Julianne Seguin & Charlie Bilodeau | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Julianne Seguin & Charlie Bilodeau

Chantilly

On the Ice
Yap, they are a future for Canadian pairs. :) I like watching their lovely personality projecting on the ice.

Although they missed some elements, it is only early of the season.

- - - Updated - - -

I love their SP. As for the FS, well, I don't know whether the second half of the FS music that sounds odd is because of edit problems or because two separate music pieces were coincidentally recorded into the video. We will see in a next competition.
Yeah I heard that too.
I'm guessing it's a mistake of recording.
It really doesn't make sense otherwise.
I was very disappointed in the vocal section on.
It doesn't suit them IMO.
Too old fashioned and dated.
But they are lovely skaters. And I agree they needed to go with a more mature look.
Maybe on decent video I'll like it more.
I hope so.

senatormls

On the Ice
I saw their practice sessions on TSL- on the road, and they really iimpress me! THey have a great chemistry and work ethic. They use their lines and extensions well.

tulosai

Record Breaker
These two just make me SO happy to watch- they have such great connection and personality on the ice, it's impossible not to smile while you watch them, especially when they go clean.

liv

Record Breaker
I really enjoyed their sp at ACI. They have such excellent unison and clearly get along very well. I see them overall as a much better *pair* than D/R, although that team of course has more difficult elements. These two just look so good on the ice together and their unison has only improved, despite their height difference. That twist has gotten so much better...the sbs 3loops... wow.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Great skate in the SP. I can't wait to see their FS! I agree that they're continuing to improve. I watched their GPF performances again last night after their ACI SP and was struck when the BESP commentator said they were "skating out of the box" last season. It really doesn't seem like they intend to slow down.

They also commented on exactly what tulosai said above, and what I love most about them too - they're constantly looking toward and connecting with each other on the ice. Gives me all the warm fuzzies.

I updated the OP with recent videos and the Patinaje Pink Power and TSL interviews. I plan to update again and maybe give the OP a facelift after the FS.

Last edited:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Their FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQL031_GGuM

They posted two photos on their FB page from ACI. Along with their FS photo, they wrote:

GOLD GOLD GOLD
Une médaille d'or internationale pour débuter la saison!!
(Translation: An international gold medal to start the season!!)

Congrats!! Can't wait to see them at Skate America!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
they were so good yesterday :) loved it. huge standing ovation... and i saw charlie sitting down with his family. he seemed so sweet ;)

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
So pleased and excited for them for their win at SA! They bring such fresh, youthful energy to the pairs discipline and are simply a joy to watch. Lol, it's kind of strange...I was busy and not able to catch the earliest programs, but I managed to tune into IN for the pairs FS at the exact moment S/B were being introduced!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i am so happy with this particular win for two reasons
1) they made a mistake in the SP and didn't look as confident... Picard (their coach) even said to Charlie in French before the Sp go for it, we didn't do all this work for nothing... trying to boost his confidence
2) they were so far behind first place...

YET, they performed it better IMHO than at ACI... both were clean performances but I felt this one had a bit more energy and wait for it ... confidence.

This could be a life changing experience for them, as they have learned now that they can recover from a mistake but also that nothing is ever over, even if you are 10 points behind after the SP and in 3rd place...

GO GO GO GO GO. we think of them as the future of pairs in Canada... well the future is right now

Layback11

Record Breaker
Couldn't be happier with Julianne and Charlie's performances at Skate America. Their joy and connection are truly special. #TeamBiloguin4Life

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Couldn't be happier with Julianne and Charlie's performances at Skate America. Their joy and connection are truly special. #TeamBiloguin4Life

You nailed it - joy and connection. They just radiate it on the ice. I don't love their FS this season but they still made me smile the whole way through.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Julianne and Charlie! May this Gold Medal be the inspiration and motivation as well as the beginning of the winning habit.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was truly a magical skate! I couldn't help but smile while I watched them. So happy for them!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You nailed it - joy and connection. They just radiate it on the ice. I don't love their FS this season but they still made me smile the whole way through.

Weren't they great?!...So nice to meet you the other day!:)