Ice Dance corrections to ISU Communcations | Golden Skate

Ice Dance corrections to ISU Communcations

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
25 Jul 2017 - Lausanne, SwitzerlandFollowing the Frankfurt Seminar, corrections additions and amendments have been made to the following Ice Dance ISU Communications:

Communication No. 2108

ICE DANCE
Post Frankfurt Seminar Communication
CORRECTIONS, ADDITIONS, AMENDMENTS TO ISU COMMUNICATION 2076, 2086

ISU Communication 2076 - Requirements for Technical Rules season 2017/18

ISU Communication 2086 - 2086 Ice Dance Requirements for Technical Rules 2017/18

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
25 Jul 2017 - Lausanne, SwitzerlandFollowing the Frankfurt Seminar, corrections additions and amendments have been made to the following Ice Dance ISU Communications:

Communication No. 2108

ICE DANCE
Post Frankfurt Seminar Communication
CORRECTIONS, ADDITIONS, AMENDMENTS TO ISU COMMUNICATION 2076, 2086

ISU Communication 2076 - Requirements for Technical Rules season 2017/18

ISU Communication 2086 - 2086 Ice Dance Requirements for Technical Rules 2017/18

Thanks!

Reading this makes me feel like I'm reading a complicated mergers and acquisitions contract with restrictive covenants and ways to breach with all the things ice dancers are NOT allowed to do.

nimi

Medalist
I was doing okay with the reading comprehension thing until this:

OPTION 2 (for level 1)
Lifting partner in One Hand/Arm Lift through at least 2 rotations (to lift, hold)

OPTION 2.a) (for level 2)
Lifting partner in One Hand/Arm Lift through at least 2 rotations in total (to lift, hold and set down)

OPTION 2.b) (for level 2)
Lifting partner in One Hand/Arm Lift (to lift, hold) through at least 3 rotations

Does this mean that if the team does a rotational lift which is aborted after a couple of revolutions, it will get level 2 if the lifted partner is lifted & held & brought down in one arm hold during the two revolutions minimum; but only level 1 if she's lifted & held in one arm hold for, say, 2 1/2 revolutions and after that brought down in two arm hold?

Just seems a bit confusing to me. :scratch2:

gkelly

Record Breaker
As I understand, you are correct, but it doesn't apply only to "aborted" lifts that were aiming for level 3 or 4. These definitions also apply for lower-level teams who are aiming for level 1 or level 2 as a step up from level base.

nimi

Medalist
Oh yeah, I guess thinking about elite level senior teams in the context of level 1 or 2 lifts isn't necessarily the most helpful visualization... I guess it makes sense to encourage lower level teams to try one arm lifts by a rule formulation like this.