Julianne Seguin & Charlie Bilodeau | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Julianne Seguin & Charlie Bilodeau

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yes, I actually think their chances are very good now- I'd be so happy if they make it, it's always such a delight to watch them :cheer:

reneerose

Final Flight
Did they basically withdraw after the SP at the Canada Challenge event to conserve themselves for GPF? So excited to watch them in the coming Grand Prix Final. And they are bringing last season's short program back. The footwork and choreography in that Monde Inverse SP is the bomb! :love:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
they went to challenge just to run through their SP, since they are back to last year's very successful SP... so no more SBS 3Loops... so yes, they didn't feel like doing the LP... headed to GPF now!!! let's hope the change of SP was the right move!
Did they basically withdraw after the SP at the Canada Challenge event to conserve themselves for GPF? So excited to watch them in the coming Grand Prix Final. And they are bringing last season's short program back. The footwork and choreography in that Monde Inverse SP is the bomb! :love:

reneerose

Final Flight
they went to challenge just to run through their SP, since they are back to last year's very successful SP... so no more SBS 3Loops... so yes, they didn't feel like doing the LP... headed to GPF now!!! let's hope the change of SP was the right move!
I guess it possibly wasn't? Maybe they were used to the current SP. Those mistakes looked disastrous in the SP. They definitely need to work on the SBS jumps.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i agree... i think perhaps they panicked... they had a good outing at ACI... they weren't confident with the SP here at GPF... i think either one of them would have given them a similar result... however.... apart from the one fall right at the beginning in the LP, they truly had the performance of the day! They were too far to climb up to the podium but they certainly skater very well in the LP... I am happy they redeemed themselves. They are a super young team. They have a bright future. But in a relatively deep field in Canada, they became #2 behind world champions and GPF stars on their first appearance last year.... too much pressure... let the kids develop! They have an illustrious coach in Josée Picard (coach of B/E) and I think she can do wonders with them. Charlie boy needs to own it! He needs his confidence. Julianne is a star. At ACI, she fell pretty much on every attempt of a jump in the warm up... and then, she nailed everything when it counted. She nailed everything again today... She was able to do land all triples as a junior single skater... so I wish them to just take their time and bloom. I hope they make the world team this year and remain injury free.
I guess it possibly wasn't? Maybe they were used to the current SP. Those mistakes looked disastrous in the SP. They definitely need to work on the SBS jumps.

reneerose

Final Flight
i agree... i think perhaps they panicked... they had a good outing at ACI... they weren't confident with the SP here at GPF... i think either one of them would have given them a similar result... however.... apart from the one fall right at the beginning in the LP, they truly had the performance of the day! They were too far to climb up to the podium but they certainly skater very well in the LP... I am happy they redeemed themselves. They are a super young team. They have a bright future. But in a relatively deep field in Canada, they became #2 behind world champions and GPF stars on their first appearance last year.... too much pressure... let the kids develop! They have an illustrious coach in Josée Picard (coach of B/E) and I think she can do wonders with them. Charlie boy needs to own it! He needs his confidence. Julianne is a star. At ACI, she fell pretty much on every attempt of a jump in the warm up... and then, she nailed everything when it counted. She nailed everything again today... She was able to do land all triples as a junior single skater... so I wish them to just take their time and bloom. I hope they make the world team this year and remain injury free.

The first fall in the GPF SP for Julianne looked so scary...what exactly looked to be the cause of that? Yeah I know the GPF SP was an off day for them. When is the World Team again? Yes, they could have the nerves of being suddenly in the spotlight. Maybe they need to skate with the mindset that they are alternates all the time to take the pressure off...and not let expectations put pressure on them. They are so pretty, would love to see them on Olympic ice in 2 years :love:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i think they will make the podium at nationals... and then it's up to the two top teams to place within the 13 pointers to get 3 times at olympics for canada...i think it should happen this year, especially considering the mess that pairs is right now with so many injuries and uncertainties...

by 2018, they probably will have the experience needed to challenge for a top 5-6... i know.. i am perhaps over-positive but i think that julianne is one of the best girls out there and that charlie is strong and endearing. He only needs to get more experience and apparently he started figure skating really old (teenage years)... so he will probably be a late bloomer in their senior years... they managed very well as juniors...anyways... i am a very indulging and indulgent fan when it comes to these two
The first fall in the GPF SP for Julianne looked so scary...what exactly looked to be the cause of that? Yeah I know the GPF SP was an off day for them. When is the World Team again? Yes, they could have the nerves of being suddenly in the spotlight. Maybe they need to skate with the mindset that they are alternates all the time to take the pressure off...and not let expectations put pressure on them. They are so pretty, would love to see them on Olympic ice in 2 years :love:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm not really too upset or sad or concerned about what happened at the GPF. First of all, I just enjoy watching these two, really no matter how they skate. To me there's something very special about them, a quality in their skating that makes them very easy and pleasant to watch even if they fall or make other errors. You really feel the connection between them and the joy in their skating.

Second of all for all real intents and purposes they are still a young team, toward the beginning of their senior careers. They have time to sort everything out, a few bad competitions are hardly the end of the world.

As for being concerned they won't make the world team :rofl: I'm sorry but there is no way they will not be placed on the World team. I would be Shocked (yes, with a capital S) if they are not there.

reneerose

Final Flight
Yeah Charlie needs more confidence! Maybe he needs to practice as if he were a single skater on the jumping? [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
tulosai, i hope you are right ;) but ice is slippery... and Canada, despite having 3 spots, has 4 strong teams right now.. .Of course, on paper, S/B are number 2... but #3-4 teams placed in top ten at previous worlds with quite good programs... so it's never in the bag... even if, well... it almost is ;)

Esopian

Final Flight
This is a bit off topic but I just spotted these two at the waiting area at the airport in casual clothing, I was too shy to go over there and greet them but I'm happy I saw them! :)

reneerose

Final Flight
This is a bit off topic but I just spotted these two at the waiting area at the airport in casual clothing, I was too shy to go over there and greet them but I'm happy I saw them! :)

That's not off topic! We're fan festing! I think they might be shy themselves. Glad you saw them! They are so cute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lucyagogo

On the Ice
I so hope they do good at Nationals I really want to see them compete at Worlds. They have so much potential, chemistry and charm. I'm sure they'll be ready to be on top 10 on 2018, they deserve it.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good luck to them at Nationals! They were one of the highlights of Sk America for me, and I really hope to see them at Worlds!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Just saw that they won't be at nationals. Best wishes to Julianne, hope she makes a speedy recovery. :cry: