Jackson skates size help! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Jackson skates size help!

cheddar

Rinkside
Hello again! I've just finished my lesson and I spoke with someone at Oasis Skating club who also coaches at the ice rink I take lessons at. He measured the length and width (not circumfurence) and I tried on a pair from Risport I think in size 38.

He suggests the Elle or Freestyle (and said the freestyle might be a bit stiff for my level). He has some other orders and said today's the last day to put in an order, but I'm not sure which one to get as I wouldn't want to get a boot that's too stiff for me but at the same time there's hardly a price difference and I'll be able to get more out of the Freestyles.

What do you guys think?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hello again! I've just finished my lesson and I spoke with someone at Oasis Skating club who also coaches at the ice rink I take lessons at. He measured the length and width (not circumfurence) and I tried on a pair from Risport I think in size 38.

He suggests the Elle or Freestyle (and said the freestyle might be a bit stiff for my level). He has some other orders and said today's the last day to put in an order, but I'm not sure which one to get as I wouldn't want to get a boot that's too stiff for me but at the same time there's hardly a price difference and I'll be able to get more out of the Freestyles.

What do you guys think?
I have a feeling I know who you're talking about lol, and definitely freestyle. Elles going to be too soft.

annetter

Rinkside

What do you guys think?
I wonder which Jackson Freestyle size fit you.

I am interested in information to assess which Jackson Freestyle (I have not yet been able to try it) size might fit me - Risport RF3 Pro 255 C width fit me (my EU shoe size 38,5) - I am also interested in knowing whether Jackson Freestyle Fusion is wider at the toes than Risport RF3 Pro.

Last edited:

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom

I am interested in information to assess which Jackson Freestyle (I have not yet been able to try it) size might fit me - Risport RF3 Pro 255 C width fit me (my EU shoe size 38,5) - I am also interested in knowing whether Jackson Freestyle Fusion is wider at the toes than Risport RF3 Pro.
If you're already skating in an Risport RF3 Pro with suitable blade (Coronation Ace/MK Professional), then the Jackson Freestyle would be a step back for you. Jacksons are wider at the toe box than Risport C at regular width R and also come in a wider W fitting, so the length/size isn't always directly applicable. You need to get fitted properly.

cheddar

Rinkside

Hi! Not sure which one will fit you best but I'll just let you know what he told me! For me I usually get street shoe size 39 (38 in some brands like Aldo), and he suggested getting Freestyle size 38 width D. Not sure how accurate this is as he just did some general measurements only, but this is what his recommendation was.

annetter

Rinkside
If you're already skating in an Risport RF3 Pro with suitable blade (Coronation Ace/MK Professional), then the Jackson Freestyle would be a step back for you. Jacksons are wider at the toe box than Risport C at regular width R and also come in a wider W fitting, so the length/size isn't always directly applicable. You need to get fitted properly.
Thank you for your reply!

I am looking for blades for my RF3 Pro (I am an adult beginner) - am concerned about online reviews about problems with spinning with Coronation Ace - wonder whether MK Professional (interested in its extra length) or Galaxy or Flight might be easier to spin on - though I wonder if the spin rocker further back on Coronation Ace might be more suitable for me for spinning due to my long toes.

I am considering Jackson Freestyle Fusion, as it is available with blades (I have found it difficult to buy from fitters in my country - no walk-in shop), and I am interested in a wider toe box.

Last edited:

annetter

Rinkside
Hi! Not sure which one will fit you best but I'll just let you know what he told me! For me I usually get street shoe size 39 (38 in some brands like Aldo), and he suggested getting Freestyle size 38 width D. Not sure how accurate this is as he just did some general measurements only, but this is what his recommendation was.

I imagine Jackson Freestyle size 38 is size 7.

I wonder whether Jackson size 7 or 7.5 would fit me.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom

I am looking for blades for my RF3 Pro (I am an adult beginner) - am concerned about online reviews about problems with spinning with Coronation Ace - wonder whether MK Professional (interested in its extra length) or Galaxy or Flight might be easier to spin on - though I wonder if the spin rocker further back on Coronation Ace might be more suitable for me for spinning due to my long toes.

I am considering Jackson Freestyle Fusion, as it is available with blades (I have found it difficult to buy from fitters in my country - no walk-in shop), and I am interested in a wider toe box.
The blades on the Freestyle Fusion are usually Aspires and whilst good for beginners, are not ideal for spinning. Coronation Ace or MK Professional are both tried and tested intermediate blades and better for spinning than any of the other "equivalents" out there. There's a reason they've been so popular for so long.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

Get J Wilson Coronation Ace or MK Pro. I guarantee you that 99.9% of the time those who are having issues with spinning on Coronation Aces, it's the person NOT the blade. ;)