Jason Brown | Page 872 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw that - somehow I missed that Kolyada has chosen Schindler's list also. It'll certainly be interesting to see them back to back. Honestly, I don't understand that at all. Maybe he chose the music not knowing that Jason was planning to bring that program back for the Oly season?

I was told when I asked in the thread dedicated to this choice that Mishin (who chose the music) did not know that Jason was keeping his SL program. Frankly, since Jason had announced it two months before, if Mishin didn't know... well:scratch2:. this is not the thread to discuss Misha and his programs.

And Sinnerman and Nutcracker are two very different pieces of music (to state the obvious ;) ) so tomorrow we will not have that issue,

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I saw that - somehow I missed that Kolyada has chosen Schindler's list also. It'll certainly be interesting to see them back to back. Honestly, I don't understand that at all. Maybe he chose the music not knowing that Jason was planning to bring that program back for the Oly season?
It's a foolish choice. I can't believe they wouldn't have known that Jason had chosen to use it again. It's one thing to inadvertently offer up the comparison - but this is basically inviting the comparison into your home and cooking it dinner! And we already know how good Jason's is. The comparison won't be flattering to Kolyada.

Zaki

On the Ice
I paid about 8 Euro total for today so that means that I can only watch the Men SP, right?

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I paid about 8 Euro total for today so that means that I can only watch the Men SP, right?

You probably got a day pass, which means you can see the special Olympics presentation (currently being streamed), then the pairs SP and the men’s SP. You would need to buy another pass for tomorrow unless there’s a free stream somewhere. Check your email receipt - it should give you a link to today’s livestream (it’s already live if you want to check your access).

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
Looking at the judges scores, Jason's first spin was only level 3. Everything else was fine though. He may have lost a point on the axel, but not a big deal. He looked quite nervous, but he delivered which shows his experience and the good coaching.
And I like the costume. :)

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
He did very well for first comp of season and thankfully much better than his last outing at WTT. Looking forward to FS tomorrow!

ETA he skates second to last, after Misha and before Keegan.
At WTT the SP was good, 94+ points, the FS was messy even though he did stand up on the quad. But he was all alone, now he has Tracy with him and a different FS.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
At WTT the SP was good, 94+ points, the FS was messy even though he did stand up on the quad. But he was all alone, now he has Tracy with him and a different FS.

Was it? I forgot that. I guess bc FS was last it stuck in my mind. In any case, he’s never scored as well with this program as with Love is a B. Not sure why. Can’t really tell what changes they made here.

Yes it’s good Tracy’s here and looking forward to seeing SL again. And seeing the new costume in action!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
It's a mystery for me, but in the future he'll probably score as high because everyone seems to be in awe with it...

True, but they were in awe of it last season too! Of course last season was so weird it might not be fair to judge scores. Usually you get better as season progresses and scores rise, but since there were fewer than normal comps that didn’t seem to happen. Anyway I guess we’ll see what tomorrow brings!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I watched the live feed on my phone and it was hard to keep him centered on the small screen, but I just finished watching a youtube feed. There is room for improvement on that SP for sure. But I think this was a great start to the season. Hoping the FS goes really, really well for him. I'll be watching on my computer and will be able to see it much better.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Can we all now agree that next time Lease opens his fat lying mouth about Jason he's to be thoroughly ignored?

Jason couldn't have made it clearer this morning that Lease was making everything up. He in no way looked like he was coming off a serious injury and that he was in any kind of doubt for GP.

Dpbthomas1

On the Ice
Has this article about Rohene been posted yet? Interesting .. and he talks some about Jason and the first time he ever worked with him.
Oh, and they had done a Riverdance SP in addition to Melancholy snd Sinnerman! I desperately want to see that!!!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has this article about Rohene been posted yet? Interesting .. and he talks some about Jason and the first time he ever worked with him.

Thanks, I didn't realize this was online now; I had read the hard copy version. A really interesting article with new info.

I like where Rohene says:

The philosophy is you are not doing this for yourself; you are doing this for all the people that are going to come to watch you.
I tell all my students that we are not here just to show people how pretty our jumps are. We are here to make them feel something.

This is a performance sport — not the other way around — and as it is a performing sport, it is not just about how many times you can rotate or how many jumps you can land.
My main thing is how many people can you touch? Can you leave the ice and have everyone talking about you? How can we make everyone talk about you?

Of course, Jason fulfills that in triplicate. :clap:

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Looking at the judges scores, Jason's first spin was only level 3. Everything else was fine though. He may have lost a point on the axel, but not a big deal. He looked quite nervous, but he delivered which shows his experience and the good coaching.
And I like the costume. :)
His spins were not as centeres as usual. This leaves me to believe there is something wrong with the ice. The first clue was the total splatfest of a competition, but usually Jason can do amazing spins in his sleep and here he struggled a bit.

Well done Jason though, such a fantastic performance 👏

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
His spins were not as centeres as usual. This leaves me to believe there is something wrong with the ice. The first clue was the total splatfest of a competition, but usually Jason can do amazing spins in his sleep and here he struggled a bit.

Well done Jason though, such a fantastic performance 👏
Maybe, but his other spins had 4 and 5 GOEs (or whatever you call that) across all judges, but I'm very far from being an expert in scoring FS. He did lose his balance after landing the axel (aka step out), but it could be a lack of focus due to too much adrenaline and stuff not necessarily the ice. Also, the level 3 spin was after the axel step out, he could've been worried about jumps and not completely focused.
But I agree that everyone seemed off or off-ish yesterday, not even Keegan was at his full potential so who knows...

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Maybe, but his other spins had 4 and 5 GOEs (or whatever you call that) across all judges, but I'm very far from being an expert in scoring FS. He did lose his balance after landing the axel (aka step out), but it could be a lack of focus due to too much adrenaline and stuff not necessarily the ice. Also, the level 3 spin was after the axel step out, he could've been worried about jumps and not completely focused.
But I agree that everyone seemed off or off-ish yesterday, not even Keegan was at his full potential so who knows...
Tbh I'm going to say (at least for first spin) that it did travel a lot. No insult to Jason though, he is basically a spin God. There, he may have been scored on reputation though.

It's less the fact its only Jason, and more the fact that the competition was a disaster for almost everybody. Jason, credit to him, was the only skater who made every single jumping pass. Every other skater I saw made errors on jumping passes - but Jason, showing his improvement in consistency managed to keep everything together.

I will always be wowed by the program in 10years time I think, but there were mistakes here. I do think, based on the field in general, there could be something with the ice.