Jason Brown | Page 804 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Maybe outside the US?

although you would think with no audience, they could just stream everywhere....

I will speak in terms of USFS, although the same concept probably applies to some other federations, such as Skate Canada:

In order to hold 2020 Skate America, USFS is incurring many expenses that will not disappear just because spectators are not allowed.
More than ever -- without the normal revenue from ticket sales to spectators -- I think revenue from selling U.S. media rights understandably will become only more precious to USFS.

If the ISU streaming were not geo-blocked in the U.S., the media rights would become almost worthless.

If the ISU were to decide not to geo-block this year, I would be more than happy to watch its streaming.
But I would be surprised by such a decision.

Last edited:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I would hope ISU will clarify the matter quickly. My Kaspersky secure connection is expiring in 6 days!!! I was able to watch all the ISU live streaming because of it last season. It doesn't cost that much but if I didn't have to pay, that's even better :biggrin:

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
I would hope ISU will clarify the matter quickly. My Kaspersky secure connection is expiring in 6 days!!! I was able to watch all the ISU live streaming because of it last season. It doesn't cost that much but if I didn't have to pay, that's even better :biggrin:

I was assuming there would be the usual ISU Youtube stream, we were able to watch SkAm last year no problem.

In other news, TSL (take this with a pinch of salt if you will, but they are usually right on US skater rumour) are reporting in their latest video that Jason is consistently landing quads. And quads plural, toe and sal.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I was assuming there would be the usual ISU Youtube stream, we were able to watch SkAm last year no problem.

In other news, TSL (take this with a pinch of salt if you will, but they are usually right on US skater rumour) are reporting in their latest video that Jason is consistently landing quads. And quads plural, toe and sal.
I would not be at all surprised if Jason is consistently landing quads. If he can focus and not think about this while he's competing, he'll land them in competition too. I think that very questionable under-rotation call at SKAM 2016 spooked him. That jump would not be called under now.
I will pay for Peacock if it means I can watch Jason live at SCI.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Peacock is good because you pay by the month, so you can cancel anytime. Evgenia will pay for 6 months and not for the 6 months that there is not any figure skating.
I haven't tried to order it yet, but if you can pay for just the months that you want, it's pretty reasonable. I'm assuming that at some point that will change. But I'll plan to have it for at least enough time to view SCI. In a normal year, whatever that is, I would definitely take it for the whole season. This year is so wacky, I may just order one month and watch the rest of the season on NBC broadcasts. There isn't anything else on Peacock that interests me. But I really want to see Jason skate live and that's not possible on the regular broadcasts.

FanOfallSkaters

Spectator

Oh my this is great news. He is a beautiful skater. It would be great to see him have at least one in his arsenal❤️

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh my this is great news. He is a beautiful skater. It would be great to see him have at least one in his arsenal❤️

Welcome to Goldenskate and thank you for joining us, @FanOfallSkaters !

Certainly everyone in this FF would breathe a huge sigh of relief if Jason finally lands a ratified quad.:pray:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Knew he would. Always knew he would. I would just love to see him bust them out in competition and then sit back and watch the glorious implosion as the fandom collectively lost their minds.

Though I had always hoped it would be in front of a full house that exploded with cheers. And that maybe I would see him do it, on the ice, in Sydney...

Peacock is good because you pay by the month, so you can cancel anytime. I will pay for 6 months and not for the 6 months that there is not any figure skating.
Sounding more and more like the American version of Kayo, to me.

I have no idea what our access will be like. I assume SBS still has the rights, but I have no idea if they will be able to show it or if they will choose to show it. Should probably find out at some stage. I wouldn't put it past the ISU to have not let SBS know the season is "going ahead".

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
SCI is apparently not having an exhibition. NBC has an exhibition scheduled for broadcast for SKAM. I think I read that SCI is doing a virtual interview thing instead of the exhibition.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Me too! Sad for Jason, Brian and Tracy, everyone. I wish that they had decided to do it virtually. Sigh...... I'm sure that they would allow Jason to compete at SKAM, but he probably wouldn't be able to get back into Canada. And his coaches couldn't come. I wonder how many of the others will actually take place. I think even SKAM is reckless at this point.