Jason Brown | Page 793 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
forgot i'm on british summer time so the competition won't even start till 12am here, so by the time jason skates it'll be way too early/late in the morning for me to stay awake!! so i will go to sleep looking forward to excellent fresh new jason content tomorrow :love:

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
ok a heads up - they seem to have uploaded the peggy fleming trophy in full so you can skip parts - and Jason's programme is beautiful!! I don't know if it's going to be a short or long programme but without spoiling much it is piano based and he is stunning

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I just finished the Peggy Fleming Trophy stream. Jason's program was so beautiful. :( all the feelings. Such beautiful skating. A deserved win.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
He had me at the first pose! By the time we got to 30 seconds, I could feel the tears starting to come. In normal times, this would be stunning. In these times, with the short time he had on ice to prepare this, it is otherworldly. I am still reeling. Peggy said it all, he is magical! And I absolutely adore Jason in all black, form fitting skating costumes, because you can see all his beautiful lines and grace with no distraction. It was absolutely magnificent. I was more emotional about this skate than Schindler's List, honestly. I couldn't get over how absolutely beautiful this is. I'll be watching it over and over for the next few days. I could see all the work that Jason put into those dance classes during quarantine in this piece.

Many of the other skates were good as well. Quite happy with the top 3. And the format worked well. I hope we get more opportunities to see skaters perform like this. But for now, I must return to earth!

babyskate

On the Ice
I just finished the Peggy Fleming Trophy stream. Jason's program was so beautiful. :( all the feelings. Such beautiful skating. A deserved win.[/QUOTE
Just finished also. I agree with Peggy, I could have watched 5 minutes more. It was stunning and I had the chills the entire time. Cannot even believe this was done after such a short time on the ice.
i just hope we get the chance to see more.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So many literal chills. He is truly getting better and better every time we see him. Oh my god, if that is one of his programs for the season, I will die. Oh my god. Is he even of this world? I don't know anymore. I finished his program and was literally slumped in front of my computer screen in a trance. He is just so, so exceptional. We're blessed to see his gift.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't say anything about Jason's actual skate that hasn't been said before: but really, how does he do that? With no audience? On two days practice? Soooo beautiful....

But now I need to break the spell and say it: That music was the Piano meets the sound effects from Tristan & Iseult. I say with love, where does Rohene find these?

Dpbt

Spectator
Do you think Jason’s program might be extracted from the full stream and posted on YouTube? I cannot stream it - a long stream like that just buffers and breaks up for me.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So I am rather baked (legally) and watching the Peggy Flemming trophy inspired me to go down a Jason Brown rabbit hole.

Which has inspired me to give to you a side by side viewing of Jason debut of The Scent of Love at the 2015 Broadmoor open and his glorious finally at 2018 4CC.

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/5f12677e1af52-evojason-then-and-now.php

I think the audio is reasonably synced... but i have no musical taste and would not be offend if someone wanted to do better.

All the same it really is fun to see how it evolved, what changed and what did not. Particular look at his signature spiral. Rather fascinating to see a three year evolution.

Ross74

Medalist
el henry, did you see what Sandra Bezic tweeted about Jason and Toller tonight? I think I'll frame this. :luv17:

Sandra Bezic
@SandraBezic
You
@jasonbskates
and the walls of the Cricket Club took me back to the days of training there with Toller Cranston. He would have loved your skating. You embody the respect he had for the process, his work ethic and passion.

sworddance21

On the Ice
Some lovely skates in the Peggy Flemming trophy for sure, but there are not enough superlatives for Jason's skating. It is remarkable. That skate was breathtaking. Speed. Complicate choreography. Lines. Jumps. Just stunning. He's in a different league as far as skating skills than anyone skating today. Every time I see him skate now, I hear Tracey saying to him, "Oh, Jason. Oh, Boy. You are so special." Yes. He certainly is.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
el henry, did you see what Sandra Bezic tweeted about Jason and Toller tonight? I think I'll frame this.

@SandraBezic
You
@jasonbskates
and the walls of the Cricket Club took me back to the days of training there with Toller Cranston. He would have loved your skating. You embody the respect he had for the process, his work ethic and passion.

:luv17:

I am verklempt:drama:

:love:

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Do we think Melancholy could be one of Rohene's SPs? I would love to see it as a free skate programme but it was choreographed by Rohene and I'm assuming they're sticking with David Wilson for the long? Whatever they decide I NEED to see it again!! I tweeted to Jason that I needed an On Ice Perspectives version stat and he liked the tweet so...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Do we think Melancholy could be one of Rohene's SPs? I would love to see it as a free skate programme but it was choreographed by Rohene and I'm assuming they're sticking with David Wilson for the long? Whatever they decide I NEED to see it again!! I tweeted to Jason that I needed an On Ice Perspectives version stat and he liked the tweet so...

I just don't think it's an SP. It's 3:30, too long for an SP. Unless it's an expanded version of one of them?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Jason. :)

His PFT program is a version of one of his SPs, per McCarvel's update.

Obviously I agree that it would be great for Jordan to shoot many of the PFT programs, including Jason's.
But realistically, I am not going to hold my breath for Jordan and Jason to be in the same country.
I do not think that Jason should push his luck and return to the U.S. (for any non-dire reason), unless he is willing to risk an unforeseen delay getting back into Canada -- and willing to quarantine there for another fourteen days.
And as dedicated as Jordan is, fourteen days of quarantine in Canada would be asking a lot of him -- even if (???) he could make a case at the border crossing that his videography (which I love!) is "essential."

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
That music was the Piano meets the sound effects from Tristan & Iseult. I say with love, where does Rohene find these?
Whoa, this is spot on, totally!!! :agree: Definitely the magic of Rohene never ceases to amaze. Just when you think it can't get any better and you don't want to settle for anything less for the new program, which seems impossible and you want that perfect program to just go on (which the Piano program actually did, almost :biggrin:) But then he pulls out yet another incredible masterpiece and take your breath away.
I am not sure if I can say the same thing for David Wilson, to follow up SL... let's hope for the best!

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do you think Jason’s program might be extracted from the full stream and posted on YouTube? I cannot stream it - a long stream like that just buffers and breaks up for me.

Welcome to Jason's fan fest, post often. And I'm hopeful that it will be, because I know I will rewatch it many times. :)

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania

I will try. I'll post the link here if I succeed.