Kaetlyn Osmond | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Kaetlyn Osmond

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
So proud and happy for both our women. And the were charming at the press conference. L:love:ve these 2 young ladies!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Hello, ...is this thing on? We are less than 24 hours away from Kaetlyn's biggest skate of her career, yet so silent? I'm sure Kaetlyn will give us something to sing about, this time tomorrow.

Remember, excellence and not perfection.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Hello, ...is this thing on? We are less than 24 hours away from Kaetlyn's biggest skate of her career, yet so silent? I'm sure Kaetlyn will give us something to sing about, this time tomorrow.

Remember, excellence and not perfection.

go kaetlyn!!!! i organized my whole day to be able to watch you!!!!!!!!!!! i like this :excellence and not perfection

LRK

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Kaetlyn! What a wonderful moment to skate a clean free, and win a well-deserved silver - so great to see her live up to her potential. Also, I'm so glad that she skated last and provided such a beautiful ending to the competition.:)

liv

Record Breaker
Well deserved medal for someone who has long had the potential, but not the luck to go with it. I was really worried about the jumps half way through, knowing she's had issues, but she did so well to keep it together and perform. The audience loved her. Nicely done in the last start of the night. Awesome job. In my mind skating after Gabrielle was probably a good thing... she knows and has competed against her many times so it was like a mini Nationals. I'm sure that wasn't in her mind, but i certainly liked the idea and it worked out for her!!

Enjoy the moment, Kaetlyn... but this next year you gotta work on some combos in the 2nd half!!!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Fabulous. This is so fantastic. And I think her success here will help her in the future too in terms of really believing she can win big competitions.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
What a brilliant skate. Kaetlyn fought hard. After the slight wobble right at the beginning on the 2a3t i got so nervous, until right away, she nailed the lutz. She fought back after doubling the loop too. But throughout the fight. She kept smiling and skating to the music. She was in complete synch with the music and brought a very strong performance. 3 personnal bests : that's what a skater wants to do at worlds. Always believed you could do this. I am glad you also believed in yourself.

sarama

Medalist
I kept my exepectations for Kaetlyn really low all season, but she really was spectacular at worlds. She handeld her nerves excellently, and I'm glad she is starting to get a palmarès worthy of her talent and ability. :hap10:

Also I think she is just a lovely human being:luv17:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
as I am doing now some Fan Fest rounds to cheer up on skaters I enjoyed the most (as I wrote my looong recap posts aka 'word vomits' during competition time...:slink:), I have to pop up here and show my biggest admiration for Kaetlyn, her fighting spirit and amazing result!:cheer:

I feel sorry for those who are belittling her just because their personally inflicted sentiments are coming out to play and ridiculous wishes/'convictions' about Kaetlyn bound to bomb - it speaks per itself about those who are saying that, not about Kaetlyn, as she rubbed off some noses by quality and fierceness of her outing (slay lol).

She put me at much-needed ease watching her - I could totally relax watching a full-rounded competitor, sophisticated and mature in expression. And I won't lie, I was concerned how she'll manage to hold up in FS, but he fought for it HARD, such a contrast to 4CC. There' s a flow around her, speed, enormous presence she fills with every program. And that lovely, infectious smile. A champion and a lovely person, I'm glad for her as a skater and a human being, to come back with such strength and dedication. And how she succeeded under so much critic and pressure.

:cheer:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
Congratulations to Kaetlyn for winning the silver medal! I really enjoyed both of her performances, her mature skating and charisma on the ice. She delivered under pressure! Well done!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
as I am doing now some Fan Fest rounds to cheer up on skaters I enjoyed the most (as I wrote my looong recap posts aka 'word vomits' during competition time...:slink:), I have to pop up here and show my biggest admiration for Kaetlyn, her fighting spirit and amazing result!:cheer:

I feel sorry for those who are belittling her just because their personally inflicted sentiments are coming out to play and ridiculous wishes/'convictions' about Kaetlyn bound to bomb - it speaks per itself about those who are saying that, not about Kaetlyn, as she rubbed off some noses by quality and fierceness of her outing (slay lol).

She put me at much-needed ease watching her - I could totally relax watching a full-rounded competitor, sophisticated and mature in expression. And I won't lie, I was concerned how she'll manage to hold up in FS, but he fought for it HARD, such a contrast to 4CC. There' s a flow around her, speed, enormous presence she fills with every program. And that lovely, infectious smile. A champion and a lovely person, I'm glad for her as a skater and a human being, to come back with such strength and dedication. And how she succeeded under so much critic and pressure.

:cheer:

Nonameface, you always put a smile on my face!

Thank you for your opinions which are always valued and respected by me and us underdog Canadians. As you likely know, I have waited for this moment the past 5 years, and always knew that if the Canadians were successful, to expect the usual Negative Nellies and Debbie Downers along the way, from those who do not wish to accept reality. However, I always knew that the cream would rise, even when naysayers would try and bring you down. You sir, as always cream to me...thanks again for your continued support of our athletes and their supporters!

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Nonameface, you always put a smile on my face!

Thank you for your opinions which are always valued and respected by me and us underdog Canadians. As you likely know, I have waited for this moment the past 5 years, and always knew that if the Canadians were successful, to expect the usual Negative Nellies and Debbie Downers along the way, from those who do not wish to accept reality. However, I always knew that the cream would rise, even when naysayers would try and bring you down. You sir, as always cream to me...thanks again for your continued support of our athletes and their supporters!

:ghug:, I knew Kaetlyn will achieve big things since Wrlds 2013 when I was amazed by 17-year old woman to sell Latin SP like she did; such talent and mature sophistication were never going to get wasted so easily, despite odds' wishes. Glad You're so happy.

and personally as You addressed by support for Canadian skaters. I support those who are great athletes, great people, sensible over things worth this sensibility, fierce competitors, and in all that said - those who simply suits my aesthetic taste. I never sugarcoat things and show support just because there's hype over someone, being 'darling of du jour', or there are only results, big scores or records broken, it's just not my ethic. I do acknowledge results, but it doesn't mean I have to fully agree with them or automatically like/phrase the winner (which is a current case in Ladies for me). It is not an obligation. I never fight results, I fight prejudices, personal cnvictions and hate-inflicted judgements, because they're sources of biggest catastrophes and conflicts.

Always had nothing but respect for Kaetlyn and belief that she'll be back and roaring. I could be silent - especially on things I don't like/don't get from aesthetic point of view - but it does not mean that I don't suppor and believe:ghug:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Everything that I feel about Kaetlyn's skating and her achievement at Worlds has already been expressed so eloquently in these posts! So I'll just say, congratulations to Kaetlyn for her two beautiful performances and her silver medal! :hap10:

hohoho

On the Ice
I see Lance Vipond is in Edmonton and Kaetlyn just left Toronto. Wondering if Kaetlyn opted out of WTT to get her programs for next year done.