Jason Brown | Page 806 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
For those of us who remember the USFS fluff with Jason cooking last year, he could have just used his skate blade on the cabbage:laugh:

so cool that Jason knew that Japanese fans had signed up and said a few words in Japanese(y)
I remember him whacking a watermelon with the skate blade and had a better success from a few years ago :ROFLMAO:
apparently someone tipped him that there are many participants from Japan during the broadcast!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I remember him whacking a watermelon with the skate blade and had a better success from a few years ago :ROFLMAO:
apparently someone tipped him that there are many participants from Japan during the broadcast!
I hope that it was a big success! Japanese fans are amazing! Jason and Brian do share an interest in cooking. And he's bringing the Brian's together!

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Whilst I completely understand and agree with Jason's decision to stay in Canada, it was weird not seeing him at Skate America. It also makes me wonder whether this may impact on his standing with USFS - last year he was clearly US #2, but now Zhou seems back to form and with quite a few of the other men landing quad(s), it makes me slightly nervous for Jason. I know this season could be a washout but I would hate for him to be impacted coming in to the Olympic season (assuming US men have three spots?)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Whilst I completely understand and agree with Jason's decision to stay in Canada, it was weird not seeing him at Skate America. It also makes me wonder whether this may impact on his standing with USFS - last year he was clearly US #2, but now Zhou seems back to form and with quite a few of the other men landing quad(s), it makes me slightly nervous for Jason. I know this season could be a washout but I would hate for him to be impacted coming in to the Olympic season (assuming US men have three spots?)
I'm not worried. Jason looks in great shape. He has wonderful coaches and a great rink to get into fantastic competitive shape. He just needs one quad to be guaranteed a spot. His spins are better than any U.S. male and his step sequence is always at the top.

sdwyer52

On the Ice
I'm not worried. Jason looks in great shape. He has wonderful coaches and a great rink to get into fantastic competitive shape. He just needs one quad to be guaranteed a spot. His spins are better than any U.S. male and his step sequence is always at the top.
Jason will be fine. Everyone was freaking in singles in both men and women at SkAm. Some were really rushing their programs.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think him not going to Skate America is actually a political positive. What if he lost to Zhou because of a lack of < calls for Zhou? That would be a political nightmare.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
I think him not going to Skate America is actually a political positive. What if he lost to Zhou because of a lack of < calls for Zhou? That would be a political nightmare.
Having now watched the FS and Keegan lose to Vincent on PCS I'm glad Jason didn't go because my blood pressure might have never recovered. Also as others said, the disrespect being shown towards spins by the field of men was atrocious. Jason should be nowhere near that offensiveness.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Having now watched the FS and Keegan lose to Vincent on PCS I'm glad Jason didn't go because my blood pressure might have never recovered. Also as others said, the disrespect being shown towards spins by the field of men was atrocious. Jason should be nowhere near that offensiveness.
My takeaway from the Men's competition at SKAM is that Jason is still firmly top 3. Inconsistency on UR calls will not go away. But I agree that the spins were mostly terrible. And the step sequences weren't great either. These are all things that Jason excels at and he forces them to work hard on them.

sdwyer52

On the Ice
Although I missed not seeing Jason, it was a good move for him to stay in Canada. No skater in the men’s division was exciting to me. Vincent was better than usual, but not exciting. I’m sure some of the Nathan fans hate all the new graceful skating that they are adding to his programs. Jason has made it important for male skaters to learn some skating skills and add beauty to their programs.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Although I missed not seeing Jason, it was a good move for him to stay in Canada. No skater in the men’s division was exciting to me. Vincent was better than usual, but not exciting. I’m sure some of the Nathan fans hate all the new graceful skating that they are adding to his programs. Jason has made it important for male skaters to learn some skating skills and add beauty to their programs.
If you go to US Figure Skating Fanzone, SKAM Preview Day 2, Jason is guest commentator with Marai Nagasu and Joel Savary. It's a nice format and Jason looks great and handles himself beautifully. Not surprised! He talks about the disappointment of SCI being canceled.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
If you go to US Figure Skating Fanzone, SKAM Preview Day 2, Jason is guest commentator with Marai Nagasu and Joel Savary. It's a nice format and Jason looks great and handles himself beautifully. Not surprised! He talks about the disappointment of SCI being canceled.
Thanks for the heads up!! Part of me thinks it's slightly mean to get Jason commenting on his competitors and also on competition when Skate Canada was cancelled, but another part of me was just thrilled for some Jason content! He sounded great and like his head is in the right place which is the most important thing! Onwards and upwards Jason!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I will be honest, I skipped to the Jason parts. Poor guy, it hit him this week about the cancellation. 😥 But he did a great job, and of course I loved hearing him talk about Alex K.'s 4Lo :)

I gotta say, however, I miss the Browns decorated basement. Jason definitely had a Room Rater "hostage video" going on:laugh:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I was amazed a few posters in the SKA men’s competition threads referred to Jason even though he was not competing, specifically speculating how he might have done. The lack of truly good spins and transitions among the competing skaters was mentioned; Jason’s gorgeous skating was definitely missed.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I will be honest, I skipped to the Jason parts. Poor guy, it hit him this week about the cancellation. 😥 But he did a great job, and of course I loved hearing him talk about Alex K.'s 4Lo :)

I gotta say, however, I miss the Browns decorated basement. Jason definitely had a Room Rater "hostage video" going on:laugh:
Jason lives in a basement in Toronto. No getting around that! But he spends a lot of time outside of it. Which is good. But that was why I was so sad that Zhenya was unable to return. They had each other and that was good for both of them.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I was amazed a few posters in the SKA men’s competition threads referred to Jason even though he was not competing, specifically speculating how he might have done. The lack of truly good spins and transitions among the competing skaters was mentioned; Jason’s gorgeous skating was definitely missed.
I agree completely. Jason would have made this a different competition. The spins were generally atrocious. And step sequences were sloppy and uninteresting.

Ross74

Medalist
Jason lives in a basement in Toronto. No getting around that! But he spends a lot of time outside of it. Which is good. But that was why I was so sad that Zhenya was unable to return. They had each other and that was good for both of them.
That basement apartment appears to be very nice. He has a beautiful kitchen!

sdwyer52

On the Ice
Thanks for the heads up!! Part of me thinks it's slightly mean to get Jason commenting on his competitors and also on competition when Skate Canada was cancelled, but another part of me was just thrilled for some Jason content! He sounded great and like his head is in the right place which is the most important thing! Onwards and upwards Jason!
It was great seeing Hason again
I think it was great for USFS to invite Jason to the
I think it was great USFS invited Jason to be a guest commentator at SKAM. They trusted him to be kind to all skaters. He was happy to be a part of it.