Jason Brown | Page 690 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Haleth

On the Ice
Ugh, my last post was eaten :dev2:

I'm really beginning to feel Jason wasn't around this week, leaving after the Team Cricket Great Wall Adventure, Pt. 2 (or was it Pt. 3?). He doesn't appear in any of Conrad's "in class" IG photos and video this week. Ditto for Paige though this week she really was showing more surroundings than people. Any images with Jason in it were clearly taken at the Great Wall.

Crossing my fingers for you CO fans to get to see him in action at the PFT. And good luck to all the competitors attending as well!

The Broadmoor Open really needs to imbibe some of Ted B's spirit and provide a free stream. Possibly because of TB, we can see free streams and archived videos of main summer fs competitions in Ontario and Québec. It's really nice to see juniors and seniors intro their new programs, and even younger skaters' performances are also available for anyone to watch and enjoy.

*would love to see Jason surprise me by appearing at the North York Summer Skate, but recalls the hockey netting :ddevil: making all the performances feel somewhat removed last year*

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@haleth, I am agreeing about the silence from China.

But Jason’s “I’m in a plane” social media is usually strong :scratch3:

We need a confirmed sighting!:devil:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you @katmari!:clap:

Now more useless speculation. [ETA: that is, my speculation is useless, not that this post was]: does it mean anything that the young skater met Jason at the Edea booth?:biggrin:

Last edited:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thank you @katmari!:clap:

Now more useless speculation. [ETA: that is, my speculation is useless, not that this post was]: does it mean anything that the young skater met Jason at the Edea booth?:biggrin:

I'll bet there is! A promo gig for Edea and a competition seems like reason enough to leave China. Can't wait to hear about his skate.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, now numerous IG tags of Jason at the Edea booth. Sweet:biggrin:

Let’s hope he’s skating:laugh: I don’t think the taggers would be saying “Good luck Jason” if he weren’t.:thumbsup:

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yes, now numerous IG tags of Jason at the Edea booth. Sweet:biggrin:

Let’s hope he’s skating:laugh: I don’t think the taggers would be saying “Good luck Jason” if he weren’t.:thumbsup:

Twitter user https://twitter.com/zucchilles is posting from the event and these are her recent tweets about Jason:

JASON ON THE ICE!

Jason is wearing black slacks and a striped blue polo.

Jason's jumps are beautiful and CLEAN!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
God bless Zucchilles and all reporters.

Sounds like DEH:hap85:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I love this one:

bad news: jason is everything i ever thought he would be and more, the sweetest guy ever and were talking about japan between autographs and photos

Jason raising the bar :laugh:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@zucchilles just changed her profile pic to the photo she took ten minutes ago of her and Jason.

Someone get this gal to the Fan Fest, stat!:agree:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And, to no one's great surprise, Jason wins:yahoo: Andrew T. in second, and Karen C. in third.

This my friends is my kind of comp:yes:

With the jet lag and a two year old exhibition, I'm impressed! Let's hope we see a fancam:pray:

Last edited:

Ross74

Medalist
Just got back from World Arena. :). Couldn’t stay for the last group but this was a lovely competition and I’m glad I went. Congrats to Jason on 1st! He looked pretty tired but put on a lovely show that was appreciated by the audience. I was especially impressed by Emmanuel Savary in the PFT. Beautiful artistry. Jason entertaining a long line of young fans waiting to get pictures with him as I was leaving was very sweet. :). Must go to bed. :bed:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I hope someone posts a video of Jason. Hope he had a good time and gets a couple of days rest now. Onward to a fruitful summer of training! Thanks for the link to Twitter! Never thought of DEH, but it clearly worked.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Hi all - sorry for my radio silence last night. I’m so happy I went! Jason was great. He skated his Waving through the Window ex, with about 20-30 seconds of music and with a few additional elements. I was bit concerned with how he would do under the circumstances, but everything was clean and beautiful. It was pretty interesting to watch how he handled the combined jet lag and altitude. He seemed a bit more internally focused than I’m used to seeing him, as if all his energy was gathered to make sure he got through the program. So there was a little bit less sparkle and verve than usual - which thankfully is okay for DEH. I will also say that his normally gorgeous posture was a bit less gorgeous than usual, but since he did a fantastic hydro blade, I’m guessing he was just tired and that it’s not a sign of back problems. Two things really struck me: first, he isn’t a kid anymore. He has a quiet maturity and confidence that is really nice. Second, he seems really comfortable relying on the new technique. There is a power and amplitude to his skating and jumps that really stood out. I think all of that bodes well for next season. I didn’t take a vid, but I’m pretty sure zucchilles on Twitter did and said she’d post it today.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Hi all - sorry for my radio silence last night. I’m so happy I went! Jason was great. He skated his Waving through the Window ex, with about 20-30 seconds of music and with a few additional elements. I was bit concerned with how he would do under the circumstances, but everything was clean and beautiful. It was pretty interesting to watch how he handled the combined jet lag and altitude. He seemed a bit more internally focused than I’m used to seeing him, as if all his energy was gathered to make sure he got through the program. So there was a little bit less sparkle and verve than usual - which thankfully is okay for DEH. I will also say that his normally gorgeous posture was a bit less gorgeous than usual, but since he did a fantastic hydro blade, I’m guessing he was just tired and that it’s not a sign of back problems. Two things really struck me: first, he isn’t a kid anymore. He has a quiet maturity and confidence that is really nice. Second, he seems really comfortable relying on the new technique. There is a power and amplitude to his skating and jumps that really stood out. I think all of that bodes well for next season. I didn’t take a vid, but I’m pretty sure zucchilles on Twitter did and said she’d post it today.

What a great review! Thank you!