Jason Brown | Page 798 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Indeed! I am so glad that finally someone points out the truth about the incredible quality of his skating. A Japanese friend of mine contributed a screen shot of the original article so I could translate it, according to her Nobu regularly praises Jason, and when the announcer keeps going on about his lack of quads, he tries to stress on his other quality. Nobu for president! I wish he could speak out to the international platform! :agree:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason's 4T in practice at Helsinki, as filmed by Jackie Wong:

https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/1303876143372742663

The cave with no public practices :) I hope we get to see him skate this year:pray:

If you scroll down from Jackie's post on that twitter feed, there is another by Hitomi Hasegawa. It will translate into English. It's a snippet about the online by subscription talk that Jason recently did for Japanese fans. Hitomi published a transcript of his interview in Japanese, available for 500 yen. I didn't attempt to buy that (I have no idea how much 500 yen is or whether it will translate into English) but he hints at Jason's new program in the twitter feed. He says that Jason gave more details in the online interview. I assume that those are in the transcript.

Ross74

Medalist
I'm watching the Colorado Springs Invitational being streamed live from Monument and the Jason banners are making me emotional.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If you scroll down from Jackie's post on that twitter feed, there is another by Hitomi Hasegawa. It will translate into English. It's a snippet about the online by subscription talk that Jason recently did for Japanese fans. Hitomi published a transcript of his interview in Japanese, available for 500 yen. I didn't attempt to buy that (I have no idea how much 500 yen is or whether it will translate into English) but he hints at Jason's new program in the twitter feed. He says that Jason gave more details in the online interview. I assume that those are in the transcript.

For the curious, 500 yen is about $6.50 in Aussie dollarydoos and $4.70 USD.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
following the news of zhenya's coaching switch back to eteri, i'm filled with feelings of a) profound sadness that we will not get to see more snippets of jason and evgenia together as their relationship was so sweet, and b) profound relief that jason was able to get back to canada and to his coaches at TCC - a feat it seems not many are accomplishing right now.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
following the news of zhenya's coaching switch back to eteri, i'm filled with feelings of a) profound sadness that we will not get to see more snippets of jason and evgenia together as their relationship was so sweet, and b) profound relief that jason was able to get back to canada and to his coaches at TCC - a feat it seems not many are accomplishing right now.
I found the whole thing rather depressing. Yes, very glad that Jason got back into Canada and can train. But the training atmosphere must be completely different with Jun, Yuzu and Zhenya not there. They pushed each other to be better. And now it's clear that Zhenya will not ever be back. There are plenty of younger Canadian skaters there, but Jason didn't seem to be particularly close to them. So I worry that it could be a long, rather lonely winter for Jason.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
One positive thing is he will get a whole lot more attention from the staff now!
Possibly. There are other skaters there who Brian works with, but 4 of the top 5 are elsewhere. Rika Khira was also supposed to be at TCC this season, but is currently in Switzerland with Lambiel because she can't get into Canada either. So Jason is all that is left of their International skaters as far as I know. It's bound to be a very different atmosphere. Training with upper level skaters was a big advantage to Jason over the past two years. Still, Jason is adaptable and has a good bond with Tracy, so I don't think training will be a problem. Socially, it's unfortunate. Jason used to drive Zhenya to and from the rink every day. I'm sure that he misses that. I'm sure that Zhenya does too. But she's in Russia with her family and friends. Jason is in a basement apartment, alone. It worries me.

Ross74

Medalist
I found the whole thing rather depressing. Yes, very glad that Jason got back into Canada and can train. But the training atmosphere must be completely different with Jun, Yuzu and Zhenya not there. They pushed each other to be better. And now it's clear that Zhenya will not ever be back. There are plenty of younger Canadian skaters there, but Jason didn't seem to be particularly close to them. So I worry that it could be a long, rather lonely winter for Jason.
Well, according to this post, U.S. skater Emilia Murdock recently moved to TCC and her coaches are going to be Tracy and Karen Preston. She was going to make her Senior debut at Nationals last January but had to withdraw. So at least he'll have another American there. :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so selfish, I immediately thought of Jason and Zhenya too, and how sad I would be to not see them training together anymore:cry: But that happens in skating, like in life, folks move on, and I am sure they will always be friends.

I don’t worry about Jason being lonely so much. The day that Jason can’t make friends is the day that the earth stands still. And to be honest, almost everyone at TCC was so much younger than Jason, even Zhenya (five years is a big gap at that age). Except Yuzu, and of course he is a law unto himself;)

in Jason-friend-related news, I think Rohene has intimated on IG that he is on staff at the Fox Valley rink now. Does anyone else think that is what he was saying? He can’t gallivant around the world with ice shows now either 😛

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I am so selfish, I immediately thought of Jason and Zhenya too, and how sad I would be to not see them training together anymore:cry: But that happens in skating, like in life, folks move on, and I am sure they will always be friends.

I don’t worry about Jason being lonely so much. The day that Jason can’t make friends is the day that the earth stands still. And to be honest, almost everyone at TCC was so much younger than Jason, even Zhenya (five years is a big gap at that age). Except Yuzu, and of course he is a law unto himself;)

in Jason-friend-related news, I think Rohene has intimated on IG that he is on staff at the Fox Valley rink now. Does anyone else think that is what he was saying? He can’t gallivant around the world with ice shows now either 😛
At some point, a paycheck becomes desirable. I'm sure Ro is glad for the opportunity.

Yuzu is staying in Japan for now and there is no word on Jun. . It was clear at comps that Jason, Yuzu and Jun got along very well. But only Jason is currently at TCC. Jason can be friendly with anyone, I think. But he and Zhenya really complimented each other. So I'm sure he's going to miss her. I don't know how Zhenya feels about this change, but I honestly think she had no real choice. They'll see each other at competitions and shows, I guess.

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
I don't think Jason will be affected. Coaches have more time for him, and he's probably very focused on and occupied with his goals and to be the best skater he can be. And also, Jason is naturally a very optimistic person. He seems like the kind of athlete that can cope very well with difficulties and just keep going. This is so important for someone who wants a long career and not just to win, win, win. He's strong.

Last edited:

fzztsimmons

On the Ice

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
... not sure what I think of these choices tbh! Haven't heard the FS music so need to give it a listen before I form any opinions, but I'm not too sure on the SP yet. Partly because his last two SP's have been SO good I don't know if anything can compare! Also it is VERY fast and up-tempo? But then I guess this may be a kinda make-do season so may not matter as much in the long run... I did really love his SP to Melancholy though at PFT...

Anyway I know Jason will probably completely amaze me with these programmes, the little snippets showed some different choreo and movements from what we've seen from him (i'm just holding out for new spin positions now)

i believe this is the version jason is using for his FS.

Last edited:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
... not sure what I think of these choices tbh! Haven't heard the FS music so need to give it a listen before I form any opinions, but I'm not too sure on the SP yet. Partly because his last two SP's have been SO good I don't know if anything can compare! Also it is VERY fast and up-tempo? But then I guess this may be a kinda make-do season so may not matter as much in the long run... I did really love his SP to Melancholy though at PFT...

Anyway I know Jason will probably completely amaze me with these programmes, the little snippets showed some different choreo and movements from what we've seen from him (i'm just holding out for new spin positions now)

i believe this is the version jason is using for his FS.
I'm not sure about the SP music either, but if you want to see someone skating to it, Moa Iwano used it for the 2nd half of her SP last season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzxCKfXlfHg
Starts around 2:50.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, Slaughter on Tenth Avenue. I didn't see that one coming. At least it's not the Ventures' version.;) (

I'm looking forward to Sinnerman. It's been a while since we had a peppy SP.

And that ending on Sinnerman:love: Pure Jason!