7. Sara Hurtado / Kirill Khaliavin
  8. Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier
  9. Lorraine McNamara / Quinn Carpenter

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I am so pleased for Kaori! :hap10: And huge congrats to Sofia! And Mai being 1st alternative is awesome as well :) Also it will be great to see Junliette again :biggrin:

viennaskater

Medalist
It's quite sick-making that Russia has three ice dance couples in the Final. The only ones who should be there are Stepanova and Bukin. The others are stuck in the last century. I don't understand it when we've had couples like Virtue/Moir, Davis/White being Olympic and world champions and for some reason these dated Russian programmes with dated Russian skating gets more marks. It's an absolute scandal that Gilles/Poirier are not in the final.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It's quite sick-making that Russia has three ice dance couples in the Final. The only ones who should be there are Stepanova and Bukin. The others are stuck in the last century. I don't understand it when we've had couples like Virtue/Moir, Davis/White being Olympic and world champions and for some reason these dated Russian programmes with dated Russian skating gets more marks. It's an absolute scandal that Gilles/Poirier are not in the final.

Make banners and boards and go to the streets. That is probably the only thing you can do about it, but there will be still three russian ice dance couples in the GP final. After all, if S/K and Z/G skating really is "from the last century", what does that tell us about those who were fairly beaten by them? That they remember queen Victoria?

viennaskater

Medalist
Make banners and boards and go to the streets. That is probably the only thing you can do about it, but there will be still three russian ice dance couples in the GP final. After all, if S/K and Z/G skating really is "from the last century", what does that tell us about those who were fairly beaten by them? That they remember queen Victoria?

Their skating looks dated and sometimes laboured compared to most of the other teams. Also, they don't seem capable of coming up with more innovative music choices.

Eisfee

On the Ice

:laugh:

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
[emoji50][emoji23]

Roo87

Medalist

I'm speaking as a huge G/P fan, it was no way a "scandal" that they didn't make the final. They made a huge mistake at Skate Canada, and they're paying the price. Yes, they have very difficult placements, and others were gifted podiums for easy fields, but you can't make big mistakes in ice dance. This isn't the mens where you can fall on 2 quads and still won gold. They'll learn from their mistakes, and come back stronger for nationals and worlds.

s_parks

Record Breaker
So Stepanova's stiff knees deserve a place in the finals and the others don't? Get over it, all the Russian teams have weaknesses.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
So Stepanova's stiff knees deserve a place in the finals and the others don't? Get over it, all the Russian teams have weaknesses.

Stepanova's (not only) knees are the quality per se, from my perspective. :love:

Kittosuni

Medalist

Not sure what is so scandalous about G/P not making the finals when they are making mistakes. They are pushed as Canada's number 1 so should get the PCS boost if they skate clean. Problem is even if they do skate clean, they seem to have issues with hitting the levels which is not new to them. That is something that they really have to work on. Good news for them having good GOE can now somehow compensate the low levels but mistakes are also more costly now

i feel like for the teams who are in the bubble, Sinitsina/Katsalapov are the team that is able to use the new GOE scoring to their advantage. They are doing elements that they are really good at and just milking it. I expect teams next year to recylce elements that they are getting good GOE now.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Not sure what is so scandalous about G/P not making the finals when they are making mistakes. They are pushed as Canada's number 1 so should get the PCS boost if they skate clean. Problem is even if they do skate clean, they seem to have issues with hitting the levels which is not new to them. That is something that they really have to work on. Good news for them having good GOE can now somehow compensate the low levels but mistakes are also more costly now

i feel like for the teams who are in the bubble, Sinitsina/Katsalapov are the team that is able to use the new GOE scoring to their advantage. They are doing elements that they are really good at and just milking it. I expect teams next year to recylce elements that they are getting good GOE now.

I think it's fair to say that G/P got unlucky in terms of the final. Even with the mistakes, they outscored both Zagorski/Guerreiro and Hawayek/Baker with both scores, and have a higher total score across the two events (375.71 compared to 366.10 for H/B and 364.43 for Z/G). But that's not scandalous, it's just unlucky. The events ended up being uneven. It happens. And it sucks for them, since scores so far this season indicate that they are more competitive with the other top teams (P/C aside) than two of the teams who made the final are. But again, it's not a scandal.