Help about what blades would fit Jackson Elite 4200 | Golden Skate

Help about what blades would fit Jackson Elite 4200

KimYuna

Rinkside
I've been skating for more than a year and currently learning lutz. My coach's friend works for Jackson and he told me to buy Jackson Elite 4200 (I have Jackson Elle with Mirage Blade right now and a lot of tape everytime I skate!) but I don't know what blades would match my skates and my level. Please I need your help I don't know a lot about blades. I was actually looking at Coronation Ace, Coronation Comet, and Ultima Legacy. Thank you!

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm also at the Lutz and I wear Elite 4200s as well, but I am a fully grown adult at 5'8" and quite heavy. I need that level of stiffness and support. Dependent on your height, weight and age, you may not require that level of stiffness yet, though I can say they are a very good boot (and heat-moldable).

I also have Coronation Aces, which I've never had a problem with. They're a good quality blade recommended for doubles, I believe, but I learned everything from a waltz jump up in them and it wasn't an issue. They're also quite affordable (I buy them straight from England, where they're made, and have them shipped here, it's cheaper for me), and they have a good sharpening life.

Horseandpony

Rinkside
Hi! Please take my opinion with a grain of salt; I'm not very experienced with skating in general.

I would get a second opinion. Going from the Jackson Elle (a more beginner level skate) to elite 4200s is a large jump. I don't know what your skating and body are like, but I think they may be too stiff for you.

It is normal for skates to break down. The amount of time between pairs can vary from 10 months to years. A year is not extremely quick but you will definitely need to get more supportive skates. You don't want skates that are too stiff because you will really struggle with them.

Get a second opinion from a pro shop or someone you trust. The guy you spoke to works for Jackson, which is a little fishy. If they work for you, then great!

You could probably consider Jackson premieres or maybe even competitors, depending on your skating and body type.

Good luck!

Edit:
Sorry I'm not very good with blades. Something along the level of a Coronation Ace as Karne suggested would be good. Ultima and MK will also have blades for around that level.

Last edited:

Loops

Rinkside
Like everyone else has said, it's hard to talk about boots without knowing your size and skating style. A 60lb 9 year old working on doubles is a very different skater from a 130lb adult just starting out. Boot stiffness requirements are a function of weight, jumping level, and knee bend (= how hard you are on your boots).

You can put any blade on any boot, so there's no "matching" on that front. You choose the blade according to your level and what features you want.

I think the MK Prof, JW CorAce or the Ultima Legacy or Protegé are all good blades and appropriate for your level. The advantage with either of the two ultima's are that they're 8' rockers like your Mark IV's, so on that level they'll be less of a transition. The spin rocker (aka sweetspot) should be different though so do expect them to feel different (the major difference between the leg and prot are that one has cross-cut picks while the other has straight). The Pro and CorAce are both 7' rockers and will feel overall less stable, but turn easier. There are advantages and disadvatages to both rocker lengths, and either is appropriate for you. Your coach may have some preferences, so consult with him/her, and there is likely a cost differential to take into account. You won't go wrong with any of those four blades though.

Last edited:

KimYuna

Rinkside
I'm turning 15 in about a week. 5"1 and 105 lbs. I skate three times a week for 2-3 hours each. I only wore my Elles for 6 months and now it's breaking down. The coaches told me that my boots are totally done.

KimYuna

Rinkside
If I get the premieres it looks like it's almost the same as the elites. The stiffness rating is not much different. Well that guy has a position in the Jackson company in canada but I don't know him that well he's a friend of my coach lol anyway I'm on the way to a pro shop right now so yey thanks