Injuries and the 2021-2022 Olympic Season | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Injuries and the 2021-2022 Olympic Season

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Hawaywek is still recovering from her concussion. That is concerning. Head injuries are so dangerous especially in a sport that involves twizzling and spinning I hope she gets better soon. So who would be the favorite for the third oly spot if H and B aren't ready or too behind in training. Parsons and Green?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does this mean Gracie is going to Nats? But this is off topic. I can't believe H and B; I hope she heals fast.
Gracie’s next comp is in Alpharetta Georgia.

I hope she (Kaitlyn) heals fast too.

pianistliz

On the Ice
Well let's be honest Hanyu and Rika being injured is just par for the course i can't even remember the last time Hanyu had a full GP season.
Last year he sat out of the grand prix b/c of the pandemic. The year before, he had a complete season and won silver at GPF.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I was just looking on the Russian message board FSO Cool and there's an update on Daria. At first they said a hip fracture, but apparently it's a ligament tear :( Still sounds very painful, but it also said the recovery time is quicker.

Fingers crossed 🤞 for Dasha.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I was just looking on the Russian message board FSO Cool and there's an update on Daria. At first they said a hip fracture, but apparently it's a ligament tear :( Still sounds very painful, but it also said the recovery time is quicker.

That’s terrible news 😭

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands

Poor girl. She was in such pain when being carried off the ice. Well, se came off herself, and then was carried away.

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Concerning injuries, I hope everyone injured will make a safe and good recovery.

I can't help thinking about something Frank Carroll said about Michelle Kwan in his TSL interview. One of the things that made Michelle unusual, he said, was that she had a very sensitive attentiveness to what all was going on in her body. If she came in and told Frank that her left foot hurt a little, he'd say, 'Then we'll just practice one (fill-in-the-blank) jump today, and then we'll work on other things.

It takes two. A skater who pays attention, and a coach who alters the training plan accordingly. Is that an unsuitable method, one that won't work in today's skating environment? Or did Frank Carroll have a clearer understanding of how recovery works, and prevention of serious injury?

The following quote is a comment from a Russian article today: https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...usachevoj-ne-skazhu-chto-est-vina-trener.html

But I'm sure most of us remember Alena Kostornaia saying it recently:
J87
today, 10:06
+46
"When someone here says that something hurts, Eteri Georgievna gathers us all and says:" Raise your hands, for whom nothing hurts, "Alena Kostornaya.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Concerning injuries, I hope everyone injured will make a safe and good recovery.

I can't help thinking about something Frank Carroll said about Michelle Kwan in his TSL interview. One of the things that made Michelle unusual, he said, was that she had a very sensitive attentiveness to what all was going on in her body. If she came in and told Frank that her left foot hurt a little, he'd say, 'Then we'll just practice one (fill-in-the-blank) jump today, and then we'll work on other things.

It takes two. A skater who pays attention, and a coach who alters the training plan accordingly. Is that an unsuitable method, one that won't work in today's skating environment? Or did Frank Carroll have a clearer understanding of how recovery works, and prevention of serious injury?

The following quote is a comment from a Russian article today: https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...usachevoj-ne-skazhu-chto-est-vina-trener.html

But I'm sure most of us remember Alena Kostornaia saying it recently:
J87
today, 10:06
+46
"When someone here says that something hurts, Eteri Georgievna gathers us all and says:" Raise your hands, for whom nothing hurts, "Alena Kostornaya.
The JSF who didn’t allow substitutions is also to blame. Way to put more pressure on skaters in an already difficult year.