Iditarod 45! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Iditarod 45!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh gosh no... I will read this another time.. I know these things are the reality in the world of animals nothing is easy or certain... so so much we don't know and remains a mystery... human medicine is difficult enough, veterinary medicine much more so.. my heart goes out to the dogs and their owners carers...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh so sad....Snickers was such a pretty dog too :cry:

Thats a tough tale to tell. I think it takes a brave soul to share such a moment and the perspective is not only interesting but puts a light on the feelings a musher must go thru when faced with such an experience.

I appreciate the updates :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Thats a tough tale to tell. I think it takes a brave soul to share such a moment and the perspective is not only interesting but puts a light on the feelings a musher must go thru when faced with such an experience.

Some groups like to vilify mushers, turning them into heartless monsters, but I've watched many mushers weep over the loss of a dog (not all due to races, mind you, Dallas Seavey's favorite lead dog early in his career died on the operating table after he ate something he shouldn't have... I don't think Dallas will ever be okay with talking about the loss of Fridge). Never fails to break my heart. I've lost dogs suddenly through no fault of anyone's, it was just their time. It's NEVER easy. At least the mushers can take solace in the dogs were doing what they love and were bred to do.

On a much happier note, here's my Nome album. I didn't end up taking as many pics as I thought I would, but I was just taking it all in. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154891946170664.1073741885.733500663&type=1&l=f58d26c835