Boyang Jin | Page 85 | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm confused. I don't understand how one is able to postpone appendix surgery! My understanding is that can be life threatening if it bursts (ruptures).

Why is a ruptured appendix life threatening?
A ruptured appendix could be life-threatening because "it is likely to cause massive infection of the abdominopelvic cavity.". In addition, appendicitis would require a surgical procedure to effectively remove the appendix of the body. Reaching a point where the appendix would burst could be fatal.

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
I'm confused. I don't understand how one is able to postpone appendix surgery! My understanding is that can be life threatening if it bursts (ruptures).

Why is a ruptured appendix life threatening?
A ruptured appendix could be life-threatening because "it is likely to cause massive infection of the abdominopelvic cavity.". In addition, appendicitis would require a surgical procedure to effectively remove the appendix of the body. Reaching a point where the appendix would burst could be fatal.
Exactly, I also knew this. That’s why I asked what surgery he postponed. Appendicitis should be treated immediately.
Unless it is just a slight inflammation that can be treated with medicines, that’s what happened to me, I treated it with medicines with no need to postpone anything.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I understand where he is coming from but this still sounds bad to me.
But it's a bad situation either way. Get the surgery - he may not recover from the surgery before the Olympics; Conservative treatment - he might be in a bad physical condition this entire season. Quite a dilemma.
I'm not sure appendix surgery knocks anyone out for that long.

But personally I think it's entirely possible we just don't know what the situation is. We're just going off an interview. It was bad enough to go to the hospital, but maybe the doctors determined this was fine to be controlled for a few more months through medicine. I sure hope it's a wise, informed decision, anyway...

Reactions: Giu

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
By the way, they did reach Italy, but are currently in Milan! Hope Boyang does a lot of shopping there, hehe.
Are they in Milan? Does someone where they will train? I don’t want to stalk him 🤗 but maybe I could casually take a walk near the rink

icybear

Medalist
Lori Nicol is such a scam. I honestly dont know why the Chinese fed still use her as she just cheats them off their money with her costly crap programs. She didnt use more than half a brain cell to conjure up Boyang Bolero because there is no decent choreo there. The arm thrusting movement in the end step seq is cringe. Ugh any past FS program would have been better than this

16Olympics

On the Ice
I thought that it was Boyang who was reluctant to relocate, but all that is past now: he is training with Brian and Tracy:hap10:

And as you know by now @16Olympics, Jason is training for US Nats. We love to see the multicultural training at TCC. :)

I think the Boyang move was before/around the time of covid so it became a mute point.
It's all GOOD!!! Jun has been doing heavenly this season so far and Jason has two glorious months to train and get back in top shape. I'm so happy for Boyang, too. If anyone can bring out his skating skills potential it's TCC!!

And, I can't forget that Rika is there, too. My, oh, my. Brian/Tracy are going to be busy. I'd be salivating every day at the prospects.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hooray! Love to see Boyang content.

Is he injured though? Or will he go to his second Grand Prix event? Has he skated this season? I miss him!