Jason Brown | Page 811 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

sdwyer52

On the Ice
Since we seem to be able to discuss the election civilly.

I actually came across a random person on twitter using a Jason rockin out gif to celebrate the election. Always fun finding Jason in the wild like that.
I got the issue today’s
I finally got the issue! I'm so happy and the article is indeed very good, with lots of exciting information. I suggest to subscribe if you can because I totally think it's worthed. Obviously, I can't say what it's written in it but after reading it I'm even more disappointed for this season-no-season. Anyway, Jason's positive attitude make me hopeful for the rest of this odd season and the next one! :party2:
The boy has definitely grown more confident and it's clear how his relationship with Tracy and Brian has grown as well.
Glad that you finally got it! It's a good issue. The Plushenko article is very interesting as well.
Got my issue today. I’m glad Jason is happy with his programs and coaches. Training is certainly not the same without his teammates. I’d like to understand more details about what the coaches are looking to achieve in Jason’s maturity as far as his artistry.

auser

Record Breaker
Well, now that we have that cleared up, probably best to leave the subject since politics itself is not a discussion for the GS Forum. ;)

I will say, since it is not about politics itself, I am very jealous Jason got an "I voted" sticker for what was presumably his "overseas" ballot. My local mail in ballot did not come with one:laugh:

And please please please did Jordan ever get any new video? Or did TCC closing prevent that?:eek:
Hi el henry. I have a spare "I voted sticker" which I would gladly give you if I knew how :). My mail-in ballot came with one and I was given another when I physically dropped the ballot off at a nearby voting center.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice

Screen capture from Jordan's On Ice Perspectives instastory with the caption "One Last Project before I leave Toronto". It's the Cricket Club and pictured are Jason, Conrad, Joseph and a few other skaters.

:yahoo:
Came here to say the same thing!! Saw OnIcePerspectices story at TCC and was like THAT'S MY BOY JASON THERE, i'd recognise those curls anywhere!! Cannot waaaaaaait to see what they produce!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
SCREEEEEEEE

This better mean what I hope it means!
He's already posted this clip of D'Alessandro/Waddell's new FD on IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/CH9dZLqnXNT/
In the comments someone asked where they could see the full version, and he said "I’ll cut the parts together and put them on my YouTube page someday soon. Make sure you subscribe because I have a lot planned there!".

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
So call me a stalker, but looking at OnIce Perspectives latest video of Joseph Phan, I spy what looks like a Jason stood off the ice looking at his phone - There is absolutely no way Jordan could have left Toronto without capturing Jason so fingers crossed he doesn’t make us wait too long! Just IMAGINE his sinnerman short shot by Jordan 😍

ice coverage

Record Breaker
As one of the Icemen ambassadors, Jason took a turn at writing the Icemen column for Skating Magazine.
Jason's short piece is on p. 21 of the November issue, which just became viewable online -- at least temporarily.

The link below currently shows the Nov issue, which eventually will be replaced by the Dec issue, etc.

For Peter Zapalo's online series this month for skating parents, Jason's mother and father are among the roundtable contributors. (As are the mothers of Jeremy Abbott, Adam Rippon, and Charlie White; as well as Ashley Cain's parents.)

And as previously mentioned in this thread, Jason will be teaching a session for the virtual Grassroots to Champions winter camp.

ETA:

Today's video from USFS of "trivia time" with Jason, Bradie, Ashley Cain, and Timothy LeDuc:

(Forgive my shallow comment, but Jason is rocking a collarless cardigan/jacket/whatever.)​

ETA (on Dec 3):

I keep forgetting to post the following link for those who are interested in every bit of Jason content out there.
Although it is from Aug 2020, it was not previously posted in this thread, AFAIK.

Peninsula Skating Club had an hour-long Zoom meeting with Jason. Rick Perez interviewed him during the first part, and then members of the junior board had a chance to interact with Jason and ask him a series of questions.
I'm glad that I finally spent an hour watching this video today. Learned some things about Jason that were new at least to me. (Disclaimer: My knowledge of Jason is by no means encyclopedic, but I have read/watched quite a few of his interviews over the years. The video understandably covered some ground that was familiar, but I did hear other stuff for the first time.)

A couple of parts that particularly interested me:
Toward the end, Jason discussed ways to take care of his mental health.
On a lighter note, at the beginning, Rick (who often is a USFS team leader) reminisced about being with Jason and his family at competitions overseas. Rick said that Jason was almost like an assistant team leader.​

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Very cool to see how TCC was set up these days. I could do without the background music, but I'm probably not the target audience. (wouldn't we all just rather hear Jason's blades on icegreengrin.gif)

And he wears a retainer? Still things I don't know about Jason ;)
I just found this. It's a fun glimpse into Jason's day to day life. He mentioned once that it's so cold in Toronto in the winter, he drives from where he lives to the rink. That 5 or 10 minute walk is just too cold! Also was surprised about the retainer, but I did note in the past year that he has great teeth. Now we know why! Fun little video!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
As one of the Icemen ambassadors, Jason took a turn at writing the Icemen column for Skating Magazine.
Jason's short piece is on p. 21 of the November issue, which just became viewable online -- at least temporarily.

The link below currently shows the Nov issue, which eventually will be replaced by the Dec issue, etc.

For Peter Zapalo's online series this month for skating parents, Jason's mother and father are among the roundtable contributors. (As are the mothers of Jeremy Abbott, Adam Rippon, and Charlie White; as well as Ashley Cain's parents.)

And as previously mentioned in this thread, Jason will be teaching a session for the virtual Grassroots to Champions winter camp.

ETA:​
Today's video from USFS of "trivia time" with Jason, Bradie, Ashley Cain, and Timothy LeDuc:​

(Forgive my shallow comment, but Jason is rocking a collarless cardigan/jacket/whatever.)​

ETA (on Dec 3):​
I keep forgetting to post the following link for those who are interested in every bit of Jason content out there.​
Although it is from Aug 2020, it was not previously posted in this thread, AFAIK.​
Peninsula Skating Club had an hour-long Zoom meeting with Jason. Rick Perez interviewed him during the first part, and then members of the junior board had a chance to interact with Jason and ask him a series of questions.​
I'm glad that I finally spent an hour watching this video today. Learned some things about Jason that were new at least to me. (Disclaimer: My knowledge of Jason is by no means encyclopedic, but I have read/watched quite a few of his interviews over the years. The video understandably covered some ground that was familiar, but I did hear other stuff for the first time.)​
A couple of parts that particularly interested me:​
Toward the end, Jason's discussed ways to take care of his mental health.​
On a lighter note, at the beginning, Rick (who often is a USFS team leader) reminisced about being with Jason and his family at competitions overseas. Rick said that Jason was almost like an assistant team leader.​

Not shallow! Jason's fashion sense has grown over the years. He dresses quite well! And he looks great!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And he wears a retainer? Still things I don't know about Jason ;)
I'm surprised he's still wearing it, actually. There are loads of pics of baby Jason with braces on, but I'd have thought he'd no longer need the retainer at his age.
another thing I had never really took notice of before... the eye lashes!!! (while he is in the gym) :love2::love2::love2:
He's always had gorgeous eyelashes, to the point that there was some debate about whether he wore mascara skating his 2nd-year Prince SP.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm surprised he's still wearing it, actually. There are loads of pics of baby Jason with braces on, but I'd have thought he'd no longer need the retainer at his age.
Retainers should be worn for a LONG time. My daughter had perfect teeth after orthodontry, but they spread apart years later when she had impacted wisdom teeth removed. It seems that the pressure from the wisdom teeth was part of "the system" holding the rest of her teeth in position. It probably wouldn't have happened if she'd still been wearing her retainer.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Last edited: