Irina will be at worlds! | Golden Skate

Irina will be at worlds!

Spirit

On the Ice
There is an article stating that Irina Slutskaya will skate at the World Championships.

I started to read the article, but I'm at work, and the web site had an advertisement with sound! If I go to a site with sound, everyone around me will know I'm surfing the web and I have to close it fast.

So someone, please go to www.goldenskate.com (the home page), click on the news link for Irina and post it here!

I can't do it. :(

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Spirit, sometimes I just need to stop working and read over something at GS so what I do is take off the graphics and I would think you could do it with sound too. I don't know if this will help but this is what I do. Go to Tools, then Internet Options, click on Advanced, then Multimedia and un-check show pictures and play sounds in web pages. Also, can you turn your volumn down real low? Hope this helps. It helps sometimes to get through the day.

Dee

Spirit

On the Ice
Thanks, Dee. Sound was checked, but unchecking it doesn't make any difference. Apparently, there's "sound" and "sound."

And we don't have volume controls on our workstations.

Thanks, though.:)

sk8m8

Final Flight
dear friends,
the other way to deal with the problem is to...

1- hit "Start"
2-go to "Programs"
3-to to "Accessories"
4-look for the "sound" icon ( in XP it's under the entertainment sub tab in Accessories and looks like a little speaker)
5-click and drag the iconto the desktop OR right-click on it with your mouse and do a "Send...to desktop"
6- once on the desktop you can click it and there is a "mute all" button" that will stop all sound from your computer.
7-When finished browsing the web, simply click the icon and uncheck the box.

We all need a little break from work, as long as we don't substitute the web for work, it actually helps us perfom better. Don't ask me, look at the time-motion people who came up with that:D ...your sk8m8, mark

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
sk8m8 said:
dear friends,
Don't ask me, look at the time-motion people who came up with that:D ...your sk8m8, mark
Thanks sk8m8. It is true. I know that it helps for maybe 5 minutes and then I am able to go on. A lot of times I have to transcribe minutes for meeting and talk about boring??? Ugh!!!! It just helps to clear my mind with a little surfing or a little Golden Skate.

Dee

I think Irina skating at Dortmund is just a run through for the 2005 Worlds in Moscow. I would think she wants the gold in that city.

Joe

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, that will add some drama to the competition.

Dee

Irina can be the star of the show just by skating with determination and style. If she lays down three sound programs she'll be a hero whether she stands on the podium or not.

Mathman

sk8m8

Final Flight
I'm not even sure it'll take 3 great programs, Mathie. If she pulls a Sarah and lays down a less than steller qualifiying program and then skaters her heart out to land anywhere in the top 10, I'd say she'd be the story of the competition.

My only regret about that would be that MK would have to share the glory of becoming the most decortated skater from the US at worlds. Oh well, both are wonderful women and deserve all the adulation and praise either receives. They've both given so much to the sport.

2WhereUR

Rinkside
Having Irina at worlds will shake things up I'm sure. But I'm glad that she is feeling well enough to skate.

LadyM76

Rinkside
Irina

I am glad Irina is going to be at Worlds. Although she isn't my favorite skater, I have a lot of respect for her. I admire her Longevity and her bubbly personality.
LadyM76

Evdokia

On the Ice
Joe - thanks for the news. Seems like she is in a good mood and I'm particularly happy about your comment about Irina looking fine, cause I've heard different things after her test skate in Moscow two weeks ago. :)

Edvokia . Bz looking fine I meant her prettz face. That's in tact. She was with a good looking zoung man - her husband? and several other Russians I don't know and having a nice time together. Cupcake was there too.

I also saw TT with Usova sitting near us for a while.

I also saw Klimkin not far being bomnarded with fans looking for autographs. Griayev, too. Didn't see Pluish roaming around.

Tonight the SP and Plush looks like he will take it easy. But, hey, anything can happen.,

Joe