Jason Brown | Page 1007 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Did he do the Riverdance duet with Shae Lynn again???
No, he just wore that for the finale. He skated Adios in the first half and You Raise Me Up in the second.

Might add that a Chinese livestream was approved last minute on the 9th, and therefore, in addition to the Hulu audience in Japan, he and the other skaters were able to showcase on one of the biggest non-Olympic streams ever: 178K the second day and 342K the last day. For someone looking to expand post-competition opportunities, this sort of showing can only help :biggrin:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Oh yes, I'm really glad that Chinese Figure Skating lovers can watch how Jason Brown can skate in a show, and may become fans, or at least rejoice if he participates in a show in China and if it can be an incentive for them to go, maybe they will at least remember his name in a favourable light, maybe they will go watch videos of his Olympic skates as they happened in Beijing (and it's likely to make them appreciate him)...
For him, who doesn't get heavy Public Relations like some other top competitive (or officially competitive) skaters, not even in his own country; but whose skates speak for themselves if only people see them, exposure is key, so these 342 thousand viewers on Notte Stellata Day 3 are really a great opportunity.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
No, he just wore that for the finale. He skated Adios in the first half and You Raise Me Up in the second.

Might add that a Chinese livestream was approved last minute on the 9th, and therefore, in addition to the Hulu audience in Japan, he and the other skaters were able to showcase on one of the biggest non-Olympic streams ever: 178K the second day and 342K the last day. For someone looking to expand post-competition opportunities, this sort of showing can only help :biggrin:
Thanks for the info. He certainly stood out in the bright green shirt! And it proves that Yuzu and skating are still a big draw in many places.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
hi everyone! just about to set off on my two day travels to worlds.. and most importantly my jason banner is packed and ready to go!

Have a great time and please give us your rinkside reports (of course, without interfering with any watching or with all the attention Jason deserves).

Great banner, hope you find a good place for it! :)

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yes, that is Tracy. The Dynamic Duo is now in Montreal getting ready for the fun! Jason knows what his job is, so he'll take it seriously. Can't wait t see him skate! This men's comp could be exciting! Jason has posted from inside the city of Montreal. He's doing his usual pre comp sightseeing. I'm sure the family is there and he loves to prepare by walking around the area and seeing what there is to see.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Reports from this morning’s practice - Jason looking sharp and clean! Triple axels, triple lutz-triple toe combos and a full out clean SP run through! His boots are majorly taped though (black tape).

PS, I cried my eyes out after I saw him skate lol.

Thank you for the report and for the video. The reaction is a natural one to a clean Jason skate. :)

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States

Reports from this morning’s practice - Jason looking sharp and clean! Triple axels, triple lutz-triple toe combos and a full out clean SP run through! His boots are majorly taped though (black tape).

PS, I cried my eyes out after I saw him skate lol.

He looks good. Tape is unusual for him. He doesn't usually wear boots out, but he's done a lot of shows, so that's an interesting observation. But the jumps looked great. What did you think of his speed, particularly in the step sequence? For a first practice. that was amazing!!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Lynn Rutherford interviewed Jason and posted on Twitter.

Jason Brown admits this season is more challenging than last: "Coming off an Olympic year, you're in the best shape of your life. I was able to ride that wave .... This year, I had to build back up. I didn't carve the time I probably should have." 1/3

Brown on returning to Impossible Dream FS: "It was too much to navigate it all and tackle new program and new content." 2/3

Brown plans to put what he learned this season, to work next season, when he also plans to compete: "I'm still growing so much, still learning so much. I feel like I continue to get better. That's what keeps me in. I love the sport. I love the fans." 3/3

This is the best news ever. He learned that the balance was off this year, but he's going to fix it next year. Now I'm crying! I always say that Jason IS skating for me. I'm so glad that he feels the same way. He is amazing! GO JASON!!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It looks like Lynn was talking to Jason in the mixed zone after practice. Here is Goldenskate's report: (with a quote about Yuzuru as well)

Not only is Jason living and learning about coming back, and loving his fans (not in this report) but I love
He doesn’t think about the placement this year: “I used to do it a lot when I was younger but not anymore.”

:clap:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It looks like Lynn was talking to Jason in the mixed zone after practice. Here is Goldenskate's report: (with a quote about Yuzuru as well)

Not only is Jason living and learning about coming back, and loving his fans (not in this report) but I love
He doesn’t think about the placement this year: “I used to do it a lot when I was younger but not anymore.”

:clap:

Two new programs for competition and more for shows. I am so glad that he's going to continue. He's so good and he's right, he's getting better all the time. He'll keep everyone on their PC toes!!

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
hi fellow jason fans, i come here with good news … after pairs i was grabbing some food, was just looking for a bin to put my mcdonalds wrapper in… and a certain mr jason brown was walking towards me!! I then proceeded to have a full on breakdown at him but he was SO LOVELY AND HE HUGGED ME TWICE AND TOOK A PHOTO WITH ME AND IT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
hi fellow jason fans, i come here with good news … after pairs i was grabbing some food, was just looking for a bin to put my mcdonalds wrapper in… and a certain mr jason brown was walking towards me!! I then proceeded to have a full on breakdown at him but he was SO LOVELY AND HE HUGGED ME TWICE AND TOOK A PHOTO WITH ME AND IT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER

Yassss! I am so happy for you, traveling all that way, you deserve the patented Jason sunshine and hugs:clap: (He turned any frowns upside down:biggrin:)

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
That is so Jason. As a recipient of one spontaneous Jason hug and one more formal one, I'm so happy that you got one. He is the BEST! And he really loves his fans. So happy for you!!