome to change their minds too.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
So, I can change my prediction and put the results of the SP as my valid predictions?

No, if you change your predictions after the deadline you don't get scored, so it's 0 points automatically.

I think Mrs.P meant that people have time to think for a while if they want TEB results to be counted towards the overall score or not, and then 'vote' for one of two posts above. Anyway, until we have the official decision from ISU there will be no actions from us.

Edit: oops, late as usual lol

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Ok, sorry, I did not understand your post :) thank you for the explanation! It was just to know because I vote for not count TEB results

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know we're still wrapping up and debating what to do here, but I hope the predictions thread for Rostelecom goes up soon? Let's keep our fingers crossed that nothing will disrupt the comp!

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I vote for following what ISU decides to do with TEB. If they use SP scores for placements, we should use SP scores etc. I still think the results should count for our game since they are gonna count for the GPF!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i agree that we follow whatever ISU decides, its not like when we make our predictions it will go as we want, there is no sure thing, ice is slippery, anything can happen, TEB situation is still extreme but still

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just wanted to pitch in, I already voted, but I really don't care what the ISU does. Won't change my opinion of what is right or wrong, and I think it's wrong to count these scores.:cool:

But if that is to be a separate option, maybe it should be listed as such?

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
OK
Those who want Liza, Chan, T/M to be added to the GPF give a thumbs up to this post. :biggrin::cool:

Last edited:

eta

Medalist
Okay so I voted for "calculate the predictions based on the SP results and count them toward the overall score" since that's what I hear the ISU will probably do. Even though I'll get really few points lol.

I've been lurking to see if the ISU decision will be announced today...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
OK
Those who want Liza, Chan, T/M to be added to the GPF give a thumbs up to this post. :biggrin::cool:

Not sure about Tarasova/Morozov because their mistakes at SP was costly so their placement is almost near the bottom, 7th out of the 8 teams. It is not even close to Max Aaron's position, 7th of 11 skaters. Even if T/M made a clean performance in the SP and finished their FS, they were likely to be placed at 3rd at best given their competitors' personal bests and career as many predicted before the competition began. So then they would've needed to wait until NHK is over, and then they'd hoped their tie-breakers' scores are lower than them. However, they made many mistakes, so I couldn't imagine they will make themselves in the podium unless their competitors are completely bombed.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Not sure about T/M because their mistakes at SP was costly so their placement is almost near the bottom, 7th out of the 8 teams. It is not even like Max's 7th placement of the 11 skaters. Even if T/M made a clean performance in the SP and finished their FS, they were likely to be placed at 3rd place at best given their competitors' personal bests and career as many predicted. So then they would've needed to wait until NHK is over, and then they'd hoped their tie-breakers' scores are lower than them.

I disagree with this totally. You do realize there was only like 2 points difference between them and second place, right? T/M's best LP score is 130.75 They had higher scoring potential of anyone in front of them other than V/T and P/Z, and P/Z often make costly SBS jumping errors. They almost certainly would have gotten up to third, but there was a real chance of their getting up to 2nd.