Jelizaveta Zukova & Martin Bidar | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Jelizaveta Zukova & Martin Bidar

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I just saw the sport news. They also mentioned Four Nationals results and clarified that Liza/Martin withdrew because of the recovering from injury.

Edit: according to this article and video they suffered an injury two weeks ago during the training after the fall from the lift. They couldn't have trained all elements in those last 14 days. They arrived to Slovakia but decided not to compete in a last minute before the competition as they didn't feel prepared properly. They will return to Prague and will continue with preparations for the Europeans.

Last edited:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Liza is trying some czech words:

She has surprisingly good accent (which is definitely not the same for czech and russian).

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, it has finally arrived. Liza and Martin will finally be making their European Championships debut today.

The Pairs SP is due to start at 18:45:00 EET (16:45:00 GMT / 17:45:00 CET / 21:45:00 YEKT). So 11 hours from now.

Liza and Martin will be the 8th partnership to start. So, second and middle partnership to go in Group 3 (and second partnership to go after the first resurfacing).

They are due to start at 20:05:40 EET (18:05:40 GMT / 19:05:40 CET / 23:05:40 YEKT). So 13h 20m from now.

But, those times may change if somebody that is due on before them withdraws.

Here is the link for the ISU livestream on the ISU YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRuTJ8vbMXw

Here is the link for the British Eurosport 2 coverage on the Eurosport Player:
https://www.eurosportplayer.com/vid...sh/european-championships-e2-coverage-2165338

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the Eurosport Player:
https://www.eurosportplayer.com/videos/eurosport/figure-skating-european-championship-2131813

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...----------QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2122/ec2022/SEG005.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It could have been a better skate, that's for sure. But the scores are so close that the free skate will be decesive.

I have to praise the really great step sequence. :clap:

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
European Championships SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Liza and Martin finished 15th out of 21 in the SP, with a score of 54.40.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

There were only two issues that I spotted. Obviously, the first was when Liza unfortunately fell on their second element, the Triple Toe.

To be honest, I am not sure whether the second issue I spotted was an issue at all. They were really far out of sync in their spins at the end. So far out that I am starting to wonder if it was by design - that they were actually doing assymetric spins rather than symmetric spins.

Like Simon in commentary, I really like this programme. And when it is done cleanly, it is going to be so impressive.

I have to admit, after all the disappointments Martin has had since the split with Anna, I was cautious about getting attached to this latest partnership. But, after seeing that performance, I think he has hit the jackpot in Liza. This is a very promising partnership. And, like Simon, I can see great things for them in the future.

Liza and Martin are currently 0.75 points behind 14th position, Sofiia HOLICHENKO / Artem DARENSKYI (UKR), and 1.62 points ahead of 16th position, Lana PETRANOVIC / Antonio SOUZA KORDEIRU (HRV). They are at the back of a bigger group that stretches up to Sara CONTI / Niccolo MACII (ITA) who are 1.88 points ahead of them in 10th position. So, there is potential to move up quite a few places if they have a good FS.

The main thing, though, is that they qualified for the Free Skate.

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

The Senior Pairs FS is due to start at 19:00:00 EET (17:00:00 GMT / 22:00:00 YEKT). So 11 hours from now.

Liza and Martin will be the 2nd partnership to start.

They are due to start at 19:07:30 EET (17:07:30 GMT / 22:07:30 YEKT). So 11h 7m from now.

But, those times may change if somebody that is due on before them withdraws.

Here is the link for the ISU livestream on the ISU YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=645lWlNhK5I

Here is the link for the British Eurosport 2 coverage on the Eurosport Player:
XXXX [Link to be edited in when it becomes available]

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the Eurosport Player:
XXXX [Link to be edited in when it becomes available]

http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2122/ec2022/SEG006.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Brief review from Martin, usual talks "we are glad we can compete here", but he also reminded they dealt with with the injuries, first Liza, than him, and that he skated under painkillers saying "I didn't know where exactly my hands were, fortunately the audience and Liza pushed me through the program."

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just started watching the Eurosport coverage of the Team Men's SP, and Chris Howarth started by listing the teams that were taking part.

I am so sorry. I didn't realise that the Czech Republic were in the Team Event and, hence, that Liza and Martin have already been in action. I was getting mixed up with the World Team Trophy, and thought there was only 6 teams in it.

Now that I know, I'll write reports on how they got on after I watch the relevant segment.

Sorry again

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Olympic Team Event SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Liza and Martin finished 8th out of 9 in the SP, with a score of 56.70.

As you know by now, I wasn't watching LIVE. So, I don't have anything to quote from the competition thread. But, it doesn't make any difference anyway, because I wouldn't have been able to be that detailed anyway, because the version of the TES Box that is being used at these Olympics is useless. It tells you whether each element was done well, but it doesn't tell you what they are! :palmf:

Anyway, the first element, the Triple Twist, was given minus GOE and four of the Judges gave minus marks (the other 5 gave neutral marks). It looked fine to me, but to be honest, you couldn't see the end of the element very well due to the camera angle. So, I guess that there might have been something about Liza's landing that they took issue with.

Then on their second element, the Triple Toe, Martin fell on landing. He did manage to land on the correct quarter before he went down, though. So at least something was salvaged. Nevertheless, the -2.10 GOE and the unanimous -5's from the Judges made this the costliest element of the programme.

Liza had an awkward landing on the third element, the Throw Triple Lutz. Chris Howarth on British Eurosport commented that she "got so much height on the Throw Triple Lutz, perhaps too much", and I agree that the sheer height was the problem. She got so high that she couldn't control the landing. They got -1.44 GOE, and the Judges marks ranged from -2 to -4.

After that, the rest of the programme looked very good. They did briefly get out of sync during the Change Food Combination Spins at the end, but they were not punished for it in the protocols. Louise Walden actually commented at the time that it was well recovered.

Martin looked very downbeat when they finished. But, Liza was straight in comforting him. And she continued to do so as they were coming off the ice. That is the sign of a good partner. Michal Březina was the one waiting with their skate guards, and he gave Martin some comfort too when he was handing them over.

Although they were wearing their masks when we came back from the highlights, you could see that Martin was still downbeat. But, the other Czech skaters were doing a good job of lightening the mood. The Taschlers were really getting into the party atmosphere, particularly Natalie!

Liza and Martin are currently 3.60 points behind 7th position, Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE (ITA), and 3.05 points ahead of 9th position, Sofiia HOLICHENKO / Artem DARENSKYI (UKR). The partnership in 6th position, Karina SAFINA / Luka BERULAVA (GEO), are 8.09 points ahead of Liza and Martin, so 7th is probably the best they can hope for after the FS.

Georgia, the Ukraine, and the Czech Republic each have only 1 Pairs partnership qualified at the Olympics, so it will have been the same skaters for those teams that were out again in the FS. Italy has 2 Pairs partnerships, so they might have stuck with della Monica / Guarise, or they might have given Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI a chance to run out their FS.

This is what I hate about the Olympic Team Event. The not knowing who will be skating in each segment. That is why I much prefer the World Team Trophy, where it is the same skaters doing both segments.

Whatever happens, it will be tomorrow that I will be watching the Team Pairs FS, as I will be watching the Team Ladies SP and the Team Men's FS this afternoon.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now that I have watched the Pairs FS, I want to apologise. I didn't realise that there was a cut-off in the Team Event, and that only the Top 5 teams would go through to the FS. Hence, Liza and Martin did not actually get to do their FS in the Team event (and neither did the partnerships that were around them in the SP).

Seems a bit rough to have a cut off in a competition that only has 10 entries to start with. I can understand having it in the individual competitions, where the fields are a lot bigger.

It's bad enough having only 6 in the GP Final. But, only 5 in the FS here?! That's not right.

But, at least they have not gone all the way to Beijing just to be going home having only done one programme. They will have at least one more programme.

The second half of their Team SP was really good. So, here's hoping that the second time around they are really good in the first half as well!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
After competing in the Team Event, Liza and Martin will get their second Beijing Olympics campaign underway today.

The Pairs SP is due to start at 18:30:00 CST (10:30:00 GMT / 11:30:00 CET / 15:30:00 YEKT). So 4 hours from now.

Liza and Martin will be the 8th partnership to start. So, first partnership to go in Group 3.

The Group 3 Warm-Up is due to start at 19:46:30 CST (11:46:30 GMT / 12:46:30 CET / 16:46:30 YEKT). So 5h 16m from now.

Liza and Martin are due to start at 19:54:30 CST (11:54:30 GMT / 12:54:30 CET / 16:54:30 YEKT). So 5h 24m from now.

Here is the link for the IOC livestream on the IOC YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOAAliLxCR0

Here is the link for the British Eurosport 1 coverage on the Eurosport Player (starts in 4 hours from now):
https://www.eurosportplayer.com/olympics/videos/eurosport-1-british/pairs-short-program-e1-coverage

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the Eurosport Player (starts in 3h 55m from now):
https://www.eurosportplayer.com/olympics/videos/eurosport/pairs-short-program

https://results.isu.org/results/sea...----------QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

https://results.isu.org/results/season2122/owg2022/SEG005.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Olympic Team Event SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Liza and Martin finished 17th out of 18 in the SP, with a score of 54.64.

Although I did watch the Pairs SP LIVE, I didn't post on here during it. After the drama of the Ladies FS, I just wasn't in the mood.

The opening element, the Triple Twist, was good. And the Judges agreed, with most of them giving +1 or +2. But, Judge 4 was particularly impressed, giving them +3.

Unfortunately, things didn't go so well with the next two elements, as there were falls on each of them. Martin fell on the Triple Toe, and then Liza fell when trying to land the Throw Triple Lutz.

Martin's fall was normal enough, but Liza's fall was strange. It looked like when the blade hit the ice, it slipped, and she ended up face down flat on the ice. And when doing the analysis afterwards, Chris Howath seemed to be suggesting that it happened because she had got too much height.

On the whole, the rest of the programme looked good. They did get out of sync on their final element, the Change Foot Combination Spins, but it was only briefly. And the Judges didn't punish them for it. Like the Triple Twist that they started with, most of the Judges gave them +1 or +2, but Judge 4 gave them +3.

They were understandably disappointed, but they were being philosophical about it.

When the director came back from the highlights to show them waiting for their scores, Martin got out his phone and showed us a photo. I'm not sure, but it might have been of them doing their Free Skate. You know, showing us what we would be missing out on.

A thing that has struck me during these Olympics that I had never really noticed before. Just how much Martin and Petr look like each other. When they were waiting for their scores, Liza was sitting in between them. And were it not for the fact that Martin hadn't put on his team jacket (he had it sitting on his lap), you would have had trouble telling which was which with their masks on.

Liza and Martin are at the back of a tight group of three partnerships. They are 1.19 points behind 16th position, Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI (ITA), and 1.35 points behind 15th position, Hailey KOPS / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI (ISR). Ahead of this group, there is a 6.38 point gap to 14th position, Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nolan SEEGERT (DEU); and behind the group is a 2.68 point gap to 18th position, Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER (AUT).

Under normal circumstances, I would be saying that if Liza and Martin put in a good FS, they would have a chance of climbing up the two positions to the top of the group. But, that they would need to be careful of Miriam and Severin. However, at the Olympics, only the Top 16 from the Short Programme go through to the Free Skate. So, Liza & Martin and Mirian & Severin are actually going home.

It is ridiculous. I could understand having a cut off if we had a field of 32, and were sending 8 partnerships home to get 24 through to the Free Skate. But, in a field of 18?! And sending all but 2 partnerships through?! It's not right. Admittedly, we should have had 19 partnerships to start with, except that Ioulia CHTCHETININA / Mark MAGYAR (HUN) had to withdraw due to a positive COVID-19 test. But, even so. Cutting 3 partnerships would have been just as ridiculous.

The way that the ISU and IOC are treating the Pairs category is disgraceful. And something needs to be done so that the Pairs skaters get the respect they deserve.

Unfortunately, it seems like Liza and Martin were destined not to perform their Free Skate at the Olympics.

Nevertheless, they should be immensely proud. True, neither Short Programme went as well as they would have liked. But, for them to even qualify for the Olympics was a massive achievement, given that they were not able to train together for most of the past 2 years, as Liza was in Russia and Martin was in the Czech Republic.

CaroLiza_fan

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

"Liza sprained her ankle during the morning training before the competition. We did not know if we will even compete. But she managed to perform at full throttle, However, we made two big mistakes. In training we are doing well, not so much in the competition. It's a big disappointment for us naturally. But we do not want to make any excuses, we hope we will perform better next time."