Joshua Farris | Page 67 | Golden Skate

Joshua Farris

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I do have an account, but I don't have a smart phone. I have to access on my home computer. I am logged in and I just don't see it where Instagram says it would be. I'm sure I miss a lot of content that is specifically designed for mobile apps.. :(

Click on someone avatar to access their stories. They only last for 24hrs and then disappear. You’ll know when their is a story because they’ll be a pinkish ring around their avatar. Maybe it’s called a profile pic and not an avatar.

td84fan

Rinkside
Click on someone avatar to access their stories. They only last for 24hrs and then disappear. You’ll know when their is a story because they’ll be a pinkish ring around their avatar. Maybe it’s called a profile pic and not an avatar.

Thank you. It must be gone, clicking on his avatar/profile pic didn't work and there is no ring around it that I can see.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I do have an account, but I don't have a smart phone. I have to access on my home computer. I am logged in and I just don't see it where Instagram says it would be. I'm sure I miss a lot of content that is specifically designed for mobile apps.. :(

The Instagram app is available for PCs. Download-able from the online "Microsoft Store" on my PC:

Ever since downloading the app onto my PC, I have been able to see Instagram stories on my PC.

[Agree that it is impossible (AFAIK) to see Instagram stories via Internet browser.]

Too late now to see Josh in Joe's Instagram story, but I hope you can download the app onto your PC to see new Instagram story content going forward.

(General comment:
Although some apps when originally launched are only for smartphones ... some later become available as apps that are download-able on PCs.
Lyft and Uber are two more examples of such apps.)​

Social media alert! Check out Joe Johnson’s instagram stories for today!

Belated thanks for posting the alert. It was great to see Josh :luv17:.

td84fan

Rinkside
The Instagram app is available for PCs. Download-able from the online "Microsoft Store" on my PC:

Ever since downloading the app onto my PC, I have been able to see Instagram stories on my PC.

[Agree that it is impossible (AFAIK) to see Instagram stories via Internet browser.]

Too late now to see Josh in Joe's Instagram story, but I hope you can download the app onto your PC to see new Instagram story content going forward.

(General comment:
Although some apps when originally launched are only for smartphones ... some later become available as apps that are download-able on PCs.
Lyft and Uber are two more examples of such apps.)​

Belated thanks for posting the alert. It was great to see Josh :luv17:.
Thanks for the info. I am not running Windows 10 yet and the app is only available for that. I'll get there soon, so I'll save the link.

Jem X

Rinkside
Thans for that app ice coverage. I installed it on my PC and now have the ability to see the Instagram stories. I previously just opened Instagram in another window, but this works better as I can now watch the stories.(If I want to).

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Here is an unofficial list of the participants at Sectionals next week. Josh is not on the list. Has he a bye through Sectionals?

SENIOR MEN
E (6): Tim Dolensky (B), Jimmy Ma, Oleksiy Melnyk, Curran Oi, Emmanuel Savary, Kevin Shum (B)
M (7): Tomoki Hiwatashi (B), Ben Jalovick, Alex Johnson (B), Colton Johnson, Jordan Moeller (B), Patrick Rupp, Luke West
P (8): Sean Conlon, Derrick Der, Scott Dyer, Daniel Kulenkamp, Shotaro Omori, Sebastien Payannet, Dennis Phan, Sean Rabbitt (B)

musicfan80

Medalist
I don’t think so - I believe that his NHK Trophy assignment would have been his bye if he had been able to compete. :(

Looks like this season won’t happen for him, either. Hopefully, we will hear an update from him soon. I hope he is doing well and he is able to skate sometime.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*sad droop*

I suppose the writing was on the wall for that for a while...but I still had a little hope.

*perks up*

I know! He's taking his extra time to be sure he's ready so he can kick all of the butt next season! :yes:

EDIT: And if nothing else, there's our dear Trio all together at the top of the Fan Fest.

musicfan80

Medalist
It just sucks so bad that a skater like Josh will probably never make it to the Olympics. :(

I just hope whatever setback he had isn’t affecting his health too much now and that he is in good spirits with his skating.

Isn’t his birthday coming up soon?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Josh Farris: brain damage from concussion

Approximately 2 1/2 years ago, Joshua Farris incurred a concussion during training quad. Josh was a figure skater with his sight set on this year's Olympic Games. That training day changed his life forever.

After many tests, 4 months in darkness, and a visit to the Cleveland Brain Clinic in Las Vegas, Josh was diagnosed with damage to his 6th cranial nerve. He underwent 18 more months of recovery. At that time the doctors cleared Josh to return to skating. Things weren't going right. Another visit to the doctor revealed damage to the right eye. Through compensating for the right eye, Josh herniated his disk between 6th & 7th.

Josh needs to undergo special eye and brain therapy to retrain his brain to use his right side and right eye. The testing and therapy costs $4,300. Josh can't work more than 2 hours a day because of the brain damage. Health Insurance does not cover this therapy.

Please consider contributing to Josh's much needed treatments today.

https://www.gofundme.com/joshs-eye-and-brain-therapy-fund

Josh:sad4::sad4::sad4:

Prayers for recovered health.:pray:

Last edited by a moderator:

andromache

Record Breaker
Came here to post this too. Simply heartbreaking. I'm so sad and angry at the same time. Sad for Josh, angry at the American health care system that finds it acceptable to allow this to happen at all.

Nobody should have to start a GoFundMe for this type of treatment. I'm upset for Josh having to go through this at all - but then having to air it all in public (we all know Josh loves his privacy) in order to raise money for treatment is just another injustice.

Spinning

On the Ice
Oh no...I thought he was getting better. :ghug:

I wish I have a healing power. Get well soon Josh!