Japan Times: JSF chief wants meeting with Mao | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Japan Times: JSF chief wants meeting with Mao

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol, I agree with the both of you! :) Good words, fairly4 & Spun Silver.:love:

Seriously, this is Mao's decision, she's an adult capable of making her own decisions & being responsible for them. As I said before & will say again now, it is Mao's to win or lose, nobody else's. She is the one that puts in all the hard work, day after day after day ad infinitum, nobody else but her.

As a fan, I will support her 110% in whatever she chooses to do, not question her wisdom nor make her feel incompetent. I believe in you, Mao, I believe in you. From here on out I will n-e-v-e-r question your decisions ever again, promise (I'll bite my tongue off before I do)! You have my word on that.

:love:BANZAI, MAO-CHAN, BANZAI!:love:

hurrah

Medalist
If you do an engine search on Mao within domestic (Japanese) press, you would find that there are less than ten articles---all of them very brief---on Hashimoto Seiko wanting to meet Mao; there's far more (maybe ten folds more) articles that report on Mao's press conference at the airport, most of which have a positive slant to it. There's also not been any follow-up report on the Hashimoto Seiko-Mao story.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
maybe chef should request a meeting with Tatiana and not Mao and in that case the best approach would be a nice chair with some electricity on the way and no table necessary.
I feel so sorry for Mao and Tatiana was so busy in Moscow, Mao was always alone. You cant have a top skater in competition and you keep talking ten hours per day on Tv....:rolleye:

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
They are negotiating a time and place to meet? Is this the United Nations Security Council? Is there also a dispute abiut the shape of the table?

You have no idea the importance of "proper manner" in Japanese society!

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Why am I imagining this being an intervention, like in substance abuse treatment? Do they have triple axel 12-step programs?

The last I checked, the concept of the 12-step program hasn't arrived in Japan yet. Though I could be mistaken. I'll check when I visit my mother in Japan over the "Christmas/New Year Holiday." :laugh:

Bennett

Record Breaker
i think that the basic concept, to receive updates of what the skaters are doing, is good. Actually it is a necessary step in any investment. They invest a lot of funds to those skaters. The skaters and coaches would be responsible for regularly letting them know their plans, strategies, and updates so that both parties can ensure that the funds are used in a productive manner and not abused for any other inappropriate purposes. We don't necessarily have to think of it like a control, rather, it could be just having sound communications and developing good trusting relationships with the third persons so that the skaters can have someone else whom they could talk to and seek for the second opinions from. If such communications are going well, for example, Miki and Yukari would not have selected exactly the same music last season. Mao also might have gotten better music choices this season. I think that the skaters should use JSF as a resource.

However, the intervention at this point of time by a lay person like Ms. Hashimoto could be of little help. I hope that they bring helpful experts like Machiko Yamada and Shizuka whom Mao seem to trust.

Last edited: