Jason Brown | Page 826 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Ross74

Medalist
It was fun seeing Jason in the stands rooting for Karen. And then again sitting with Karen rooting for Bradie. Karen skated lights out! Jason skates 1st in the last flight tomorrow. Looking forward to that! Good position for him, I think. It doesn't matter much, but he'll be warmed up and not as much time for nerves to kick in or too much thinking.
Oops, maybe I should have looked up from my laptop. 🙀 Thanks for that report!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I nearly cried when I saw Jason cheering and waving the US flag for Karen! Glad Jason has made it into the last group, good for his PCS (not that he should need it, but after the ladies short today, the politicking is STRONG!)

I missed that with Karen, so very much on brand for Jason!

I don't know how I feel about Jason skating first, such a change from tradition. Who am I kidding, everything makes me nervous:laugh:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Tomorrow will be a monumental day! Something to note,I put NBCSN on for my husband to watch this morning and I was on Peacock. At one point, the SN feed was actually ahead of Peacock. So I will have both on tomorrow if they are broadcasting on both. I want to see Jason skate as close to real time as possible! I'll be a nervous wreck, which is fine as long as Jason isn't a nervous wreck. Honestly, I've never seen him so confident. They are clearly working hard on that with him.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Everything crossed for Jason today!! I so hope we get to see Sinnerman again in exquisite glory! I think going 1st in his group could be good for him, he doesn't have to worry about the pressure of skating after Yuzuru/Nathan he just needs to go do his thing. I just hope they don't decide the "leave room" in the PCS for later skaters (aka if Jason goes cleans and doesn't get 10s across the board, I'm flying to Stockholm to start a riot lol).
Unfortunately I am in work all day and am in a meeting RIGHT OVER the time of Jason's short (ugh) so no watching live for me :( Luckily I subscribed to eurosport player so I can recap as soon as I am home!

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
*spoiler alert*

Wow, I went from
-almost crying with nervousness before Jason's program
to
-worrying at the possibility of the US men not getting three spots for the Olympics
real fast.
I didn't know Jason or Nathan can't go to Nebelhorn before someone in the men SP thread pointed it out.
A bit off topic, but I wouldn't want to be Vincent now. Jason was okayish. Seemed quite nervous going first.
(But I'm confused, will the three spots earned here be for the Olympics too or only for next Worlds? And can Vincent participate in Nebelhorn? Omg, this short was a lot and I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to Olympic spots).

Last edited:

Zaki

On the Ice
*spoiler alert*

Wow, I went from
-almost crying with nervousness before Jason's program
to
-worrying at the possibility of the US men not getting three spots for the Olympics
real fast.
I didn't know Jason or Nathan can't go to Nebelhorn before someone in the men SP thread pointed it out.
A bit off topic, but I wouldn't want to be Vincent now. Jason was okayish. Seemed quite nervous going first.
(But I'm confused, will the three spots earned here be for the Olympics too or only for next Worlds? And can Vincent participate in Nebelhorn? Omg, this short was a lot and I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to Olympic spots).
Vincent can go to Nebelhorn because he didn't qualify for the Free here. If Nathan and Jason's combined results is less than 13 (ex: if Nathan places 3rd then Jason has to place 9th at least) USA earn 3 spots for the Olympics (2 are guaranteed but the 3rd spot must be earned in Nebelhorn by someone else than Jason or Nathan).

edit to clarify that "2 are guaranteed but the 3rd spot must be earned in Nebelhorn" is because Vincent didn't make the Free. ^^ I hope this helps.

Last edited:

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
Vincent could go to Nebelhorn because he didn't qualify for the Free here. If Nathan and Jason's combined results is less than 13 (ex: if Nathan places 3rd then Jason has to place 9th al least) USA earn 3 spots for the Olympics (2 are guaranteed but the 3rd spot must be earned in Nebelhorn by someone else than Jason or Nathan).

edit to clarify that "2 are guaranteed but the 3rd spot must be earned in Nebelhorn" is because Vincent didn't make the Free. ^^ I hope this helps.
Oh, now I see. Thank you!!

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Jason’s PCS 🤡🤡🤡
I am sad, deflated, but also raging at his PCS. One judge gave him 8.5 for skating skills. 8.5!!!! He should have been 2 PCS points higher - and in the final flight.
I worry being in the penultimate group might reduce his PCS even more ☹

however, i’m glad he went clean and i hope he feels confident going in to the FS!

Apple1078

Final Flight
Jason does it again. I don't like to do wuzrobbing, but underscored in PCS. That skate deserved All. The. PCS. :love:

Deja vu all over again, Nathan and Jason responsible for adding up to 13 for the Olys. Now I need to be nervous again😭
Utterly shocked about Vincent so yes, more pressure on Jason and Nathan. And everyone has been so used to Nathan taking the pressure off the others but not so much this time (and who knows how he'll react on Saturday, go all out or play it safer?). There's certainly pressure on Jason now. I don't like it. 😭

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
Jason’s PCS 🤡🤡🤡
I am sad, deflated, but also raging at his PCS. One judge gave him 8.5 for skating skills. 8.5!!!! He should have been 2 PCS points higher - and in the final flight.

however, i’m glad he went clean and i hope he feels confident going in to the FS!
I don't think his PCS will get reduced for not being in the last group or at least I hope so. From what I've seen (I could be wrong though) the judges did dirty at least Kolyada and Aymoz too in PCS, so pretty linear throughout the competition with the PCS. But who knows. Maybe not being in the last group and skating after Junhwan will make Jason less nervous on the other hand.
I don't know about skating last in the group, but I don't think it will affect him, I think he's gotten used to it.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Jason does it again. I don't like to do wuzrobbing, but underscored in PCS. That skate deserved All. The. PCS. :love:

Deja vu all over again, Nathan and Jason responsible for adding up to 13 for the Olys. Now I need to be nervous again😭
It was so sad to see Vincent crumble like that when he’s capable of so much better. Hopefully Nathan and Jason will qualify three Olympic spots, and Vincent will bounce back and actually earn the third spot at Nebelhorn.

I do worry a bit about the pressure on Jason and wonder whether it will cause him to rethink putting the 4S in the free skate. I’m guessing (hoping!) Nathan will skate lights out on Saturday, but even if he does, Jason doesn’t have a big margin for error. He’s such a team player, though, that it will probably strengthen his resolve. I just hope that if the US does end up with three Olympic spots, Jason gets one of them this time.

Regarding scoring, I actually thought his PCS was not terrible, but I was surprised at his GOE, which seemed kind of stingy compared to what he’s earned in past SPs. Even before they called the 3Aq, his TES was only about 48, rather than the 50-52 he earned for similar programs in the past 2 seasons. Not sure whether it was just this judging panel, a consequence of this essentially being his first international comp of the season, or something else, but it was noticeable.

All of that said, I was really happy to see him skate again, and really happy just to watch a full comp (I watched ALL of the ladies SPs for probably the first time ever)!

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
I do worry a bit about the pressure on Jason and wonder whether it will cause him to rethink putting the 4S in the free skate.
I hope not... He can do so well with or without it points wise. He seems so much stronger mentally now and it would be a little unfair for him as an individual skater to not try the quad and being left wondering what could have been. But, who knows, he could even get bronze with a triple instead of a quad attempt. Surprises happen and the pressure will be high on the last group as well.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I hope not... He can do so well with or without it points wise. He seems so much stronger mentally now and it would be a little unfair for him as an individual skater to not try the quad and being left wondering what could have been. But, who knows, he could even get bronze with a triple instead of a quad attempt. Surprises happen and the pressure will be high on the last group as well.
I agree surprises can happen but I think it will be tough for him to medal here. It would require him to skate perfectly and for most of the guys ahead of him to skate poorly. I will be happy if he just manages the pressure and skates well. 😊

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
I agree surprises can happen but I think it will be tough for him to medal here. It would require him to skate perfectly and for most of the guys ahead of him to skate poorly. I will be happy if he just manages the pressure and skates well. 😊
I know and my hopes are not very high either, but what I was trying to say is that Jason could score high with or without the quad-successful or not. That being said, I'd rather see him try the quad, but him squealy clean with a triple would make me very happy as well. I want him to leave this competition feeling like he achieved something important for him, but we'll see.

Last edited:

sdwyer52

On the Ice
Jason’s PCS 🤡🤡🤡

sdwyer52

On the Ice
I was disappointed with Jason’s PCS scores too. Some skaters are singled out to get the high marks because certain officials want them to win big events. I’m hoping Jason can relax and settle in for the FS. I hope to see him confident, smiling, and just doing what he feels safe with.

sdwyer52

On the Ice
I know and my hopes are not very high either, but what I was trying to say is that Jason could score high with or without the quad-successful or not. That being said, I'd rather see him try the quad, but him squealy clean with a triple would make me very happy as well. I want him to leave this competition feeling like he achieved something important for him, but we'll see.
Agreed! I feel good about Saturday for him.
I don't think his PCS will get reduced for not being in the last group or at least I hope so. From what I've seen (I could be wrong though) the judges did dirty at least Kolyada and Aymoz too in PCS, so pretty linear throughout the competition with the PCS. But who knows. Maybe not being in the last group and skating after Junhwan will make Jason less nervous on the other hand.
I don't know about skating last in the group, but I don't think it will affect him, I think he's gotten used to it.
I was happy to see Jun skate so well today. He looked so down and defeated competing in Korea. It will be great when they all get back together in Toronto. The coaches were happy too.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Jason’s PCS 🤡🤡🤡

Judge number 1 gave noticeably low PCS to all the skaters except Aymoz. I have heard it was the judge from GB, but that is hearsay.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And the praise from former skaters:

1. Scott Hamilton:

Watching #WorldFigure2021 and the brilliance of @jasonbskates
What a fantastic SP! He might be bested in the air, but NO ONE can beat him when his feet are on the ice! I could watch him skate all day!

2. Asher Hill:

10s across the board! I will accept nothing less. Rohene Ward and Jason Brown amazing work! #WorldFigure #Stockholm2021 #Beijing2022 #isu #figureskating #CBCSkate

and Tai Babilonia responded: Exquisite

3. Kaetlyn Osmond

The intricacy in Jason’s program is outstanding. Transitions connecting every second of the music, showing just the true art of skating! Mixed with completely solid elements!

:clap: