Hotels in Montreal for Worlds | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Hotels in Montreal for Worlds

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
I am still debating whether I shall go (still had some merchandise from the cancelled Montreal Worlds in my closet). The hotel cost went up quite a lot (and I was charged $30 per night for downtown hotel parking last month), but it would be a bit of a hassle if I commute from my friends' place. :unsure:
Is the official hotel for the event still Sheraton?

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am still debating whether I shall go (still had some merchandise from the cancelled Montreal Worlds in my closet). The hotel cost went up quite a lot (and I was charged nearly $30 per night for downtown hotel parking last month), but it would be a bit of a hassle if I commute from my friends' place. :unsure:
Is the official hotel for the event still Sheraton?
Yes:

amicofritz

Rinkside
I have a pair of excellent all-event tickets (including practices, Gala), purchased last June but it turns out I won‘t be able to use them. Section 116, seats R10 and R11. Paid $800 (US). Can anyone use? Let know!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
@lariko is the Montreal curse for you and your mom finally over and done with ? would you consider a repeat with nationals being in the greater Montreal region next year ?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
@lariko is the Montreal curse for you and your mom finally over and done with ? would you consider a repeat with nationals being in the greater Montreal region next year ?
We're not planning on the Nationals again, but this WC really delivered for the Lynx fiasco to be a blip. Malinin really made it all so, so, so worth it and the arena crowd was really nice to all the skaters, even the ones nobody but me cares about :) To get a 2020 redemption, Russians have to be back in, so I am waiting on that.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
We're not planning on the Nationals again, but this WC really delivered for the Lynx fiasco to be a blip. Malinin really made it all so, so, so worth it and the arena crowd was really nice to all the skaters, even the ones nobody but me cares about :) To get a 2020 redemption, Russians have to be back in, so I am waiting on that.
Well, there were quite a few Russians in pairs ;) Maybe it's just me, but I completely forgot they were not there. I am fine with the skaters who are participating at this point. Maybe seeing Urmanov, Klimov and Eteri quite a lot gave me the impression that Russians were there anyway.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well, there were quite a few Russians in pairs ;) Maybe it's just me, but I completely forgot they were not there. I am fine with the skaters who are participating at this point. Maybe seeing Urmanov, Klimov and Eteri quite a lot gave me the impression that Russians were there anyway.
I missed them, because every good show needs great antagonists, and there is the vibe they bring that nobody else can. Women were a wash without them, particularly after the judges dropped Yoshida like she'd cussed their families and spat in their coffee or something. Pairs could have used Russians as much as I adore the Hungarians and the Germans. And, Team Russian Men is a splinter in my heart to this day after Samarin, Aliev, Kolyada, Kondratyuk and Semenenko eaned those three spots with blood, sweat, tears and creative judging...

Plus, most of all I want Russian judges back. Someone has to be on the side of the big jumpers!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I missed them, because every good show needs great antagonists, and there is the vibe they bring that nobody else can. Women were a wash without them, particularly after the judges dropped Yoshida like she'd cussed their families and spat in their coffee or something. Pairs could have used Russians as much as I adore the Hungarians and the Germans. And, Team Russian Men is a splinter in my heart to this day after Samarin, Aliev, Kolyada, Kondratyuk and Semenenko eaned those three spots with blood, sweat, tears and creative judging...

Plus, most of all I want Russian judges back. Someone has to be on the side of the big jumpers!
I still see rivalries without the Russians. Men Japanese versus Ilia. Big jumpers versus Brown and Deniss.
Women : Japanese versus Koreans.
Pairs : Italians versus Germans is a very good one. Marcotte siblings rivalry (Canadians versus Japanese) Americans competing for national pecking order.
Dance : IAM versus the world.

I will give you that : I would have been very pleased to see Aliev and/or Kolyada. I don't care much about the others... except for Makar Ignatov. But you know, I am used not seeing them anymore and considering a bunch of factors at this point, I don't think they will be back anytime soon.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I know all that, and I watch them, and I miss them as well as the next gen Russians, plus the antagonist factor and the judges! I want the Russians back!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I know all that, and I watch them, and I miss them as well as the next gen Russians, plus the antagonist factor and the judges! I want the Russians back!
I think that's because I stopped watching domestic Russian events. So I am not aware at all about the new generation of skaters. I figured that by the time they'd get back, the next-next generation would already be there.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think that's because I stopped watching domestic Russian events. So I am not aware at all about the new generation of skaters. I figured that by the time they'd get back, the next-next generation would already be there.
Probably, but some old guard still skates, and the trio of Frolova, Sinitzina and Murav'yeva is just frigging amazing, I really wish I could see them vs Sakamoto and Levito live. There is no substitute for on the same ice, on the same day.

Anyway, if Montreal could deliver that, it would be my favorite city in the world!