Jason Brown | Page 876 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched much of the ISU documentary on Stockholm Worlds. Yes, it's a puff piece, but well done.

Jason talks (and lots of video of his hotel room:)) at:

Episode 2, around 8:00

Episode 3, around 3:30

Episode 4, around 2:30 and a very short and cute clip at 10:40

Also, slow motion close ups of some skating(y). Not to mention all the other skaters, but this is Jason's FF. :)

Apple1078

Final Flight
I think that Jason is totally focused on his 4 year goal and will make decisions when that goal is reached. He has said many times that he wants to live in Japan for a couple of years, and teach English to Japanese children. That would also give him an opportunity to skate in Japanese Ice shows and learn to be more fluent in Japanese. He has also said that he might want to continue competing, but he really wasn't making any decisions now.

I think Stars on Ice is starting to recruit skaters for the 2022 tour. Maybe he'll do that.
This makes a lot of sense. It will also be interesting to see if he chooses to go to Worlds.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I watched much of the ISU documentary on Stockholm Worlds. Yes, it's a puff piece, but well done.

Jason talks (and lots of video of his hotel room:)) at:

Episode 2, around 8:00

Episode 3, around 3:30

Episode 4, around 2:30 and a very short and cute clip at 10:40

Also, slow motion close ups of some skating(y). Not to mention all the other skaters, but this is Jason's FF. :)
Thanks for posting this. I just finished watching. I found it most enjoyable to hear the voices of skaters whose voices we rarely hear. And to listen to them reflect on what the year was and how they dealt with it and how they feel skating in competition again. And it was super fun to see so much of Jason. Winning is skating everything clean!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I watched the Instagram live with Jason and Karina Manta. I missed the first 20 minutes, so hope they archive this. It was a very frank and interesting discussion. Jason functioned as interviewer and asked good questions, but he also switched rolls and interjected some of himself into the discussion. It was well done. And it's clear that the two are very good friends. I'd like to listen to the whole discussion again.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So glad that there's a video, I missed the first part and the last part due to meetings. But the little I saw was so raw and honest that I wanted to see it all.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It's definitely worth taking the time to watch and listen. Both Karina and Jason are very open about their experiences and he is a great cheerleader! Jason does a good interview. He interjects himself just enough to expand the discussion, but he was focused on Karina and her book and her experiences. It's an enjoyable experience.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now that I have watched, I am surprised at how emotionally affected I was by Karina's and Jason's description of their journeys. Jason was a wonderful interviewer (all the post its, the quotes, the questions), and plugged the book quite effectively.

I am usually not affected by personal anecdotes, but when Jason said about his romantic interest, (paraphrasing) I wasn't ready to use the term boyfriend, I was 😭 And Karina as well❤️

If anyone anywhere ever says in my presence how difficult it is to be straight in figure skating, this straight cis female will brandish them about the head with the cyber cane. Vigorously!

Apple1078

Final Flight
Now that I have watched, I am surprised at how emotionally affected I was by Karina's and Jason's description of their journeys. Jason was a wonderful interviewer (all the post its, the quotes, the questions), and plugged the book quite effectively.

I am usually not affected by personal anecdotes, but when Jason said about his romantic interest, (paraphrasing) I wasn't ready to use the term boyfriend, I was 😭 And Karina as well❤️

If anyone anywhere ever says in my presence how difficult it is to be straight in figure skating, this straight cis female will brandish them about the head with the cyber cane. Vigorously!
Wow, that was a great interview, very raw. 😭❤️ One of the things that really struck me that I've never thought of before is that Jason is a GREAT interviewer. I'm very impressed lol. It's a conversation but it's still Jason steering/facilitating the conversation. I know he studies communication and maybe that's how he learned those skills. But he's REALLY good.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It's not easy to be anything in Figure Skating. If you're queer, that's a problem. if you're straight, they think you're queer if you happen to be male. If you're a straight female, you're not thin enough or pretty enough. If you are a person of color, you're not pale enough. Or you're too curvy, or whatever. It's an aesthetic sport and and everyone has pre conceived notions of what a figure skater should look like and act like. Sports frequently judge people by how they look and how they act and how they fit in. It's really hard! They are judging young men and women who are very vulnerable. It's time for things to change and hopefully they are. But it will take time, because the judges and the senior policy makers are from an earlier era and it's hard for some of them to adjust, if they even care to adjust.

sdwyer52

On the Ice
Wow, that was a great interview, very raw. 😭❤️ One of the things that really struck me that I've never thought of before is that Jason is a GREAT interviewer. I'm very impressed lol. It's a conversation but it's still Jason steering/facilitating the conversation. I know he studies communication and maybe that's how he learned those skills. But he's REALLY good.
Yes. I think Jason was great about keeping the conversation about Karina. She was brave coming out with this book. I hope she makes loads of money and helps many people along the way. She picked the right person to do her online launch with.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
An interview with Jason in People.com that explores more of his process in coming out and the timing.

...He had planned to come out on social media over a year ago, but he said he couldn't find the right words.
"So it was actually, I really started thinking about it [during the COVID lockdown]. I actually wrote something back then. I couldn't formulate the words to say it the way that it felt right," he said.
"It didn't come together the way that … Obviously, it's hard to put pen to paper and get what you're trying to convey and get those emotions across. I couldn't and then the season started and I just got back to a laser-focused season," Brown said of his timing...

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason is requesting donations to RMHC through his Instagram Account. He plans to visit, but can't bring stuffed toys. So there are a variety of options that you can support. It took me a few tries, but I finally got my donation through the hoops. He's halfway to goal. Still haven't figured out the media link but here's the Instagram link. https://give.rmhbc.ca/campaign/jason-brown/c371907

sdwyer52

On the Ice
Jason is requesting donations to RMHC through his Instagram Account. He plans to visit, but can't bring stuffed toys. So there are a variety of options that you can support. It took me a few tries, but I finally got my donation through the hoops. He's halfway to goal. Still haven't figured out the media link but here's the Instagram link. https://give.rmhbc.ca/campaign/jason-brown/c371907
The link to this was confusing when it gets to the payment. I too had to try a few times to get my donation to be accepted. I’m sure we will see pics when Jason gets to the RMH on Nov. 1.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The link to this was confusing when it gets to the payment. I too had to try a few times to get my donation to be accepted. I’m sure we will see pics when Jason gets to the RMH on Nov. 1.
It took me 5 tries on 2 credit cards, but it finally went through. It's probably the exchange rate issue. So anyone trying to donate, be patient. It sounds like Jason will be at the dinner, which is lovely. I hope lots of people donate!

noskates

Record Breaker
I just made a donation and had no trouble whatsoever in it being accepted. The exchange rate might be a factor! This was a lovely thing for Jason to promote given he can't bring stuffed animals to the house.