Hanyu's quad lutz prospects | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Hanyu's quad lutz prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
You said if he lands it. And it's a big if. I don't see how someone who loves Hanyu as much as you could wish for him to
with risk of bad injury
Beware of the possibility of your own head exploding and your heart breaking.

:palmf: :palmf: :palmf:

Ah all this almost make me wish

Don't worry, I'm very well aware of what could possibly explode. Skating gods be willing, they've seen all throughout the past oh ... 4 to 6 years at least. Written and implied. We'll see what ends up exploding in the end.

nekun

On the Ice
I thought we are agree, we don't talk about 4A let alone the succes of said jump 😑

and for Mr.Orser please stop mention 4A here and there for the sake of everyone sanity,lol 😂

rabbit1234

On the Ice
Hanyu challenges quadlutz in Japan and shows himself what the probability is like.
In addition, Hanyu himself explained the situation of quadlutz himself, and at the time of the Four Continents Championships, he said that it is not practical at that time to put quadlutz into the game.
Regarding the situation such as 4A, Hanyu explains himself on a television in Japan etc.
Even during the autumn classic, Hanyu expressed "dekinakuwanai", which in Japanese is not a representation of the nuance jumping with confidence with a high probability.

If Hanyu is jumping with a high probability such as 60% from one year ago as he says, is not it good to put it not only in FP but also in SP?
Like Nathan and BoYang.
Then BV will go up.
If Hanyu is jumping with a high probability, he should do that.

My source is Hanyu's remarks and the actual situation of quadlutz try.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I don't think Hanyu really needs a 4Lz. His main problem of late has really been popping quads into a single. His quad jumps are either the most beautiful quad you've ever seen or a failure to launch.

If Hanyu can rotate the 4Lz fully, then yes, I can see the point on a purely numerical standpoint even if he falls. But I would be more concerned about him popping the 4S.

chillgil

Match Penalty
Hanyu challenges quadlutz in Japan and shows himself what the probability is like.
In addition, Hanyu himself explained the situation of quadlutz himself, and at the time of the Four Continents Championships, he said that it is not practical at that time to put quadlutz into the game.
Regarding the situation such as 4A, Hanyu explains himself on a television in Japan etc.
Even during the autumn classic, Hanyu expressed "dekinakuwanai", which in Japanese is not a representation of the nuance jumping with confidence with a high probability.

If Hanyu is jumping with a high probability such as 60% from one year ago as he says, is not it good to put it not only in FP but also in SP?
Like Nathan and BoYang.
Then BV will go up.
If Hanyu is jumping with a high probability, he should do that.

My source is Hanyu's remarks and the actual situation of quadlutz try.

You're acting like practice doesnt exist...you ever think that maaaybe last season he knew he couldnt land the lutz amidst difficult steps, as is his MO, also he was introducing a totally new jump-4lo. Theres this thing called the "off season" where athletes usually train really hard on different aspects and orser and hanyu have both said theyve been training the 4lz (and 4A LOL!) so with enough practice he now feels like its good enough to put in programs...anyway i dont see how you can make any judgements without ANY relevant and recent proof im still waiting to see how it turns out for him-my nails are going to be nonexistent by CoR

Also he is training the SP with the lutz he is still deciding to use either loop or lutz so....until probably GPF or maybe NHK depending on how russia goes we wont know the true final layout of the short program...in my opinion

rabbit1234

On the Ice
https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2017/10/18/0010655499.shtml

quadlutz is a high-level technique that hanyu talked about during Autumn Classic in September "It is impossible". Japan's ace, aiming for the fifth consecutive Grand Prix final, challenged quadlutz five times and there was no success. The quadloop which he avoided in autumn classic by his right knee pain was never neatly determined.

4Lz(<?) GOEminus
1Lz
1Lz
1Lz
4Lz(<?) FALL

Nicky_10

Rinkside
https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2017/10/18/0010655499.shtml

quadlutz is a high-level technique that hanyu talked about during Autumn Classic in September "It is impossible". Japan's ace, aiming for the fifth consecutive Grand Prix final, challenged quadlutz five times and there was no success. The quadloop which he avoided in autumn classic by his right knee pain was never neatly determined.

4Lz(<?) GOEminus
1Lz
1Lz
1Lz
4Lz(<?) FALL

Small correction to the bold part.
He said "It's not like I cannot do it." which is telling that he thinks he can do it, so not impossible. But I guess google translated that part bad?

emipeters

Rinkside
Let's all spare a moment of pity for the poor lonely creatures who are so consumed by angry hate that they create accounts for the sole purpose of systematically bashing one skater. Their lives must be rather devoid of love and joyful human contact.

rabbit1234

On the Ice
Sports can not be talked without considering the probability of implementation.
If the probability is bad, it is highly likely that the jump will not be included in the layout of the Olympic performance.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Practice is Practice and Competition is Competition. If Yuzuru wants to include his Lutz in the Olympic program he has to start to jump it in competition now. I think it's a challenging layout, but he's certainly able to do it. Even if he pops the Lutz it's worth it, to slowly get used to it. I hope he paces himself well and gives his best performance when it really counts, and that is probably not right now at Rostelecom.

Status
Not open for further replies.