Japanese Nationals 2015-16 Ladies SP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals 2015-16 Ladies SP

andyjo24

Medalist
Mao did some of the most beautiful jumps I have seen her do in warmup. Her triple axel was gorgeous and really big.

Yeah. But what only matters is what she puts out in competition.

She really needs to up her mental game. Maybe a psychologist would help?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I understand that Japan has their stars and all, but this broadcast is the most biased I've ever seen. It's like some skaters don't exist and are only an afterthought. I feel bad for them.

Rika and Kanako were heavenly. I'm so glad to see Kana smile again, want a medal for her badly. Unfortunately she's more of an SP skater. :(

andyjo24

Medalist
But I think they will tend to send skaters who have a bigger potential to medal at competition, just like they sent Daisuke Takahashi to Sochi even Kozuka finished above him

She may go to Worlds this time around by reputation, but by 2018, there will many more strong young skaters (Wakaba, Yunas, Marin, etc) who may overtake Mao, especially when Mao does not deliver.

I don't want to say this, but Mao might not make the Olympic team if she does not up her game by 2017.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
She may go to Worlds this time around by reputation, but by 2018, there will many more strong young skaters (Wakaba, Yunas, Marin, etc) who may overtake Mao, especially when Mao does not deliver.

I don't want to say this, but Mao might not make the Olympic team if she does not up her game by 2017.

Geez, calm down. The season isn't even over, and you're writing off a former 3-time world champ who always had her slumps in between. Obviously Japan has a lot of talented, lovely young ladies, and at this point I wouldn't dare to predict any skater on the Olympic team, not the ones that are currently doing well either. And not even Mao even if she was currently delivering.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Once again nominating Satoko for the title of Most Consistent Skater of the year. That is just incredible.
I adore Wakaba Higuchi, what a bummer she isn't age eligible for the Senior Worlds! :(
Also, the world would be a brighter place with a smile from Murakami Kanako every day.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Okay, read the liveblog. Yay Satton, Rika, Wakabby, Kana, and Yuna... I hope Mao moves up and Yuna and Marin and Yuka as well....

matcha

Medalist
Where can I find the results?
Top six?
Mao?

1. Satoko Miyahara - 73.24 (39.36, 33.88)
2. Rika Hongo - 68.39 (37.14, 31.25) 💚
3. Wakaba Higuchi - 67.48 (37.54, 29.94)
4. Kanako Murakami - 66.02 (34.33, 31.69) 💛
5. Mao Asada - 62.03 (28.68, 33.35)
6. Yuna Shiraiwa - 61.92 (35.49, 26.43)
7. Yuka Nagai - 60.42 (34.48, 26.94, -1.00)
8. Rin Nitaya - 60.10 (34.35, 25.75)
9. Yuna Aoki - 58.96 (33.04, 25.92)
10. Yura Matsuda - 58.76 (32.24, 26.52)

winky97

Medalist
It's just not that easy to come back. Poor Mao! Hopefully she can pull up and at least get on the podium and to Worlds.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Mao will be fine. Coming back especially for a full season is not easy, the body needs time to go back to the top form. The same situation applies to Patrick but I am sure he will turn out fine as well. We will see in the next year!

Lota

Record Breaker
You can watch some of the performances HERE.

Rika rocked!!! :love: Hope she can do the same tomorrow and, if not win the title (I think JSF wants either Mao or Satoko on the throne), at least stay in 2nd place and secure a spot for herself :cheer:

mary01

Final Flight
Mao will be fine. Coming back especially for a full season is not easy, the body needs time to go back to the top form. The same situation applies to Patrick but I am sure he will turn out fine as well. We will see in the next year!

Ita, she just needs time to prepare and she will be fine, remember this competition was right after the GPF when she was sick, so she didn't have much time to prepare for this.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
You can watch some of the performances HERE.

Rika rocked!!! :love: Hope she can do the same tomorrow and, if not win the title (I think JSF wants either Mao or Satoko on the throne), at least stay in 2nd place and secure a spot for herself :cheer:

I think so, too. Even a perfect Rika won't get that title. I hope she has a great free, her Riverdance is really something. And Kanako...it's been so long since Skate Canada, I really look forward to her free"

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Rika and Satoko were briliant! Shiraiwa and Wakaba were also stand-outs.
AAAGGHH! Maoooo!

Yuhana-chan is always my favorite performer.

hurrah

Medalist
I am rather upset with Mao's performance, though, watching it, I suppose it couldn't be helped. Her flip is wonky now because she's fixing her lutz and I know it can't be helped. Once her lutz settles, her flip will also settle and then she'll do the 3flip-3loop as well. I know all of this but I'm still upset!!!

I wish Mao could get more support with managing her mental game. I don't think Mr. Sato is very good at that. It's not just with Mao that he's not that great. He's generally not that great with managing the mental aspect of all his athletes, and I know it's kind of hard to ask a man in his 70's to develop a new skill set but if he's a first-rate coach, he ought to develop his ability to manage his athletes' emotions more.