Jason Brown | Page 831 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Dpbthomas1

On the Ice
EEEEEEhaw - I don't know what happened. The internet fairies blessed me or something but all of a sudden I can post again on Golden Skate. I must admit I had tears in my eyes when Jason landed - or stood up - on that quad! I'm hoping this is like his issues with the 3Axel. Once he landed it it became easy for him. Now that he has that dang quad monkey off his back I expect the same thing will happen. Fingers crossed. I'll chime in on his programs - don't agree that Slaughter was not a good vehicle for him. I didn't like it as much as SL because the emotion isn't there for me and the music isn't as heart-wrenching...but, he skated the stuffin' out of that program and it showed his personality. I think the difference between Rohene and David Wilson is that Rohene "grew up" with Jason and knows where to push and where to stretch. David has had him for what, 3 years? Anyway, he could skate to The Farmer in the Dell and I would be proud of him,.
Glad you’re able to post again!

I agree that Jason was able to show more of his personality in Slaughter. I don’t know, but maybe that’s partly why I prefer it. I do agree that David Wilson has had to get to know Jason and learn more about his skating skills. Things Rosemead has long known. I remember the Simon and Garfunkel piece (David’s first choreography for Jason). It felt all wrong. It didn’t seem to be choreographed to utilize Jadin’s strengths. I think Slaughter does. Whether he reuses it or not, I do think it shows David Wilson’s choreography for Jason has improved.

BTW - I loved the commentary in Peacock. Mark Hanretty did a thoughtful and informative job. I didn’t know who he was, so had to look him up. Saw an interview where he noted all the prep he did on each skater. It showed.

Does anyone know if they have commentary for WTT?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No rest for the weary with WTT coming up. Time for the Jason tour of Chicagoland rinks again:biggrin:

And I had forgotten, if I ever knew, that Jason used to work with Jeremy Allen (Audrey Weisiger's comment).

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Where did you all find this info?

Going into the IG link that IceCoverage posted, junior skater Taira Shinohara posted a photo with Jason dated yesterday. Taira's Bio says he trains at Buffalo Grove with Jeremy Allen and Denise Myers, which is Twin Rinks.

Now, you as the former Chicagoland resident can tell us how far Jason needs to drive to get from Highland Park to Buffalo Grove.:biggrin: (yes I could look it up. I'm not that dedicated. ;) )

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Going into the IG link that IceCoverage posted, junior skater Taira Shinohara posted a photo with Jason dated yesterday. Taira's Bio says he trains at Buffalo Grove with Jeremy Allen and Denise Myers, which is Twin Rinks.

Now, you as the former Chicagoland resident can tell us how far Jason needs to drive to get from Highland Park to Buffalo Grove.:biggrin: (yes I could look it up. I'm not that dedicated. ;) )
Oh thanks! I don’t follow all links in every post so I missed that. It’s not super far - about 10 miles maybe 20 mins depending on traffic. 😊

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I should also make clear that the WTT practice part is my total speculation. Taira only mentions a teaching/skating session with Jason.

I can't help but think that if Jason had not been invited to WTT, he would be chilling with the fam at his parents' house, not at the rink in Buffalo Grove.

Just my surmise. :)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn't know Jason ever skated at Twin Rinks! I used to live in Buffalo Grove, probably less than 10 minutes from there. Darn. I could have been standing on a ladder trying to look through the window(s) (if there are any!)! :laugh:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I didn't know Jason ever skated at Twin Rinks! I used to live in Buffalo Grove, probably less than 10 minutes from there. Darn. I could have been standing on a ladder trying to look through the window(s) (if there are any!)! :laugh:
OT but I can’t remember- is that where Shoma used to go sometimes or did he go to Glacier?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
his tagged instagram photos is my usual go to! and then can usually deduce from there where someone is with a bit of googling haha

I can't say that I am that systematic when it comes to Jason. 🤫

I have been trying to learn more about juniors from all disciplines, and when Taira came to my attention many months ago, I started following his account.
Never expected a post from Taira to involve Jason 🤭, but when it showed up in my feed, I thought it was worth passing along.

Hope that Jason has a great trip to Japan. 🍱

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
I can't say that I am that systematic when it comes to Jason. 🤫

I have been trying to learn more about juniors from all disciplines, and when Taira came to my attention many months ago, I started following his account.
Never expected a post from Taira to involve Jason 🤭, but when it showed up in my feed, I thought it was worth passing along.

Hope that Jason has a great trip to Japan. 🍱

Haha yes unfortunately as I was writing my post I realised that it sounded a little bit stalkerish, so I'll take "systematic" as a descriptor instead :ROFLMAO:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Haha yes unfortunately as I was writing my post I realised that it sounded a little bit stalkerish, so I'll take "systematic" as a descriptor instead :ROFLMAO:

Ooops, sorry, I hope that my comment did not come across as judgment or negativity, when none was was intended.

I was trying to acknowledge that by dumb luck of "worlds colliding," so to speak, the photo/post of Jason with Taira just fell into my lap.
I guess it is an example that the sport is only a small universe. :ghug:

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Ooops, sorry, I hope that my comment did not come across as judgment or negativity, when none was was intended.

I was trying to acknowledge that by dumb luck of "worlds colliding," so to speak, the photo/post of Jason with Taira just fell into my lap.
I guess it is an example that the sport is only a small universe. :ghug:
No no, no judgement from you only from myself haha!

sdwyer52

On the Ice
They aren't with him in Chicago. He's training alone for three weeks prior to the event. Minus videocalls and stuff like that I guess.
I was thinking about the two week quarantine also. Will Brian and Tracy want to travel to Japan and quarantine again after? This season is "special" and for Canadians more. That was my reasoning. can help him in Chicago.

sdwyer52

On the Ice
Honestly after a whole year without much skating, I’m just thrilled we get to see Jason compete again! I know most people think of WTT as kind of a cheese fest, but this year there will be a lot of great skaters - in men’s alone, aside from Jason, we’ll see Nathan v Yuzuru again, plus Shoma, Mikhail Kolyada, Kevin Aymoz. The other guys are no slouches, either. How lucky are we!
Agreed! Just enjoy the show. Don’t think negatively about any of it. Jason will do his best!