Jason Brown | Page 664 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I bet Ice Fantasia is a nice paycheck! Plus a chance to hang out with the TCC fam.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks @Ross74 for reminding me about Writings on the Wall, I definitely had my doubts about that one when it started out, but it's one of my favs now too, particularly that Worlds version:luv17:

I remain hopeful with David Wilson. I love Guys and Dolls. I mean, love. :luv17:If he could recapture that with Jason....:pray:

And very impressed that Jason is essentially skipping SOI to work. Gotta get that Rohene choreography down since he's not around full time;)

I love Writing on the Wall also! That and the Piano along with Love is a Bi*** are my favorites. And I've seen all of them live!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
So Jason’s instagram story today shows him doing his catchfoot camel spin together with a member of the Wisconsin Figure Skating Club. This is the second time I’ve noticed that his hair looks very dark, almost black. Kind of like back in 2015-16

Thoughts?

Ross74

Medalist
Thoughts?

Can you tell if he's wearing the new boots? There was some comment about whether he would be able to do the catch as easily with the new blades.

I thought his hair looked darker in his NYE pics as well. I can't say that the color of his hair matters much to me. If he prefers it darker than his natural color, that's fine.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Can you tell if he's wearing the new boots? There was some comment about whether he would be able to do the catch as easily with the new blades.

I thought his hair looked darker in his NYE pics as well. I can't say that the color of his hair matters much to me. If he prefers it darker than his natural color, that's fine.

Ha that was me! Blades not boots though. I can’t tell from the story but based on this post where you can kinda see the blade, it looks like the old blades.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvvG9b1nPVJ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1vv99bw3i1np

The new blades are quite different looking:

http://mkblades.blogspot.com/2011/05/john-wilson-gold-seal-revolution.html?m=1

I was just hoping darker hair that’s starting to look like a pompadour doesn’t mean an Elvis program! :slink:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh no if David Wilson gives Jason an Elvis program,:(

He is dead to me :dbana:

But I just can’t imagine....

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason is so not Elvis. I can't imagine him being ok with that. It's probably just hair product to keep his frizz down while he works with the kids. He might be due for a hair cut or need it longer for whatever he's doing at Ice Fantasia in Korea.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Off topic question: Is there any place on GS where I can post asking if anyone lives in or near Colorado Springs and could talk to me about the real estate market there? Is Le Cafe the right spot and does anyone look there? Or is there a better place? And is that sort of question allowed?

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Off topic question: Is there any place on GS where I can post asking if anyone lives in or near Colorado Springs and could talk to me about the real estate market there? Is Le Cafe the right spot and does anyone look there? Or is there a better place? And is that sort of question allowed?

Just sent you a PM.

Ross74

Medalist

You've got a couple of us on this thread who live in the south Denver burbs. :)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

I will be in touch! Thank you! Considering a relocation.

I see our "Colorado crowd" has pitched in; Jason fans are like that. :)

And no more New York state:eek: But more, and closer, summer comps. Even without Jason ;)

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Jason is so not Elvis. I can't imagine him being ok with that. It's probably just hair product to keep his frizz down while he works with the kids. He might be due for a hair cut or need it longer for whatever he's doing at Ice Fantasia in Korea.

Or it may just be his "winter" color. Some people with dark blond hair have lighter hair in the summer when it is naturally bleached by the sun.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And well deserved love:luv17: from Jackie Wong:

https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/1114668448322334720

And the actual blurb from the Rocker Skating website, in the "What I Remember" section,

"Jason Brown’s short program:
I’m really not going to say much about this, because this program speaks for itself. But it is one of the great programs in recent memory from anyone. Enjoy."

with a link to the RAI commentary on the Worlds SP:

https://www.rockerskating.com/news/2019/4/6/opining-on-2019-worlds-part-2-what-i-remember

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Off topic again. I have posted my Colorado query to Le Cafe. Anyone is welcome to read and comment! Thanks for the Colorado crowd for assistance.

noskates

Record Breaker
I wouldn't worry too much about Jason doing an Elvis program based on his hair looking darker. IF he was to do that, why would he dye his hair so far in advance of when he's going to skate the program in competition. I think we're running out of things to worry about. But I'm with El - NO ELVIS. Love the man and his voice but not for figure skating (did you hear that Kolyada?)