Size chart help | Golden Skate

Size chart help

vankata0808

Spectator
Hey friends,
I would like to ask my foot length is 255 mm what size should i get the figure skates 255?
I am considering between edea overture risport royal pro

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Hey friends,
I would like to ask my foot length is 255 mm what size should i get the figure skates 255?
I am considering between edea overture risport royal pro
Your foot length is just one of several measurements the boot fitter will take to determine your size. Your boots have to fit snugly all around your foot and up to the ankle and over. Which brand you should be looking at depends on your foot shape, particularly your toe shape (slanted, straight across, etc), the height of your arch, whether your heel is narrower, and other factors. Once you know your best brand(s), the model you should buy depends on your age, weight, level of skating ability.....all things the fitter should take into consideration. Where do you live, and someone in your country or nearby can give you the address of the best skate shop and fitter closest to you? Happy skating!

vankata0808

Spectator
Your foot length is just one of several measurements the boot fitter will take to determine your size. Your boots have to fit snugly all around your foot and up to the ankle and over. Which brand you should be looking at depends on your foot shape, particularly your toe shape (slanted, straight across, etc), the height of your arch, whether your heel is narrower, and other factors. Once you know your best brand(s), the model you should buy depends on your age, weight, level of skating ability.....all things the fitter should take into consideration. Where do you live, and someone in your country or nearby can give you the address of the best skate shop and fitter closest to you? Happy skating!
Sure but yet as a general rule foot length equals these sizes right 255 mm foot in theory should fit well in 255 size boot
I’m from Sofia, Bulgaria,
In the end i may buy sum cheap jacksons in a shop i can try on some skates.

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
My feet measure 245 mm and I wear Edea skates 255 B width. The fitter will measure not only the lenght of your feet, but also the width, analyze which type of feet/toes you have and many other factors to decide the best skates for you. My feet are very narrow and thin, narrow heels, so I wear the B (narrow) width, but my toe box on my right foot is a little wider than my left, so my fitter shapes my right skate to fit the width difference.
Better than figuring out a size chart on your own is to visit a trusted fitter (ask your coach for recommendations) and let the professional advice what's best for you!

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Sure but yet as a general rule foot length equals these sizes right 255 mm foot in theory should fit well in 255 size boot
I’m from Sofia, Bulgaria,
In the end i may buy sum cheap jacksons in a shop i can try on some skates.
Sizing varies from brand to brand, so the number may or may not be correct for your foot. Your foot is malleable, and the measurement (by someone else, please, as you will alter the true length just by bending down to measure yourself) could be slightly different each time, especially when dealing in such a small variance as a millimeter. And Jacksons may be wrong for your foot shape and cause pain and blistering where another brand labelled as the same size might be comfortable. Anyone familiar with skate shops and fitters in Bulgaria? I'm in Canada and not familiar with European fitters.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Also, as @LolaSkatesInJapan says, your feet are not exactly the same size. No one's feet are. My feet are pulled up in length by unusually high arches, but one is still slightly longer than the other. My longer foot is 223 mm, and I wear Risports in the 230 AA size. Remember to wear your usual skating tights when the fitter measures you, as even that can make a difference in the size you need. Buying boots apparently exactly the same length as your foot is destined for pain after you've been skating in them for an hour or two and your feet are even slightly swollen. You don't want them so loose (when just trying them on in the shop) that your feet can shift in them, but they need enough room, with heat molding, so they don't rub on joints and/or cut off your circulation.

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
@Diana Delafield as you nicely explained, I think footwear fitting, especially for a sport which requires a high level of precision like figure skating and highly depends on what you're wearing on the feet, is something VERY personal and subjective, and also changes, as our feet are not of metal, or made of a material which never changes. Even when buying new skates, same brand, same model as always, you go back to the fitter, get fitted all over again, receive the new skates and have the professional to his job to make those skates for our feet, even after having the brand and model that in principle fits the best. And again, this is so personal in my opinion. I've seen you describing your feet in other posts and they actually, by what you've described, sound quite similar to mine. Yet you wear different brand and model than me and sound very satisfied with the choice, as happily satisfied as I am with my brand and model. We're different people and as similar as our feet theoretically sound, other factors may have directed the final choice made for our footwear.

It sounds common sense to me, but you cannot get that level of correct choice to be free to improve skating skills our best because of havign footwear we can rely on by buying the footwear online and relying solely on size charts and coming to ask online. This is something that needs to be done completely in person.
Just my humble opinion.