Jason Brown | Page 213 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks for the video, its a beautiful program! seems like he is planning his layout 2+6 again, with quad its gonna be demanding, good luck to him next season :cheer:

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I think he will perform this beautifully once he's had it a bit longer, but I must confess I don't love the music.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Oh the new program looks great, just great.IMO it's difficult to make this sort of a bit monotone piano music look not-boring but Jason's skating fills all the gaps. Judges will be handing it PCS like candy, amazing quality.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Oh the new program looks great, just great.IMO it's difficult to make this sort of a bit monotone piano music look not-boring but Jason's skating fills all the gaps. Judges will be handing it PCS like candy, amazing quality.
I agree on the bolded part. Jason will have to be "on" (both technically and expressively) for it to score well I think, especially for a FS. It reminds me of Michelle's Lyra. When she was not "on", the program just felt kinda flat and one-note.

For single skaters, monotone music works better for short programs imo. At least in dance/pairs there are partners to play off the sleepy music.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Wow, I really liked the music he chose. A lot of attention to detail needs to be put on pieces like these and I think Jason knows how to do this very well. The choreography looks beautiful, I can't wait to see it in the GP Circuit :love:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think he will perform this beautifully once he's had it a bit longer, but I must confess I don't love the music.

This will be like T&I for me. Didn't like the music; just don't like dramatic movie music. Tinkly little piano music I'm not crazy about either. And, although I did not remember the soundtrack qua soundtrack, The Piano was one of those artsy depressing movies that I was not happy I spent two hours of my life watching, and now I think about it when I see Jason.

Oh well, four points:
1. I have Great Gatsby.
2. Jason eventually made me like T&I, he will probably make me like this music too.
3. Will everyone who talks about his "maturity" now please, just .... stop! Because now I will be watching a program like this so Jason can show case "maturity". :slink: Oh well. See point no. 2.
4. Rohene's #ScentofLove: Mrs. P was right.;)

andromache

Record Breaker
TSL Kori Ade interview, Part 1, has been published :).

I've always respected Kori, but this interview makes me :love:. (I was really hoping that TSL would post the Moskvina interview first because that's what I was most excited for, but this interview is all kinds of awesome).

What an intelligent, insightful, well-spoken woman. She talks a lot about how as a coach she is different with all of her students to give them what they need most psychologically in order to succeed, and particularly her relationship with Jason and the strategies she has used in various situations to guide him to success. Given how many of the top US skaters struggle with inconsistency, hearing her talk about her approach is valuable. I can't wait for part two.

caitie

Medalist
I know, I was really impressed with her too. She has a great energy -- passionate and fierce but also totally chill. I loved the story about the skating official telling her to let Jason move on to a more seasoned coach and then later apologizing after Jason won Juniors. And it's so interesting that USFS wanted Jason to remain junior in 2014! Can you imagine??

Last edited:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Program seems to be very good, definitely better than last year. It seemed he wanted to focus on doing quad in this performance. I hope he will work over summer and will be going for quad with more faith and power, because it looks here the same as 4CC

We will see in few months how it will look. Will be interesting

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
This will be like T&I for me. Didn't like the music; just don't like dramatic movie music. Tinkly little piano music I'm not crazy about either. And, although I did not remember the soundtrack qua soundtrack, The Piano was one of those artsy depressing movies that I was not happy I spent two hours of my life watching, and now I think about it when I see Jason.

Oh well, four points:
1. I have Great Gatsby.
2. Jason eventually made me like T&I, he will probably make me like this music too.
3. Will everyone who talks about his "maturity" now please, just .... stop! Because now I will be watching a program like this so Jason can show case "maturity". :slink: Oh well. See point no. 2.
4. Rohene's #ScentofLove: Mrs. P was right.;)

I'm with you and papagena on this. I don't care for the music - "tinkly piano music" was exactly what I was thinking, too. And, not knowing what it was, I was thinking that it sounded like typical movie soundtrack music for when they want you to feel extra sentimental - which doesn't work for me at all. (I loved T&I, though - give me something dramatic.;)) Anyway, I don't hate it - I just don't care for it, and will have no longing to hear it ever again - but I will still be able to enjoy Jason's skating to it; the music itself, however, won't be adding anything to my enjoyment. Oh, well - c'est la vie.

And most people seem to enjoy it, though, so... that's good.

Note: I'm a costume drama fan, but have never had the slightest wish to watch the Piano - just not my kind of thing. I can be depressed very well on my own without any help at all. (And while I say this jokingly, it's also true - I've suffered enough depression to last me a lifetime.)

Last edited: