How deep can an edge be? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

How deep can an edge be?

morninglight

On the Ice
When I saw the title of this topic I thought of Jeffery Buttle, Brian Boitano, Yuka Sato, John Curry and Shizuka Arakawa.

Having seen Mao Asada's performance at Chukyou University rink opening ceremony I must add her as well. She added to her performance a few beautiful tricks, including beautiful outside spreadeagle, tracing a full circle, then moving into sort of a kneeling position with free leg straight, switching from inside to outside edge and right into Biellman spin.

I also liked the spread eagle to trace the circle and the entrance to the last spin:) She also seems to improve the connection with the audience. It would be nice if she could always do so in competitions, as she is such a happy, smily girl by nature:yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7qDPBPlxHw

I also liked the spread eagle to trace the circle and the entrance to the last spin:) She also seems to improve the connection with the audience. It would be nice if she could always do so in competitions, as she is such a happy, smily girl by nature:yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7qDPBPlxHw
Maybe she will now that the long awaited surgery has been completed, and she starts practicing again.

OOPS/ I thought you were talking about Kwan.

Actually, what I hoped for when I started this thread was that someone might answer, "the deepest possible edge is 41 degrees 18 minutes. Any angle smaller than that and the skater must fall." :)

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Actually, what I hoped for when I started this thread was that someone might answer, "the deepest possible edge is 41 degrees 18 minutes. Any angle smaller than that and the skater must fall." :)

well in that case the closest answer I can give you is that a skater can only lean over until thier boot touches the ice...so whatever angle that is I guess. :)