Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker

slider11

Medalist
Disappointed with World's scoring for Kaitlin and Jean-Luc. I think the RD was scored fairly and as much fun as it is I think it has maxed its charm. But I did think the FD deserved more scrutiny and reward. Although they still might have ranked 8-9th with the strong teams above them, 113 was a low score.

Next year will be predictable with those top 5 teams battling for the Olympic podium. But is this a time for H/B to consider a coaching change to give them a fresh perspective? The Lanes come to mind as dynamic and innovative. Piper and Paul are much like Kaitlin and Jean-Luc - a male skater with exceptional technical skills and a female skater who has made much progress and compliments her partner well. I know that the Gadbois team has given H/B latitude in designing their skates which is smart on their part. Is sticking with Montreal the best bet with many of the current top students likely retiring after next year? Or stick around and become the top Montreal students in 2022-23? Mmmmhh....

oly2018

Final Flight
Disappointed with World's scoring for Kaitlin and Jean-Luc. I think the RD was scored fairly and as much fun as it is I think it has maxed its charm. But I did think the FD deserved more scrutiny and reward. Although they still might have ranked 8-9th with the strong teams above them, 113 was a low score.

Next year will be predictable with those top 5 teams battling for the Olympic podium. But is this a time for H/B to consider a coaching change to give them a fresh perspective? The Lanes come to mind as dynamic and innovative. Piper and Paul are much like Kaitlin and Jean-Luc - a male skater with exceptional technical skills and a female skater who has made much progress and compliments her partner well. I know that the Gadbois team has given H/B latitude in designing their skates which is smart on their part. Is sticking with Montreal the best bet with many of the current top students likely retiring after next year? Or stick around and become the top Montreal students in 2022-23? Mmmmhh....
I think Gadbois hasn't been the best fit for them. While I really their Blondie free dance, it has a similar vibe to their free from their first Gadbois season. This is definitely the better version, but it does feel derivative. I also think we have seen a lot of small bobbles from them in competition. They seems minor, but I can see how a judge starts to look at a program differently if there are a few small mistakes. I do think they need a fresh set of eyes to help them out. They should have been what the British team are now. The fun team with crowd pleasing programs. I personally never loved the RD as much as others, but it was definitely in the right direction.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I think Gadbois hasn't been the best fit for them. While I really their Blondie free dance, it has a similar vibe to their free from their first Gadbois season. This is definitely the better version, but it does feel derivative. I also think we have seen a lot of small bobbles from them in competition. They seems minor, but I can see how a judge starts to look at a program differently if there are a few small mistakes. I do think they need a fresh set of eyes to help them out. They should have been what the British team are now. The fun team with crowd pleasing programs. I personally never loved the RD as much as others, but it was definitely in the right direction.
I agree, they need to leave the main Gadbois camp and go train in Ontario with Scott Moir like Carreira and Ponomarenko are.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I’ve been begging for them to leave IAM for some time. Kaitlyn is so happy there they will never leave. Their weak points tend to be the weak points of iam (rhythm dance). Now Tanith was raving about the work they had done over the past 2 years, their improvement, etc- but it isn’t translating into scores.
2019’s FD was a travesty. I wanted to cry for them at both GPs.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It’s my understanding that they choreographed the FD mostly by themselves.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree, they need to leave the main Gadbois camp and go train in Ontario with Scott Moir like Carreira and Ponomarenko are.
Sigh..Kaitlyn loves it where they are. I’m not entirely sure about Jean Luc.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Y’all, I’m collecting dad jokes to tell these 2 at the next FOFS breakfast. The plan is to go up to them and go “Hey Jean Luc, hey Jean Luc, hey Jean Luc” and tell the joke. I will attempt to film this. Please leave any good ones here.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Y’all, I’m collecting dad jokes to tell these 2 at the next FOFS breakfast. The plan is to go up to them and go “Hey Jean Luc, hey Jean Luc, hey Jean Luc” and tell the joke. I will attempt to film this. Please leave any good ones here.
I love Dad jokes!

Some ones I heard recently:

Who designed King Arthur's round table?

Sir Cumference

What's a kangaroo's favourite music style?

Hip hop

Why did Adele cross the road?

To say "Hello from the Other Side"

:laugh2:

Apple1078

Final Flight
Looks like they are currently in Irvine, California. They showed up outside Mariah Bell's door in one of her insta stories so I assume they'll be training at Great Park Ice (or one of the other rinks nearby... but Great Park Ice would make sense as Alexa, Brandon, Nathan and Mariah are based there) ahead of WTT.

slider11

Medalist
WTT was disappointing especially the FD scores. They are not getting the technical scores they need and especially need to up the components. Time for a change? Ontario is only a few hundred miles west.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Only the best off-ice treatment for Swan Luc ;)

Also Kaitlin's Dad Jokes continue in her stories if you want to take a look ☺️

And a very important and necessary photo from the WTT Gala

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN2tlzMJMK5 - Also from WTT hanging with friends

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN8C2xCpd3f - Jean Luc's such a showboat, I love him 😂

https://www.instagram.com/p/COaqVZKJcC6 - Only one week left of quarantine! (This was posted 5 days ago so only 2 days left now)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Whyyyyyy do the International judges hate them? I wanted them to keep their MASTERPIECE of a FD from this year but not if it’s going to get bad scores.