Hanyu's quad lutz prospects | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Hanyu's quad lutz prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

yude

Record Breaker
It is unfair to talk about ignoring the probability, assuming that it will succeed, no one can beat him. Many people ignore the probability, accumulate if, thereby lowering or lowering other competitors. Also, a lot of his fans etc. advertise the probability of his quadlutz high in order to see other competitors low, and advertising that 4A which no one has confirmed can also be made with a high probability There.

Where are they? :scratch2:

I accepted what Hanyu did in the practice which you kindly posted a few pages back, and I don't think Hanyu is unbeatable because he had actually lost to other competitors before. More than anything, you never know what will happen on the ice.

While I wish him all the best, I personally keep my expectation low in this competition because he'll be trying new things as some other skaters will. But I am just so happy to see his beautiful 4Lz as a fan and I hope there is nothing wrong with that.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
--Congratulations Yuzu for joining the 4lz club. The odds were against you but you landed it just to show us you could. :biggrin: I hope we can see a +GOE quad in the future. But more than that, I hope you remember your health and conditioning. I'm such a worrier.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
So happy he landed that 4Lz in LP - he had so much pressure to land it with all the hype it had. May he land it even better in future comps :cheer:

And now that he announced he wants to go for the 4A after PC, I'm waiting for statistics on how bad/inconsistent his 3A is :laugh:

rabbit1234

On the Ice
https://twitter.com/gototaisuke/status/922061418282721283

The account of this Twitter is an account of a reporter of the Asahi Newspaper, and tweeted the result of coverage to Hanyu.

Questions to Hanyu and answers of Hanyu

Q Have you succeeded Quad Axel with practice?

Hanyu No. I have not succeeded.

Q Have you tried Quad Axel?

Hanyu Since the burden on the ankle is still a big jump, it may not be in the stage of practicing

Including the Quad lutzs' probability point, rumors different from facts were flowing.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
http://shiki-k.tumblr.com/post/166637020809/blckbetty-yuzuru-hanyus-4lz-at-2017-rostelecom
Here's a gif for posterity. Great height and rotation, a tiny bit late in checking out leading to the bent knee. But no over turn or foot down, so it can be counted as clean. I'd give it 0 GOE.

I find it strange to give GOE to a jump in isolation... remember how GOE works? bullets.... was there connection steps? a difficult entrance? etc...

Yuzu's quad lutz : in practice : simply superb. I was very impressed with it.

In the LP : so many people complain that Shoma lands with a low knee bent on a curve and should get deductions etc.. well... isn't that what Yuzu just did? Very low landing, bent the knee. curved out the free leg to avoid touching the ice... same thing happened on another jump later on in the program....

I am worried for his knee if stopping the rotation on the ice requires such strength and control that it compromises a soft landing. I think that Yuzuru can win, and has shown that, without quad lutz and even without quad loop.. (hello NHK 2015).... and to me, his programs would have more value skated clean with nice landings.

This being said, I know that competition and practice are completely different. I was at ACI where I saw Yuzuru landing all sorts of things in the practice but then, struggling in the LP.... same here...

So perhaps, it's too soon for him to pursue these big jumps? Perhaps his knee and/or his focus aren't there yet to achieve clean landings?

I don't know... we will have to wait but these landings are scary to me.. not exciting... and unless you want to credit those exits as "creative exits" and give them bullets... the GOE should be negative.

YMMV

HanDomi

Record Breaker
this low knee landing on quad lutz had more flow than many clean quads landing from other skaters who just stops in place after landing

Roast Toast

Medalist
Everyone knows he could win the OGM with the same jump content as in the 2015/2016 season. But I don't think Yuzuru would be Yuzuru if he didn't set himself this kind of challenge. What works for Javi doesn't necessarily motivate Yuzuru. Personally I think that what we have seen of the quad lutz is very promising. The rotation seems much less questionable compared to his quad loop's often rather iffy one.

rabbit1234

On the Ice
In the practice of this competition, the probability of quad lutz was very low.
Hanyu also says that he can stop quad lutz at any time.
It is a very risky jump for him.
I think that the problem of the right knee in autumn classic also relates to icing to endure at his quad lutz's right knee.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
In the practice of this competition, the probability of quad lutz was very low.

It was the first time he tried it in open practices, and if you'd care to take the smallest look, you'd see how much pressure that already means for him, given the huge amount of fans there for him & the media presense.

That said, I didn't think the 'probability rate' was that low, and most importantly he got better with every day.

Also 4everchan, his knee looked fine here and he didn't take that many landings like in the LP that would look troublesome. So you can rest easy there hon.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Everyone knows he could win the OGM with the same jump content as in the 2015/2016 season. But I don't think Yuzuru would be Yuzuru if he didn't set himself this kind of challenge. What works for Javi doesn't necessarily motivate Yuzuru. Personally I think that what we have seen of the quad lutz is very promising. The rotation seems much less questionable compared to his quad loop's often rather iffy one.

Agreed. Brian himself said that Yuzu needs to challenge himself every year, and that he's still young enough that when he sees others landing a jump he doesn't have he immediately wants to try too, because he's competitive and ambitious. Kudos to him for continuing to improve even though he could probably win without a 4Lz if clean

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Since Yuzuru Hanyu has successfully landed the 4Lz and we have all had time to comment on the prospects, probability, and in the end competitive performance of said jump, the thread will now be closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.