ISU Announces 2024-25 Grand Prix locations | Page 4 | Golden Skate

ISU Announces 2024-25 Grand Prix locations

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I was wondering of there are any early hints about Skate Canada and Skate America locations? I assume Skata Canada would go East Coast, but is there any chance Skate America returns to Vegas?
I think Ted let the location of Skate Canada slip: Laval? Someone correct me if I'm misremembering. @4everchan ?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
:thank: I knew you would be able to correct me if necessary. I am also interested in the Skate Canada location, so I can also have hope. But not too much hope; western Canada seems to have had more than its share of events lately.
I have the feeling that it will be somewhere between Toronto and Calgary.... Considering there is no ACI and that nationals are in " Montreal" Place Bell is right on the subway so I consider it to be Montreal haha

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I have the feeling that it will be somewhere between Toronto and Calgary.... Considering there is no ACI and that nationals are in " Montreal" Place Bell is right on the subway so I consider it to be Montreal haha
I don't think we'll get it until new Arena is finished. That new arena would be sweet, sweet, sweet deal for ACI. The Olympic park is too small for it. Fingers crossed for something convenient for either States or Canadian GP.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I don't think we'll get it until new Arena is finished. That new arena would be sweet, sweet, sweet deal for ACI. The Olympic park is too small for it. Fingers crossed for something convenient for either States or Canadian GP.
I don't remember last time things happened in the Maritimes... Halifax is a good spot or maybe some place like Regina or Winnipeg. There has been a lof ot BC and Ontario for Skate Canada... I went to the one at place Bell i think in 2019 where Nationals will be this year. It's so easy to transit there with the subway that I am definitely attending nationals this year. Ottawa is a good spot too if they want to go back to Ontario

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I don't remember last time things happened in the Maritimes... Halifax is a good spot or maybe some place like Regina or Winnipeg. There has been a lof ot BC and Ontario for Skate Canada... I went to the one at place Bell i think in 2019 where Nationals will be this year. It's so easy to transit there with the subway that I am definitely attending nationals this year. Ottawa is a good spot too if they want to go back to Ontario
I liked Mississauga, though it wouldn't be as nice in the winter. In the fall, it was great. Except I still live in shock that Toronto doesn't label the bus stops with the bus numbers that stop there. To this day I am not sure what's up with that, lol.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Maritimes would get my vote - when was SC held in New Brunswick?

SC was in Regina in 2017 (the only time I got to see Patrick Chan, sadly!

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Do they have a suitable arena there?
In Regina? Yes, it seemed good to me, but I hope they don't hold it there again - interesting though it was, it wasn't a city I'd want to return to. Mind you, the pound has tanked against the Canadian dollar, so a Canadian trip is currently prohibitively expensive, sadly.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
In Regina? Yes, it seemed good to me, but I hope they don't hold it there again - interesting though it was, it wasn't a city I'd want to return to. Mind you, the pound has tanked against the Canadian dollar, so a Canadian trip is currently prohibitively expensive, sadly.
Nah, I meant Maritimes. I have never been to the East, except Ottawa, Montreal and Mississauga, so I don't know what they have there.

I am afraid to travel to Europe due to the current political situation, so waiting impatiently to see what SkAm and SkCan will choose. I mean, SkAm is tempting because of Malinin, but I also HAVE to see Cha in good shape.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Doesn't mean they still have it, like we in Calgary are out of commission for a while.
The best bet would probably be Halifax. According to Wikipedia, the Scotiabank Centre (home of the Halifax Mooseheads of the QMJHL) has a capacity of 10,595 for hockey. The Avenir Centre in Moncton, NB (home of the Moncton Wildcats of the QMJHL) might be big enough as well. Looks like it has a capacity of 8500-8800, though I can't tell whether that's for concerts or hockey (concert capacity tends to be higher).

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well, we'll see. They usually reveal the location in the early summer or something like that. I still hope for Vegas. Vegas is super convenient.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well, we'll see. They usually reveal the location in the early summer or something like that. I still hope for Vegas. Vegas is super convenient.
I'd love (maybe not this year though... we gotta share the wealth) for SCI in Québec city. It's such a beautiful place to visit. I never stay very long there but I have been often.. so SCI would be perfect ;) (they have venues of course)

Daniel3120

Spectator
Country
Canada
The best bet would probably be Halifax. According to Wikipedia, the Scotiabank Centre (home of the Halifax Mooseheads of the QMJHL) has a capacity of 10,595 for hockey. The Avenir Centre in Moncton, NB (home of the Moncton Wildcats of the QMJHL) might be big enough as well. Looks like it has a capacity of 8500-8800, though I can't tell whether that's for concerts or hockey (concert capacity tends to be higher).
I was told that SCI would be in Halifax, and that Skate Canada is just working out the final details before making the official announcement.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm hoping somewhere on the East Coast or the Midwest for Skate America...Because I plan on going.