If i could give an OGM to someone without one | Page 7 | Golden Skate

If i could give an OGM to someone without one

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
AMAZiNG SKATERS WHO NEVER WON AN OLYMPIC OR WORLD MEDAL

This thread is dedicated to skaters who never won an Olympic or world medal but you think had the potential to podium. Enjoy the discussion.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
During her Tatiana Malinina time while I don't think she ever deserved gold she had the potential to podium. i am sure people will disagree but consider his time and he had a quad and 3axel and amazing style - Emanual Sandu from Canada - there was a Grand Prix where he blew everyone out of the park. Another Canadian who had big jumps and more charm than one should have is Josee Chouinard. She really could have been a world or olympic title contender. She was kind of an early version of Rochette or Osmond for Canada - huge amplitude on those jumps when landed. I won't add Gracie Gold because she still has a chance. I am talking individual medals too not to confuse with team medals.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Ilya Klimkin was a very promising Quadster of his time (first man landing two different quads in the same program).
Perpetual traumas axed his career.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Ilya Klimkin was a very promising Quadster of his time (first man landing two different quads in the same program).
Perpetual traumas axed his career.

He was very promising in every regard! Super innovative skater with amazing blade control and unique artistic sensibility. The lack of consistency on the jumps did him in and also he never really found a program that exactly suited him I don't think; doesn't seem like he was surrounded by a good enough team that knew how to bring out his full artistic talent.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Janet Lynn, Michelle Kwan, Kurt Browning, Midori Ito—all are towering legends in the sport and if overall careers are considered, they should have Olympic gold medals.