Jason Brown | Page 832 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

sdwyer52

On the Ice
Actually having seen Slaughter this season, it's made me realise how much I preferred Schindler's List. Nothing wrong with Slaughter and it has grown on me with more outings, but I feel like with Jason trying to up his game so technically in the free, I think he can run the risk of trying to chase the music a bit with something too fast. I'm getting the feeling this is what has happened with the two spin errors he's had - very unusual for Jason and both in the FS. I think the SP where he is pretty confident with this tech, and only has 4 jumps to worry about gives him more room to go all out and Sinnerman is ofc exquisite. I feel like SL gives him more room to breathe, highlight his incredible extension, clarity of movement, and also he is comfortable with the material which I hope meakes it easier to focus on adding in the technical arsenal he needs. Its also been his highest scoring FS since he went to TCC, even without a quad, so I think it was very well received by the judges. I also think they counter each other perfectly - upbeat energetic Sinnerman and a soulful SL.
I do hope however that if they are bringing Schindler's List back they continue to add in more choreography and tweaks to it as I still think there was room to improve it!
They had changed things for SL before the cancelled 2020 Worlds that we never got to see. Rohene can help Jason with everything. I‘m sure Tracy will be at the meet for Jason.

sdwyer52

On the Ice
Glad you’re able to post again!

I agree that Jason was able to show more of his personality in Slaughter. I don’t know, but maybe that’s partly why I prefer it. I do agree that David Wilson has had to get to know Jason and learn more about his skating skills. Things Rosemead has long known. I remember the Simon and Garfunkel piece (David’s first choreography for Jason). It felt all wrong. It didn’t seem to be choreographed to utilize Jadin’s strengths. I think Slaughter does. Whether he reuses it or not, I do think it shows David Wilson’s choreography for Jason has improved.

BTW - I loved the commentary in Peacock. Mark Hanretty did a thoughtful and informative job. I didn’t know who he was, so had to look him up. Saw an interview where he noted all the prep he did on each skater. It showed.

Does anyone know if they have commentary for WTT?
I agree David Wilson is getting better with Jason. He doesn’t spend much time at TCC because most of his students are elsewhere. I like Slaughter and think Jason delivered the idea well. I do think it was harder to keep up with all the steps. SL will be emotional and gorgeous.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gorgeous photos from Sinnerman by photographer Ester Ayerdi (more are on Facebook than are on her IG, at least for me)

And despite the fact that it is a generic Facebook icon, it links to to photos. Of which there are several. Keep clicking through :)

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Gorgeous photos from Sinnerman by photographer Ester Ayerdi (more are on Facebook than are on her IG, at least for me)

And despite the fact that it is a generic Facebook icon, it links to to photos. Of which there are several. Keep clicking through :)
I actually don't think he's capable of hitting a bad line or awkward position! Even mid movement, everything to the tips of his fingers is so precisely planned, it's incredible!!

sworddance21

On the Ice

The 12th one in is SO Alvin Ailey/Horton technique. Love it!

noskates

Record Breaker
EEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - El Henry is my hero - uhhh, I mean heroine. :dance3::points: I'm fixed! I can post. I accepted cookies. Now I want a cookie.

On topic - I think it's awesome that Jason is the team captain for WTT. He has the enthusiasm, the patriotism, and he's loved by all. He will represent US skating to the fullest.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Can’t wait to see this!! Wonder if he will bring a suitcase full of paraphernalia for the team to use and wear... yes!! And he needs to pull out all the stops.. he’s up against the Empress!!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason at WTT is the very definition of pulling out the stops, and that was before he was Captain America:laugh:

@noskates I am glad you are back on, but my genius consists of searching, copying and pasting. But we're always glad to have more Friends of Jason on the forum. ;)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason of course leading the parade of Japanese greetings for WTT::cheer:

And I am so proud of his message acknowledging the times we live in and that they will do all they can for safety, while appreciating the chance to skate:

Japanese fans,
This week is finally a national rivalry. I'm really looking forward to performing in Japan this time. I am very grateful to have given me the opportunity to play a match in the difficulties caused by the corona disaster. Team USA will follow infection control measures and strive to minimize the risk.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason of course leading the parade of Japanese greetings for WTT::cheer:

And I am so proud of his message acknowledging the times we live in and that they will do all they can for safety, while appreciating the chance to skate:

Japanese fans,
This week is finally a national rivalry. I'm really looking forward to performing in Japan this time. I am very grateful to have given me the opportunity to play a match in the difficulties caused by the corona disaster. Team USA will follow infection control measures and strive to minimize the risk.
Team USA is lucky to have such good ambassadors for the sport as Jason and Nathan. They both set such consistently good examples of what a competitive skater should be. I can't wait to see the competition. Team USA has a great team this year! It should be fun.