Ice Shows review | Golden Skate

Ice Shows review

gio

Medalist
These month and hopefully next Italian TV will broadcast a lot of Ice Shows held in the US. I'll be there to watch it.

Today me and my mom watched Family Tribute with Sasha, Evan, Jeff, Mirai etc...

Let me say Alissa was gorgeous in that Don Quixote performance. My mother also enjoyed her. :agree: Oh if just she were more consistent in jumps ...

Sasha was WOW in both numbers :love:. She still does a 3Loop, 3Sal, 3Toe and great spins and spirals. I guess she really can return competing!

What to say about Jeff Buttle!! I have no words, I'm really sad that competitive skating has lost someone so creative and original. What an astonishing great program Personal Jesus was. He really is an artist!!! :clap:

Mirai was funny in her You Can't Hurry Love program, shaking her body while doing a peeing dog spiral :)laugh: sorry, I don't remember the name of that move, I guess is a forward spiral) and absolutely not easy for body control. Great!!!

Wasn't the ring a little bit too small?

I'm curious to hear yours impressions about the show. :)

merrybari

Final Flight
I agree the rink was very small and maybe because the ice was almost square there were some really odd camera angels I thought.

Especially noticeable to me during the opening of Evan's "Waterworks." I've never seen them shoot the opening of a performance from the side before. I don't think I like it much, but I thought that program was awesome!

I also really like Tanith and Ben's "Falling Slowly."

Interesting that with the exception of Sasha, all the skaters were from the eligible ranks. Pretty cool to get them some recognition outside the competitive arena.

gio

Medalist
Holiday Celebration On Ice

It was a good show. Again I had the opportunity to watch Jeff Buttle and again I understood how much competitive skating has lost. We will really miss him. He really has a style on his own. I liked the jazzy number and really enjoyed his Ave Maria program. Both beautifully choreographed numbers.

What a pleasure was to rewatch Yuka Sato, Todd Eldredge and Ilia Kulik. Especially Kulik who did great in his solo jazzy number.

Another pleasure were Dubreuil/Lauzon, who are very versatile. Romantic in their first number, funny and sparky in their second number.

The jazz number of Yuka, Shae, Jeff and Ilia skating together was soo funny. I enjoyed it very much.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I'm waiting to hear reviews of this show. Did anyone go? It'll be on NBC on Jan. 18.

I did find some lovely photos:
http://flickr.com/photos/alexlc13/sets/72157611605316553/

Can't wait to see it! ;)

Thank you for the photo link. Evan and Tanith skating a number together can't wait to see that. From the photos it looks like a great show, Todd, Rachael, Caroline and Joannie are skating too, sounds like a winner to me.

Last edited: