Javier Fernandez | Page 73 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Javi was electric! I've been reading other posts in other threads and I think unless you were actually in the building watching Javi skate you couldn't get the full measure of how wonderful he was. Every move was perfect. I could watch this man skate all day. Can hardly wait to see what programs he comes up with next year. It also didn't go unnoticed that he skated to Danny Boy in the exhibition in a town that is known for it's Irish population. Good on you Javi!

Yes, he has fantastic choreography! I watched his performance from our broadcast without knowing the results by having thumbs up for him all the time (LOL, although the competition was long over by then). I could not believe my eyes, such an awesome freeskate without any faults!!! Our female commentator was raving through his performance...

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
But Iker Casillas, as always, congratulated him. Javi replied telling him they have to get together to celebrate, and Iker said 'of course! This summer in Navalacruz!' :)

https://twitter.com/casillasworld/status/716176264193814528

Wow! I’m a long time Spanish Football fan! Iker (He is one of my most favorites, since he got a spotlight in his 10’s) gives Javi a celebration! (oh, I remember the photo of the two. Javi seemed so thinner and smaller compared with Iker. )

---
BTW, do you know the reason why he chose “Danny Boy”? Has he talked about it? I was so moved by this. Danny Boy, this beautiful and sallow Ireland song (I looove this song so much!) … His expression was just breathtaking and refined, and the side he showed was different from the image of other programs. The choreograph is by Wilson? I’m glad they have good relationship. David seems shy and doesn’t open his mind so easy. But Javi and David really understand and love each other. I’m sure this is great chemical like yuna and David, so they must keep creating great works.

------
Special #Worlds2016 moment: celebrating the success of Team Orser :clap:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BD3jQNnjBVu/

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I hope this has not been posted earlier:

http://soniabianchetti.com/writings_2016worlds.html

An excerpt from her article

Javier Fernandez, skating to “Guys and Dolls” performed by Frank Sinatra, skated the program of his life! A perfect and rare combination of art and technique. A real masterpiece. He executed a flawless program with three quadruple jumps, one of them in combination with a triple toe loop, as well as five fantastic triples. His jumps are of the highest technical quality, properly started and landed, without any visible effort. Impressive also were his step sequences, especially, in my opinion, his choreo sequence filled with original and beautiful moves. But what is even more impressive for me is the way he skates: he moves, he enjoys his skating, reaching the heart of the audience, which thanked him with a standing ovation. He really lives the music and his skating is a perfect melding of technique and art, which is what used to make our sport unique, loved and appealing. He was awarded by the judges twenty six perfect 10.0 points in the Program Components. Well deserved! This is what I call “figure skating” and that unfortunately we too seldom see now. Thanks, Javier!!!!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I hope this has not been posted earlier:

http://soniabianchetti.com/writings_2016worlds.html

An excerpt from her article

Javier Fernandez, skating to “Guys and Dolls” performed by Frank Sinatra, skated the program of his life! A perfect and rare combination of art and technique. A real masterpiece. He executed a flawless program with three quadruple jumps, one of them in combination with a triple toe loop, as well as five fantastic triples. His jumps are of the highest technical quality, properly started and landed, without any visible effort. Impressive also were his step sequences, especially, in my opinion, his choreo sequence filled with original and beautiful moves. But what is even more impressive for me is the way he skates: he moves, he enjoys his skating, reaching the heart of the audience, which thanked him with a standing ovation. He really lives the music and his skating is a perfect melding of technique and art, which is what used to make our sport unique, loved and appealing. He was awarded by the judges twenty six perfect 10.0 points in the Program Components. Well deserved! This is what I call “figure skating” and that unfortunately we too seldom see now. Thanks, Javier!!!!

:agree:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Happy Birthday Javi!!! hopefully he is getting well deserved rest (minus ice shows :biggrin:) after an amazing season he had!! hopefully next season will be even more amazing! :yahoo::hb::party2:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Happy birthday to Javi!!! Though he sometimes says he is getting 'old' for FS relative to the rest of the field, he's at the best time of his career :yes: I hope he's having fun in Japan (seems like he does after that cute photo set of him in Nagoya with Miki), and here's to many more successful seasons to come :hap93:

Edit: Add the Spanish Royal Family to the list of people who congratulated him on his World Title!!! https://twitter.com/casareal/status/716186902018334720

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Happy birthday, Javi! :hap10: Have a good rest after this amazing season and fun time in Japan with your family!
Just hope your more success and health!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Happy Birthday Javi! He's got already an amazing present for his birthday given by himself; :biggrin: two time World champion crown!

I hope he enjoys the off season and rests well, so that all his journey to the next Olympic would be rewarding in the end. :)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Happy Birthday, Javi! :hb: :cheer: May you always be your amazingly self :biggrin:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Happy Birthday Javi!!! hopefully he is getting well deserved rest (minus ice shows :biggrin:) after an amazing season he had!! hopefully next season will be even more amazing! :yahoo::hb::party2:

btw, matmuh, i have a questionfor you. i often know the birthday of the skater from your post. i admire you. you are particular about each skater's birthday. dp you have any list or memo?

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
btw, matmuh, i have a questionfor you. i often know the birthday of the skater from your post. i admire you. you are particular about each skater's birthday. dp you have any list or memo?

i know some of my favourites' birthdays but not all, following skaters and figure skating related pages on social media helps a lot :biggrin: btw thanks for your kind words :eek::