Jason Brown | Page 801 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
173 is an interesting score - not as high as his 180 from 4CCs so I'm assuming still no quad in the free.
I also know I can probably find this out on internet but how did ISP work again - could you film more than one attempt?
But a pretty good score for second place, I imagine only really Vincent is likely to outscore him in the second round?

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
I'm assuming it's not easy to give "accurate" scores having only a video, and not even a "professional video" to judge from. But I'm glad we at least have something given the circumstances.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
173 is an interesting score - not as high as his 180 from 4CCs so I'm assuming still no quad in the free.
I also know I can probably find this out on internet but how did ISP work again - could you film more than one attempt?
But a pretty good score for second place, I imagine only really Vincent is likely to outscore him in the second round?
I think that is a good analysis. I am wondering if he went for the quad and fell. As far as I know, only one attempt was permitted. And someone had to verify that. If Vince is succesfully landing quads, he should move into 2nd place. Once we can see Jason's FS, we'll know more. But my initial response was that the SP score was good, but the FS score was a little low. Still, for early in the season, it's a good start!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Here you can find the link to Senior SP (min. 22:58) and FS (min. 33:30). I found the link in Nathan's FF thanks to sheetz. :)
^_^

Really happy to see this. I was not sold on the first part of the choreo, but Jason isn't fully into it yet. I expect that it will change and improve as the season progresses. The second half looked much better. He got into character and started feeling the music. We'll see where this goes. Love the cheering section in the background.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
the step sequence in the SP was litttttt!! the split jump on the music to the spiral and exit?? ugh i think it'll be great when he's fully into it, he seemed a bit tentative in the first half (getting the jumps out of the way maybe) but i loved the ending.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
the FS... i am less sold on right now in terms of choreo. the opening felt like there was a lot of skating round the rink and a distinct absence of armography? which is something jason excels well at is whole body movement and it felt a bit empty. also jump content-wise no quad (triple toe placeholder again) and only one 3-3 combo (lutz-eu-sal), i think the 3Flip-2T was meant to be a 3-3 but went a bit scratchy.
But considering it's the start of the season he's doing well. I can only imagine that these programmes will continue to grow with whatever outings they get across the year!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Both programs are amazing in terms of speed, stamina. Short seemed to be more pulled together than the Free ... shows off Jason’s dance abilities in a different, new way.. it is terrific!! Free is fast but has a beautiful lyrical center; the whole piece has the potential to truly shine .. Jordan Cowan of OnIcePerpectives said in the comments of Jason’s earlier Instagram B & W video clip that he could not wait to film the programs... hope this happens and will look for it!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
the FS... i am less sold on right now in terms of choreo. the opening felt like there was a lot of skating round the rink and a distinct absence of armography? which is something jason excels well at is whole body movement and it felt a bit empty. also jump content-wise no quad (triple toe placeholder again) and only one 3-3 combo (lutz-eu-sal), i think the 3Flip-2T was meant to be a 3-3 but went a bit scratchy.
But considering it's the start of the season he's doing well. I can only imagine that these programmes will continue to grow with whatever outings they get across the year!
I think the first half of the FS will change a lot as training continues. I agree that it looked empty and that he was not into it yet. The second half of the program was much more complete and he was more engaged. I'm not 100% sold on the music cuts. But that might change too. It was a good effort and Jason will make it better with time and work. Also, the camera work was not as good as for Peggy Fleming and there were distractions on the ice in the persons of his training mates. More professional camera work might have been called for her. But mission accomplished.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Can't watch yet (work) but just want to note that its no surprise if the FS is behind the SP, the SP had several weeks' head start.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did anyone notice that Bradie Tennell said to Jason on IG, I'm so glad you picked that SP, as though she had seen him skate it before? Maybe she was training at Fox Valley?

I am already in love with Sinnerman. Rohene's step sequences will get me every time. And I don't find the music that off-putting, maybe because I'm so happy they're not using "I Put a Spell on You" if they using Nina Simone.;)

Slaughter will need to grow on me, but 173 for a less finished program, and a stumble, is an excellent score. And the triple flip🙌

and the camera work could be better... we definitely need Jordan C!

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I'm impressed with how fit and confident Jason looked- especially for September. I think people sometimes forget what a strong competitor he is behind his friendly, cheerful personality. It makes me think of one of the earlier interviews where Brian was asked about him and they talked about him being 'too nice' at competition. I think he's really finding a way to be himself while still focusing on himself as a serious competitor.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
A fun glimpse of Jason is on Instastory of edgesofglory this morning.

Jo Phan is taking over the account today, and he posted some shots of various training-mates outside at TCC.

Jason mugs for the camera 🙃 as he is warming up.