Interview with Tursynbayeva | Golden Skate

Interview with Tursynbayeva

moriel

Record Breaker
http://flutz.ru/elizabet-tursynbaeva-u-tutberidze-nikakix-poblazhek-no-eto-moyo/

Figure skater Elizabet Tursynbayeva, from Kazakhstan, ranked second in the short program at Finlandia Trophy. The athlete spoke about the new programs and the move from Brian Orser to Eteri Tutberidze.

- There are things to work on - I think I was skating a bit more tense than usual. The beginning of the season, so I'm a bit tense. With time, this program will get better. In Bratislava, the last spin was a bit unfinished. I can only say that there are things to work on, of course. Both in Bratislava and here I, in principle, skated the program cleanly.

- Tell a little about your programs.

- Daniil Markovich choreographed the programs for me, the coaches also suggested the music, and I immediately liked it a lot - both short and free. Of course, they are different from the programs of the last season. I hope that I will not disappoint Daniil Markovich and will skate the programs the way he has done them - precisely in terms of choreography.

- Which program do you like the most?

- For now, i think, I like the short program more. I also like the free, of course - it needs to be skated more times, and then it will be possible to compare both programs.

- Why did you decide to change coaches?

- The Olympic cycle ended, I trained in Toronto for several years, and after the Olympics we decided to change something, change the coach. Of course, I am thankful to Brian for everything. In fact, it is difficult to train away from family, overseas. It turns out that the family is completely divided, and now it is simplersince we are all together at home, in Moscow. I am going to train with Eteri Georgievna for the next years. I do not plan to change anything yet.

- What is the difference between training in the Orser group and in the Tutberidze group?

- Completely different mentality, of course. Both groups have their pros and cons. With Eteri Georgievna, we train a lot, we work a lot, every day, no indulgences. And this is good, it is very hardening, good to train. At competitions, it is easier - as it is said, difficult in training, easy in battle. In Toronto, the relationship is more friendly. I like to train with Eteri Georgievna, this is my thing.

- Did you move to Tutberidze with the next Olympic Games in sight?

- Of course. I have not fully recovered yet - that is, I train with Eteri Georgievna for not so long, the results are still ahead, I am still infiltrating, so to speak.

- She immediately agreed to take you?

- Yes. I had previously visited Eteri Georgievna for short periods of time, we remained on good terms, and she took me.

- You train in a group with girls performing very hard elements. Do you have such jumps in your plans?

- I, of course, would like to, but you need to prepare your body for this. The quad is not an easy jump, and in order to train it successfully and not get injured, you must first prepare your body. I'm still in the process. Perhaps I grew up a little bit, and therefore I still need to prepare.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Not fully recovered? I didn't know that her injury last season was that bad. I thought she was recovered during olympics.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Not fully recovered? I didn't know that her injury last season was that bad. I thought she was recovered during olympics.

I heard the hip injury (it was her hip, right?) was pretty significant and plagued her for quite a while so hopefully she's feeling much better now. I think she's skating with more confidence so that seems like a good sign that maybe she's stronger and healthier now. And it's great that she's back with her family. That sort of separation can really take a toll.

moriel

Record Breaker
also, the recover she used in russian kinda not necessarely means "recover from injury", its also used as in "recover from stress situation" or whatever like that

lavoix

Match Penalty
I think this move is better for her. She's already accomplished more in the begging of this season than in the last quad alone.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Hope Eteri will bring her to at least a top 10 finish at Worlds and the next Olympics. And Eteri's methods work for her tiny frame.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m hoping to see her scores rise from what she was getting before. I never really thought her layouts maximized her scoring potential with lots of solo 2a in the second half bonus for some reason :whack:

Her programs are great this year! I’ve been a fan of hers since JGP and I’m liking what I’m seeing so far! Keep going Lil Bet!! Nice interview BTW....thanks for sharing.

How long until we start to see Quad Salchow attempts from her begin to appear again:devil:

lavoix

Match Penalty
I’m hoping to see her scores rise from what she was getting before. I never really thought her layouts maximized her scoring potential with lots of solo 2a in the second half bonus for some reason :whack:

Her programs are great this year! I’ve been a fan of hers since JGP and I’m liking what I’m seeing so far! Keep going Lil Bet!! Nice interview BTW....thanks for sharing.

How long until we start to see Quad Salchow attempts from her begin to appear again:devil:

I hope never, because her form is horrid on all jumps. I just can't imagine how she'd land them!

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
It's good to hear she is in a good place right now. The thing of it is- I don't think there is one perfect coaching situation. One method or coach will work great for some skaters but not for others and vice versa. No matter who a skater trains with I want them to feel like it is the right fit for them. I'm glad she has found a situation that works for her with Eteri's group.

I hope she stays healthy and keeps skating clean.

moriel

Record Breaker
It's good to hear she is in a good place right now. The thing of it is- I don't think there is one perfect coaching situation. One method or coach will work great for some skaters but not for others and vice versa. No matter who a skater trains with I want them to feel like it is the right fit for them. I'm glad she has found a situation that works for her with Eteri's group.

I hope she stays healthy and keeps skating clean.

Yep, i kinda like how she talks about it.
Also, she seems quite happy to be home with her family.