Hersh's article on Weir and Asada | Golden Skate

Hersh's article on Weir and Asada

yunaddiction

Rinkside
Hersh is harsh.
I suppose he was little bit displeased by Mao's comment on "80%" or something :laugh:

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I really enjoyed this latest article by Philip Hersh! :thumbsup:

It had everything, and I pretty much agreed with everything he said with regards to both Mao & Johnny. I too absolutely enjoy watching Johnny's reality series (whenever I see it on I watch it again, no matter the reruns). :) I love to see what goes on behind the scenes in the making of a great athlete & artist, especially all the hard work & hours they put into their craft, not just the skater, but also the coach(es), costume designer, blade sharpener, mother, friends, et al. Fascinating, totally fascinating & absorbing. It makes me respect the skaters even more than I already did.

Regards Mao, yes I agree that the SP is her nemesis, she's 0-3 as it stands now. But Mao is Mao and she usually gets better as the season progresses. :love:

My condolences on the passing of Mr. Erich Segal. I too recall his memorable commentary during the 1972 Olympics, especially as it pertained to Steve Prefontaine (he predicted he would win in 1976, not 1972, as in his words he's going up against the big boys now).