Jason Brown | Page 803 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The jump on the top is a 4T (he hits the ice before the take-off with his left foot), the other one is a 4S (it's one of the 3 edge jumps -S, A and Lo).
I really like the HEIGHT of the quads event tho, watching in slow-motion, I still have a liiiittle bit of a doubt on the landing of the 4S.
I haven't seen it in slow motion. I did try to focus on the landing, but it was hard to tell. For whatever reason, even though I have watched carefully and learned the techniques that the jumps require, I can never spot them except for the axel. I never skated, so it's like a foreign language I've rarely heard. I'll look at that landing again. It looked like he got a nice relaxed knee bend and a solid landing, as opposed to the 4T, which had a stiff landing and looked slightly under.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
OK, I watched the landing several times again. I don't have a way of slowing it down, but I see what you mean. It moves quite quickly into the curve, so it could be called on that basis. It's pretty close, though, at least from that camera angle.

Zaki

On the Ice
OK, I watched the landing several times again. I don't have a way of slowing it down, but I see what you mean. It moves quite quickly into the curve, so it could be called on that basis. It's pretty close, though, at least from that camera angle.

I found the slow-motion video I watched on IG (tell me if you can watch it): https://www.instagram.com/p/CF27sPIJJIV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The quality of the video itself is not the best so it is hard to tell. Anyway I think it's clear he has the jumps, they are not consistent enough in competition. Maybe the extra-time for training will help him to make them more consistent. *fingerscrossed*
Uh, I'm not a skater either so basically I worked out a way to be easier to differentiate each jump for me xD

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I found the slow-motion video I watched on IG (tell me if you can watch it): https://www.instagram.com/p/CF27sPIJJIV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The quality of the video itself is not the best so it is hard to tell. Anyway I think it's clear he has the jumps, they are not consistent enough in competition. Maybe the extra-time for training will help him to make them more consistent. *fingerscrossed*
Uh, I'm not a skater either so basically I worked out a way to be easier to differentiate each jump for me xD
It's a tough call! The 4T is definitely UR. The Sal landing does go straight back for a bit, but then turns a little more quickly than optimal. It's close! It's so close I would say that he has that one if nerves don't get in the way. The 4T is not there yet. This is just one sample, though. If he succeeds in landing these, it will be a huge victory and he'll have proved the doubters wrong. And I think he can do it. He's so determined! We'll see! His jump technique is so much stronger now. It's all about consistency now.

I try so hard to identify jumps by take off, but they go so fast and I can't distinguish the nuances. I've tried! I'll keep trying. I could do it slowmo, but not in real time. With all the transitions in and out, it's hard!

Zaki

On the Ice
I think that if he decides to try for the 2nd opportunity of ISP he should try the quad because his first FS attempt was really good! I hope he will go for it.
The 4T is definitely UR. The Sal landing does go straight back for a bit, but then turns a little more quickly than optimal. It's close! It's so close I would say that he has that one if nerves don't get in the way. The 4T is not there yet.
For me it's so much harder to determine when a jump is a little UR or not ... :scratch2: while you are so good at it.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think that if he decides to try for the 2nd opportunity of ISP he should try the quad because his first FS attempt was really good! I hope he will go for it.

For me it's so much harder to determine when a jump is a little UR or not ... :scratch2: while you are so good at it.
Somehow I can see it. I've been in arenas and I can see it better than in a recorded view at normal speed.. But I can't tell you which jump it is. Except an axel. Sigh...

I didn't know he could opt for another go for the ISP. Has the list been released? I'd love to see him again. I think Jordan might be in Toronto now. Maybe they can have him do the video? He was planning to do recordings of Jason anyway, I believe. He did some videos for the Dancers in Montreal using his iPhone. He said it's easier to zoom in with his iPhone.

Zaki

On the Ice
I think all the videos will be uploaded on October 6. If I am not mistaken the skaters can submit videos both time if they want.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I watche
It's a tough call! The 4T is definitely UR. The Sal landing does go straight back for a bit, but then turns a little more quickly than optimal. It's close! It's so close I would say that he has that one if nerves don't get in the way. The 4T is not there yet. This is just one sample, though. If he succeeds in landing these, it will be a huge victory and he'll have proved the doubters wrong. And I think he can do it. He's so determined! We'll see! His jump technique is so much stronger now. It's all about consistency now.

I try so hard to identify jumps by take off, but they go so fast and I can't distinguish the nuances. I've tried! I'll keep trying. I could do it slowmo, but not in real time. With all the transitions in and out, it's hard!
I watched his Quads in slow-mo and the 4T was more close to being around than the 4S. The 4S looked nearly downgraded, he lands around 170° short and rotates the rest on the ice. The 4T was around the quarter mark, more a q than a <. So I would go for the 4T.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I didn't know he could opt for another go for the ISP. Has the list been released? I'd love to see him again. I think Jordan might be in Toronto now. Maybe they can have him do the video? He was planning to do recordings of Jason anyway, I believe. He did some videos for the Dancers in Montreal using his iPhone ....

The ISP Points Challenge was structured to give every ISP skater two opportunities to compete. (Exception: It is possible that skaters who are extremely recent additions to the ISP would have missed their first opportunity.)
USFS does not release the official full list of participants for each opportunity until the same day that the videos and results from that opportunity are published.
[Some individual skaters have chosen to make mention in advance (in interviews and/or on social media) about their participation.]
As Zaki said, Oct 6 is the scheduled release date for the second round of all senior disciplines + junior dance.

I continue to be optimistic that Jordan will shoot with Jason at some point in the next two months (before Jordan leaves Canada).
My two cents are that I am not optimistic that Jordan shot Jason's programs for the second round of the ISP Points Challenge.
Singles skaters were required to record their second-round short programs on Oct 1 and second-round free skates on Oct 2.
Jordan shot in Montreal on the mandatory date for RDs of Sep 30; my guess would be that he also recorded FDs there on the mandatory date of Oct 1. (AFAIK, Jordan arrived in Toronto on Oct 2.)

FWIW, yesterday I edited the following into my previous post:
... ETA (on Oct 3):
Yesterday in natnbruce's "who is more likely to ..." Instastory Q & A, someone's ;) question was who is more likely to "be filmed by OIP while he is in Toronto the next two months 😂." Their answer was to DM them to organize it, so the "someone" must have been Jordan.​
(For anyone who does not know, natnbruce are Canadian ice dancers who train at TCC.)​

Am I the only one who found the exact composition of Jason's answer to the "favorite person (non family member)" question to be of note?
With the combination of his wording + his wink emoji, seemed to me that he wanted to share the possibility of a future change in status regarding family/non-family?? (Regardless of one of his other answers during his Insta takeover.)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For what it's worth (and it isn't much) I never thought that Millie and Jason were anything other than best buds. Even with all the cutesy hearts when he was traveling cross country. I took the "for now" as good natured kidding of a best friend.

But heaven knows that's just a guess.:)

I do like Jason's separate social media posts with encouragement to vote. I wish our "I voted" stickers were bilingual, so it could say "Yo voté" like Jason's. I guess he is formally part of "Americans abroad" and his vote goes in that special envelope.

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
For what it's worth (and it isn't much) I never thought that Millie and Jason were anything other than best buds. Even with all the cutesy hearts when he was traveling cross country. I took the "for now" as good natured kidding of a best friend.
Is his brother married or something? Or maybe just my imagination running wild :)) It's late here and I'm tired. :)

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I watche

I watched his Quads in slow-mo and the 4T was more close to being around than the 4S. The 4S looked nearly downgraded, he lands around 170° short and rotates the rest on the ice. The 4T was around the quarter mark, more a q than a <. So I would go for the 4T.
I'll look at it again, but I didn't see that Sal coming up short. I see that he goes straight back very briefly and then right into a long curve. I'll watch more carefully for the takeoff and try to count rotations. The landing of the 4T looked like it was stiff and kept going. But he's not far off the mark for actually being able to compete these jumps. He's in the neighborhood.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So no Jason in the second ISP challenge, I wonder why he decided not to go for the second opportunity?
I saw that he did not submit a second skate either, and I wish we knew why.
:frown:
And I know this is not his FF, but no Andrew T. in either ISP Challenge.

Skating life is not worth living (joke, joke, joke):drama:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
So no Jason in the second ISP challenge, I wonder why he decided not to go for the second opportunity?
He's most likely solidly in second to Nathan, so he may have preferred to just do one take. Maybe the video didn't work out? Hopefully there is nothing more to the decision. He's got an extra week to get ready for SCI. He is probably trying to get that quad in the free nailed down. And I really hope he can!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
NBC has posted its broadcast schedule for the year for Figure Skating. SCI and all the other GPs will get one 90 minute broadcast for the entire competition on NBCs regular broadcast schedule. If you want to watch Jason live, you will need to sign up for Peacock Premium if you are in the US. They are providing some live coverage of SKAM. And a fair amount of live coverage for Nationals in January. I'm sure that there will be more on this elsewhere in the forum.

Last edited:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I was counting on ISU for live streaming of any of their major competitions also this season, no? :eek:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was counting on ISU for live streaming of any of their major competitions also this season, no? :eek:
Maybe outside the US?

although you would think with no audience, they could just stream everywhere....