Jason Brown | Page 877 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I just made a donation and had no trouble whatsoever in it being accepted. The exchange rate might be a factor! This was a lovely thing for Jason to promote given he can't bring stuffed animals to the house.
Possibly they fixed the problem. I hope so! I hope he meets his goals!

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
I’m getting Skate Canada anxiety! Also apparently it’s the same time zone as SkAm was, which likely means events in the complete middle of the night for me!
I’m also sad that we won’t be getting Mark commentary on Jason next weekend either ☹️

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Noooo! Who's doing the ISU commentary then?
Not sure!! Mark said he is only doing commentary for US, Russia, France and Japan! So someone different for SCI and GP Italy. In fairness I can understand, Mark is commentating from London, and all of the competitions minus the FD and women’s FS on sunday started from 1am. SCI is on the same time zone and I think two weekends of commentating in the middle of the night is a bit much for Mark!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
While I would be thrilled to hear Mark's commentary, so far Peacock has been without commentary and I am totally fine with that! I pay close attention to what is going on and the score box helps me to identify the jumps when I'm not sure of them. Pairs was a little weird though. The score box update was on some sort of delay. But I did not miss commentary.

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
I’m getting Skate Canada anxiety! Also apparently it’s the same time zone as SkAm was, which likely means events in the complete middle of the night for me!
I’m also sad that we won’t be getting Mark commentary on Jason next weekend either ☹️
While the time zone is identical, the men are actually skating earlier for SC if I understood correctly. For SA it was around 5 am for me, but SC it will be around middle of the night/12 am for me. Maybe around 22 pm in UK, 23 France, which is not that bad I guess...
And regarding anxiety, I personally try not think much about it, after all, if he does not do so well here he still has two more competitions left 'til the end of year to show his potential (assuming he'll do either GPF or Golden Spin).

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
If I am reading the schedule correctly, the Men's comps are at approximately dinner time Eastern time in the US. So from about 5:30 PM to 7 or 7:30 PM. The Women will be late and I'll probably just watch replays of those. I ended up watching replays of the Men as SKAM because they ended very late. I will stay up later or get up in the middle of the night for Jason, but not for anyone else. Replays are fine. France will be a different story.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
SP is 5:30 on Friday my time; I have no excuse (except sometimes I am too nervous to watch Jason).

It's a good thing I am a grouch; one of the peculiarities of the Lehigh Valley is that they don't have Halloween on Halloween, but on the Friday before. But we are old and cranky and don't give out candy.🎃🎃🎃

Apple1078

Final Flight
SP is 5:30 on Friday my time; I have no excuse (except sometimes I am too nervous to watch Jason).

It's a good thing I am a grouch; one of the peculiarities of the Lehigh Valley is that they don't have Halloween on Halloween, but on the Friday before. But we are old and cranky and don't give out candy.🎃🎃🎃
I love watching my favorites... and I hate it lol. I was really nervous at Finlandia but feel better this week because he's already had a first outing.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I get nervous but I still watch. I get less nervous than I used to. Once Jason got past that early period after moving to Toronto, he has skated pretty well to extremely well. I was nervous about Finlandia. There were a lot of good skaters. But he skated well enough. This competition is even harder. But he's definitely got a chance for the podium. So hopefully he'll be very focused and confident after Finlandia. All he needs to do is skate the best he can right now. If he does that, it's all good.

sdwyer52

On the Ice
I get nervous but I still watch. I get less nervous than I used to. Once Jason got past that early period after moving to Toronto, he has skated pretty well to extremely well. I was nervous about Finlandia. There were a lot of good skaters. But he skated well enough. This competition is even harder. But he's definitely got a chance for the podium. So hopefully he'll be very focused and confident after Finlandia. All he needs to do is skate the best he can right now. If he does that, it's all good.
I’m nervous too. I’m confident he’ll do well. He seems eager to compete.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It works out to be just after 8:30am on Saturday for the SP, and just before 9:00am on Sunday for the FS. I will give up some of my weekend sleep in for Jason, but it is better than Finlandia.

Hopefully SBS stop screwing us around on streams, too. I would like to watch Jason properly, instead of having to scramble for illicit streams.

noskates

Record Breaker
I actually am less nervous if I'm in the arena than I am watching on TV. I don't now why that is. I've been fortunate to see Jason "live" about 5 times now and there is an electricity in the room when he takes the ice. I'm an hour behind El so will be able to see the SP at 4:30 MDT. Hopefully during the rest of the GP season some of you don't have to get up in the middle of the night to watch.

And Peacock is THE BEST. No commentary No Tara going on and on about quads and anything else she finds relative. No talking over the music. And I agree the box in the upper left hand corner is soooo informative. I especially like that they give you the base value and then the plus or minus points. The only thing I wish they tracked was "time left" in the program.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I actually am less nervous if I'm in the arena than I am watching on TV. I don't now why that is. I've been fortunate to see Jason "live" about 5 times now and there is an electricity in the room when he takes the ice. I'm an hour behind El so will be able to see the SP at 4:30 MDT. Hopefully during the rest of the GP season some of you don't have to get up in the middle of the night to watch.

And Peacock is THE BEST. No commentary No Tara going on and on about quads and anything else she finds relative. No talking over the music. And I agree the box in the upper left hand corner is soooo informative. I especially like that they give you the base value and then the plus or minus points. The only thing I wish they tracked was "time left" in the program.
I would appreciate the bonus clock also. And I am so grateful that Peacock has not included commentary so far. I don't mind commentary after the program ends, but while the skater is skating, it's very distracting. If they make their comments during the slo mo replays, that's ok. I think it helps prevent dumb comments as well. I am also grateful for the practice cam!

Ross74

Medalist
I would appreciate the bonus clock also. And I am so grateful that Peacock has not included commentary so far. I don't mind commentary after the program ends, but while the skater is skating, it's very distracting. If they make their comments during the slo mo replays, that's ok. I think it helps prevent dumb comments as well. I am also grateful for the practice cam!
Even when Peacock switched to the NBC commentary for whatever reason during the Skam FD, even though it was Tanith, it still bothered me because there was talk during the dance.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Even when Peacock switched to the NBC commentary for whatever reason during the Skam FD, even though it was Tanith, it still bothered me because there was talk during the dance.

Thank you, at least I wasn't the only one who heard that commentary on Peacock. Although I misidentified poor Tanith as Tara (sorry!).

But watching without commentary has become very soothing for me. :)

Except when I'm nervous for Jason, nothing is soothing :biggrin:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States

Thank you, at least I wasn't the only one who heard that commentary on Peacock. Although I misidentified poor Tanith as Tara (sorry!).

But watching without commentary has become very soothing for me. :)

Except when I'm nervous for Jason, nothing is soothing :biggrin:
I don't recall any commentary when I watched FD, but I can't remember if I watched live or on the replay. It's been a very busy week! SKAM seems like a long time ago. I'll check out the replay.

I will definitely be nervous for Jason, but I am also confident that he'll do his best to skate his best. I expect Nathan to be in better condition and Keegan also. Semenenko is a wild card. Except for Nathan they are pretty evenly matched. But it's Finlandia redux and Keegan and Semenenko are going to be fighting Jason for podium. Samarin can be a wild card also. They all, including Jason, want to improve from their last skates. It will be pretty exciting.