Grand Prix Assignments 2021-22 Announced | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Assignments 2021-22 Announced

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
The assignments are finally here!

Men: https://www.isu.org/docman-document...ies-files-40/entries-6/25938-entries-men/file
Ladies: https://www.isu.org/docman-document...-files-40/entries-6/25937-entries-ladies/file
Pairs: https://www.isu.org/docman-document...s-files-40/entries-6/25939-entries-pairs/file
Ice Dance: https://www.isu.org/docman-document...s-files-40/entries-6/25940-entries-dance/file

ETA: Full Lists Below

Men
Skate America: Chen, Sato, Uno, Grassl, Aymoz, Saio Him Fa, Nguyen, Brezina, Danielian, Samsonov, Zhou, TBA (USA)

Skate Canada: Chen, Brown, Messing, Sadovsky, Kvitelashvili, Tanaka, Yamamoto, Ignatov, Samarin, Semenenko, Hiwatashi, TBA (CAN)

Cup of China: Kagiyama, Kolyada, Tomono, Yudong Chen, Jin, Yan, Fentz, Grassl, Vasiljevs, Cha, Aliev, Gumennik

NHK: Hanyu, Uno, Nguyen, Rizzo, Cha, Ignatov, Samarin, Samsonov, Hiwatashi, Pulkinen, Zhou, TBA (JPN)

IdF: Kagiyama, Sato, Brown, Messing, Aymoz, Saio Him Fa, Frangipani, Vasiljevs, Aliev, Danielian, Mozalev, TBA (FRA)

Rostelecom: Hanyu, Kolyada, Sadovsky, Brezina, Kvitelashvili, Rizzo, Tanaka, Tomono, Semenenko, Naumov, Pulkinen, TBA (RUS)

Ladies
Skate America: Trusova, Usacheva, You, Tennell, Miyahara, Sakamoto, Yokoi, Kurakova, Kim, Sinitsyna, Glenn, TBA (USA)

Skate Canada: Valieva, Tuktamysheva, Kostornaia, Liu, Kihira, Higuchi, Bausback, Schizas, Schumacher, Lee, Paganini, Karen Chen

Cup of China: Shcherbakova, Khromykh, Samodurova, Tennell, Miyahara, Mihara, Kim, Lim, Hendrickx, Hongyi Chen, Lin, Zhu

NHK: Kihira, Sakamoto, Trusova, Usacheva, Lui, Mikutina, Schott, Lim, Wi, You, Glenn, TBA (JPN)

IdF: Kostornaia, Shcherbakova, Higuchi, Lee, Ryabova, Mazzara, Meite, Serna, Andrews, Sinitsyna, Bell, Karen Chen

Rostelecom: Valieva, Tuktamysheva, Mikutina, Ryabova, Hendrickx, Schizas, Kiibus, Matsuike, Tursynbaeva, Kurakova, Bell, TBA (RUS)

Pairs
Skate America: Boikova/Kozlovskii, Tarasova/Morozov, Knierim/Frazier, Walsh/Michaud, Miura/Kihara, Pepeleva/Pleshkov, Liu/O'Shea, TBA (USA)

Skate Canada: Sui/Han, Moore-Towers/Marinaro, Pavliuchenko/Khodykin, Cain-Gribble/LeDuc, James/Radford, Matte/Ferland, Hase/Seegert, Jones/Boyadji,

Cup of China: Sui/Han, Peng/Jin, Della Monica/Guarise, Hocke/Kunkel, Ghilardi/Ambrosini, Artemeva/Nazarychev, Pepeleva/Pleshkov

NHK: Mishina/Galliamov, Tarasova/Morozov, Ziegler/Kiefer, Walsh/Michaud, Hase/Seegert, Miura/Kihara, Cain-Gribble/LeDuc, Lu/Mitrofanov

IdF: Peng/Jin, Boikova/Kozlovskii, Knierim/Frazier James/Radford, Artemeva/Nazarychev, Wang/Huang, Hamon/Strekalin, TBA (FRA)

Rostelecom: Mishina/Galliamov, Moore-Towers/Marinaro, Pavliuchenko/Khodykin, Della Monica/Guarise, Ziegler/Kiefer, Hocke/Kunkel, Lu/Mitrofanov, TBA (RUS)

Ice Dance
Skate America: Hubbell/Donohue, Chock/Bates, Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen, Soucisse/Firus, Komatsubara/Koleto, Kalisek/Spodyriev, Morozov/Bagin, Zagorski/Guerreiro, Smart/Diaz, TBA (USA)

Skate Canada: Gilles/Poirier, Guignard/Fabbri, Lajoie/Lagha, Sales/Wamsteeker, Fear/Gibson, Davis/Smolkin, Shanaeva/Naryzhnyy, Smart/Diaz, Carreira/Ponomarenko, Green/Parsons

Cup of China: Papadakis/Cizeron, Hubbell/Donohue, Stepanova/Bukin, Soucisse/Firus, Chen/Sun, Wang/Lui, Lopareva/Brissaud, Mueller/Dieck, Green/Parsons, TBA (CHN)

NHK: Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Chock/Bates, Hawayek/Baker Lajoie/Lagha, Wang/Lui, Fear/Gibson, Muramoto/Takahashi, Hurtado/Khaliavin, Nazarova/Nikitin, TBA (JPN)

IdF: Papadakis/Cizeron, Gilles/Poirier, Stepanova/Bukin, Galyavieva/Thauron, Janse Van Rensburg/Steffan, Reed/Ambulevicius, Morozov/Bagin, Zagorski/Guerreiro, Carreira/Ponomarenko, TBA (FRA)

Rostelecom: Sinitsina/Katsalpov, Guignard/Fabbri, Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen, Galyavieva/Thauron, Kazakova/Reviya, Kaliszek/Spodyriev, Skoptcova/Aleshin, Hurtado/Khaliavin, Hawayek/Baker

Last edited:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
interesting that Sinistaya got 2 GP assignments but Nugumanova didn't get any and she's on the national team (reserve).
That was to be expected.
National team tag - only about money, not assignments. Ksenia has an international SB and rating, Liza N. doesn‘t, she last was on international competition probably during her jgp days.
Besides, Ksenia trying 4Ts last season probably put her as higher priority on Rusfed‘s list.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Russia has 16 slots in Ladies. Is it an allowed maximum or they decided not to send some participants?

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
The most of my favourite skaters are going to Rostelecom
:cheer:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am hoping some kind soul is able to write out the men, but... (ETA2: and now they're there, :bow: @GoneWithTheWind)

Nathan, Jason and Tomoki at Skate Canada. What a lineup:clap:. (ETA: for the Americans. And Keegan and Romsky too)

I'm shocked that Nathan is doing two in a row, I don't know why:scratch2:

And to no one's surprise, Yuzu gets NHK.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Russia has 16 slots in Ladies. Is it an allowed maximum or they decided not to send some participants?
They have 17, counting the TBD at Rostelecom.

A nation is allowed a maximum of 3 entrants per event. Russia hit that everywhere but at NHK, where they have only two. I'm not sure what happened there, to be honest, I would have thought they'd have had other skaters who qualified.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am hoping some kind soul is able to write out the men, but...

Nathan, Jason and Tomoki at Skate Canada. What a lineup:clap:. (ETA: for the Americans. And Keegan and Romsky too)

I'm shocked that Nathan is doing two in a row, I don't know why:scratch2:

And to no one's surprise, Yuzu gets NHK.:biggrin:
nathan 2 in a row : probably for school reasons...

Also, very convenient that both NA GP are "west"

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I must admit I was hoping Nathan and Jason would be separate, to give Jason an easier pathway to the final 😅
I hear you:) I'm less concerned about the GP final, TBH, Jason has been there, done that, than that Jason skates those wonderful programs the way he can.

And also Nathan and Jason at the same GP has not turned out too badly for Jason (yes I'm looking at you, 2019 IdF;))

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
nathan 2 in a row : probably for school reasons...

Also, very convenient that both NA GP are "west"

Didn't see this until I posted. I thought Nathan was taking a sabbatical this year, but "staying west" certainly makes sense.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
I think Bradie did two in a row before the plague and it worked out fine for her. Someone told me the flights were better so it made up for the two in a row issue.