Jason Brown | Page 400 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am, God help me, beginning to like Sam Smith. And hum this song.:laugh2:

I also actually do wish he would keep it, so we could see more of this SP. And a fitted costume without the Bedazzler. :biggrin:

Bravo, Jason:yahoo:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Did anybody watch the WTT on TV in the US? I wonder what they said about Jason's programme, whoever the commentator was :)

Commentators were Ryan Bradley and Tanith White. I recall it was generally very positive; no comment on 3A; "tight on landing of 3T" then something positive about going right into the transition (hydroblade to Russian split) and loved the 3z. I'll watch again and tell you in more detail later. 😊

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did anybody watch the WTT on TV in the US? I wonder what they said about Jason's programme, whoever the commentator was :)

I was just able to watch on NBC SN. Tanith and Ryan were talking about Jason and how he always shows great team spirit! :) Mercifully, they are not talking so much during the skating! They mention that the 3A is his most difficult jump. 3F / 3T, a little tight but he explodes into a transition after that. Audience applauds during his amazing catch-foot spin. Beautiful 3Lz.

After the skate:
Tanith: Jason has presence, flexibility, spins, and quality of the technical elements.
Ryan: What I love is that even though Jason doesn't do a quad in the SP, there is not a moment when you're not impressed -- whether he's doing a split jump, a beautiful spin, difficult transitions, or his leg is nearly touching the ceiling (laughs). He constantly keeps you involved, and it makes up for not having a quad in the program.

That was pretty much what they talked about, and then they showed him in the K & C and said a few quick comments about how high his presentation score was.

Last edited:

madforskating

On the Ice
My mom and I were binge-watching Jason videos tonight, and I just want to point out how much he's improved even since I first spotted him in 2014. This season everything is SO refined that I don't know how you can't dish out 10s in the PCS.
Confession: I watched his "The Scent of Love" FS 4 times :love:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My mom and I were binge-watching Jason videos tonight, and I just want to point out how much he's improved even since I first spotted him in 2014. This season everything is SO refined that I don't know how you can't dish out 10s in the PCS.
Confession: I watched his "The Scent of Love" FS 4 times :love:

Agreed. Watching him yesterday, I kept thinking back to the scrawny, all-legs-hands-and-feet boy jazzing around to Hey Pachuco and thinking about how incredibly refined and mature he is now.

madforskating

On the Ice
Agreed. Watching him yesterday, I kept thinking back to the scrawny, all-legs-hands-and-feet boy jazzing around to Hey Pachuco and thinking about how incredibly refined and mature he is now.

I know! He used to be more of an actor, very cute guy putting on a show, but now he's become the best of the best in lines and techniques. He could literally skate crossovers for four minutes and still be amazing.

sublimeskating

Crouching Dreamer, Hidden Badass
On the Ice
Jason's positivity and charismatic performances are always a delight to watch :love:
His positive energy is really wonderful and something that should be treasured
Also I love his acrobatics and his performances are always so fun
Watching him skate makes me smile :)
He is a true performer and well rounded skater :luv17:
And Jason himself is such a delight I always love seeing him in events :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I can't believe we've seen that beautiful program for the last time.

I can't wait to see what they come up with for next season.

TMC

Record Breaker
All 3s for the half-biellmann AND finally all 3s for the StSq, too!

I for one didn't see any loops at all ;)

madforskating

On the Ice
All 3s for the half-biellmann AND finally all 3s for the StSq, too!

I for one didn't see any loops at all ;)

FINALLY! I'm glad to see they rewarded his GOE and also he got great PCS - again! 4th highest, right up there with Shoma, almost 9 points higher than Nathan, only a point and a half lower than Hanyu's. Our guy is finally getting some #respect!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Feel sad to think that we are seeing some of these programs for the last time, including Jason's! It's been fun to follow his programs beginning with Lombardia and watching how they've progressed over the season. Too bad about the injury in November, but what a satisfying Worlds for Jason, and now a little fun at WTT...And now for the next burning question--programs for next year. I think judging by that twinkle in Rohene's eye at Worlds, he already has a lot of next season's programs ready!...Thx for the memories Jason!

Ross74

Medalist
Last edited: