I had to replace Scott | Golden Skate

I had to replace Scott

sillylionlove

Medalist
I know everyone is like....what!!!

So let me explain

For the longest time the wall paper on my phone was a picture of me and Scott Hamilton. My husband thought it was a cute picture and didn't mind it.

BUT....the other day I was as the store and one of the Philadelphia Eagles players were there signing autographs and taking pictures...and he was really hot....so I had to replace Scott with the footballplayer. But I did keep Scott as my screen saver on my phone so he isn't gone completely.

NOW...the hubby doesn't like this guy with his arm around me but he didn't mind Scott with his arm around me or any other figure skater for that matter....interesting.

Just a funny little story to share with all of you.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm with your hubby! :laugh: put Scotty back!

that being said I recently admitted to myself that Scott's no longer my number one favorite skater... after 19 years I guess it was time :laugh:

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
You both are too funny ... sillylion, what were the circumstances of your photo with Scott (show, comp, fundraiser ... ?)

Toni, yeah, I loved Scotty for a long time but finally the magic has just faded.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
oh the magic is still there. Meeting him in January was a dream come true and I was total fangirl all week... I mean, his son Maxx was born on my birthday! (no joke!) how could I not be on cloud nine??? :laugh:

but Kurt's the better skater... and I got to spend more time chatting with him. And he's so completely genuine...

Scott is still one of my "heroes" I guess you can say they're tied... but Kurt's skating puts him on top.

sillylionlove

Medalist
You both are too funny ... sillylion, what were the circumstances of your photo with Scott (show, comp, fundraiser ... ?)

Toni, yeah, I loved Scotty for a long time but finally the magic has just faded.

The pictures was taken last year at Skate America in Reading. It was during a practice session and he had just come to the arena.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
oh the magic is still there. Meeting him in January was a dream come true and I was total fangirl all week... I mean, his son Maxx was born on my birthday! (no joke!) how could I not be on cloud nine??? :laugh:

You're welcome, LOL ;) (I pretty much made Toni go talk to Scott in January because I knew she wanted to meet him and I also knew she wasn't going to go over there unless I practically pushed her over there myself, LOL :laugh: )

That's a cute story about your phone sillylionlove! I don't have anything fancy on my phone but maybe I will someday. We'll see! :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
she also pushed me down the stairs to meet Evan

and neither time did she take a flipping picture! :p lol